The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sony 4 adapter lossened up

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I shot the other day in the studio with my 85 1.4 and noticed I had some movement on the camera side of the adapter . Rocking back and forth. When I was done wanted to make sure it was not the camera so tried it on the A7.

I'm wondering if there is a way to tighten it down and make it a firm fit. No loss in images or softness just feels off to me. I may just buy a new adapter and actually I may just buy the 3 and use this 4 for AF only when I need it.

Just wondering if anyone has run into this and found a way to tighten it down. It's not the camera mount as I tried every lens I had.

mdg137

Rocking when rotating
wait, what???

Rocking= pulling AWAY from the camera mount by some perceptible amount-- are you saying in rocks WHEN it also rotates?

Or, are you saying it moves WHEN you manually focus, moving clockwise or anti clockwise, while remaining firm against the mount?

I have an adapter for my canon RF 50mm f0.95 that has very slight rotational play, but does not rock in or out, and thus has no effect on the image-- so I live with it-- if it were any more than barely detectable when I turn the focus ring, Id probably replace-- but as it is, no worries.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Let's call it roational . Once mounted it goes clockwise counter clockwise. It never deprecated from the camera just play rotational