The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Alpha 6000 for Sports ?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
My initial thoughts is I won't need my A7 and use this for that type of work and my A7r for everything else. The A7 gets limited use

Stefan Steib

I think this is mindboggling ! If you take these features and compare this to a Nikon D4 or a Canon DX there is not so much difference ! You can additionally use APS-C lenses with higher apertures/maybe even a speedbooster..... so you may gain another1 stop to compensate for the smaller pixels/noise ?

Brrr - I just think about the canon crowd on Olympics the first moment someone will show up with an Alpha 6000 and do pro work..... brrrrr

:eek:

OMG......

nostatic

We'll have to see once it comes. The Fuji XTi is the AF and EVF darling of the bloggers but is getting some more mixed reaction now that it is hitting the streets. My 24-70/4 just showed up and I love it. If the a6000 really can AF quickly and has a quiet shutter, I can then use my FE lenses and have a great combo. The RX1r might be expendable at that point. Only thing lacking on that camera is an EVF and I can't bring myself to spend another $450 to have one on it...

Stefan Steib

OK found this - it´s a commercial review but shows some interesting stuff.

Sony A6000 Review - YouTube

some more thoughts: fast teles will become longer for less money....
and if combined with one of these new Xperia Z2 tablets you can do realtime shooting directly from the tablet, waterproof probably in pouring rain and travelling with light gear.

SGP511/SGP512/SGP521 | Xperia Tablets | Sony

hmmm. I see hard times coming up for Canon and Nikon and the other who are not able to integrate media as much as of course a company like Sony can.....

fotografz

I saw that video yesterday, and when he showed the final images I was stunned.

Wonder how loud the shutter really is … it was pretty intrusive in the video, but the mic was probably right next to the A6000.

I don't know folks … Sony is lobbing one jaw dropper after another into the camera market.

With the new stabilized FE70-200/4 on this A6000 … you'd be working with a 105-300/4 for sports and such. Not bad.

- Marc

Stefan Steib

Right Marc - exactly my thought - and- for Photo nobody cares much about loud motor cameras. Can you remember the old F3 or N1 driving their motors ? It´s certainly less noisy than that !

MikalWGrass

If the thing works well with adapted A mount lenses it will be a good camera for those of us who shoot some sports. The ZA 135/1.8 and the 70-200/2.8G APO will become longer and lighter. The body has IBIS?

The a6000 didn't seem any louder than my a900 in a quiet room.