Site Sponsors
Page 104 of 197 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,200 of 9841

Thread: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

I hear you Tre. That is the curse of mirrorless: easy access to dust, lint and hair. Far outweighed by the blessings to be sure. Now we know what the MFD guys feel like (the ones that switch backs between cameras in the field).

For the record (as a happily married photographer and family man), family photos are the MOST IMPORTANT photos you can take as the critics are merciless and very close at hand.
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography | Sony 𝛼7 II - 2 Sony FE Zooms - Lots of Canon FD Glass | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

All with the 35FE Distagon

Kiawah Day 1 3 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Kiawah Day 1 5 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Kiawah Day 1 6 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr

Kiawah Day 1 4 by Tre Nelson, on Flickr
    Last edited by iiiNelson; 13th May 2015 at 05:59.
    Priolite Ambassador | Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Tre, You have to be more careful with your A7r ("Full spectrum") since the dust shaker would be absent in that one.
    True...Very true. The cover glass is replaced with clear glass of equal thickness. I have a brush that works really well but I'm going to try to blow it off today.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Was curious how the flare played out.

Thanks for showing/sharing, Tre.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Was curious how the flare played out.

Thanks for showing/sharing, Tre.
    Yeah... This is with no hood as well. Metadata on the Flickr link.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers, Monty
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Schierbeek View Post
    I am the only one from Amsterdam (and Knorp, but he is not guilty) and I didn't say a word. I have just been righteous doing my likes.
    The critic is from The Haque, a posh governemental city, and they usually know where they are talking about
    I don't know what it is but I think the Cornwall network is slightly out of date. May be time to check the landlines over there to see if any information got stuck in those rocks.

BTW Did you know that you almost ran out of smilies for one post. You got lucky I think the smilie controllers were just having a nap.
    Must have been the time zone.
    Barry, I am waiting....... Don't tell me you ran out to take pictures again....:sleep006::sleep006::sleep006:
    Michiel, not sure what it is that you are waiting for!...I was just waiting for you to calm down a bit after your nap
    For your peace of mind I wasn't referring to you Michiel or Bart for that matter he is always innocent
    Had no idea that their was a smiley controller...Is he or she also from the Netherlands
    I will restrict it to no more than 3 smilies in the future
    __________________________________________________ __
    Good point (ing the obvious)! Barry and sorry about my wasted time.
    No intend to offend you at all. Only you have the right to make the comments.
    Vivek... I wasn't offended in the least, I was amused though

I just felt if members wish to spend their time pointing out what is generally pretty obvious to most of us here, that's their right to do so...Being English I personally just felt it was a little impolite and unnecessary as this is GetDPI not DPREVIEW.
    Personally though I feel we are all experienced enough here, well certainly on this particular thread, to be the very best critics of our own particular work.
    BTW...I would be the very last person to try and stop anybody here having their say, so please don't get me wrong...Criticism can be constructive but I have also seen it to be destructive to others.
    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Haines View Post

Vivek... I wasn't offended in the least, I was amused though

I just felt if members wish to spend their time pointing out what is generally pretty obvious to most of us here, that's their right to do so...Being English I personally just felt it was a little impolite and unnecessary as this is GetDPI not DPREVIEW.
    Personally though I feel we are all experienced enough here, well certainly on this particular thread, to be the very best critics of our own particular work.
    BTW...I would be the very last person to try and stop anybody here having their say, so please don't get me wrong...Criticism can be constructive but I have also seen it to be destructive to others.
    There is absolutely no hint of any impoliteness. I have no clue about dpreview, I do not participate there so, I have no clue what you are talking about. Being English can not be an excuse for anything. Please stop projecting your perception unnecessarily and with oblique sayings. My post was clearly not a criticism. It was fact as I saw it. If you disagree with it fine. If you dislike it, say it in plain (mind the forum etiquette) English. It is that simple.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

There is absolutely no hint of any impoliteness. I have no clue about dpreview, I do not participate there so, I have no clue what you are talking about. Being English can not be an excuse for anything. Please stop projecting your perception unnecessarily and with oblique sayings. My post was clearly not a criticism. It was fact as I saw it. If you disagree with it fine. If you dislike it, say it in plain (mind the forum etiquette) English. It is that simple.
    In fairness to Barry - if you don't know people's character well then corrections COULD come off as one of the cynical Sony haters that go on and on about people being stupid for using their products

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by HiredArm View Post
    In fairness to Barry - if you don't know people's character well then corrections COULD come off as one of the cynical Sony haters that go on and on about people being stupid for using their products
    How?

1. I have/use more SOny products than many in this forum.
    2. The perceived "impolite" post was about HDR and CA and has little to do with what was used to capture it with.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

How?

1. I have/use more SOny products than many in this forum.
    2. The perceived "impolite" post was about HDR and CA and has little to do with what was used to capture it with.
    Not you specifically. I was speaking in general.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by HiredArm View Post
    Not you specifically. I was speaking in general.
    Not relevant, Tre, especially in light of my earlier posts here praising Mr. Haines' PP skills.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Apologies everybody
    Eh, What I said was... "I personally just felt that it was a little impolite and unnecessary" that is the only time that I mentioned the word "impolite", surely I have the right to perceive your comment however I wish?..That is my perogative not yours!
    What is amusing (or at least to me) is that it comes after your earlier comment.
    "No intend to offend you at all. Only you have the right to make the comments"
    Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)
    Perhaps we can now just get along with this thread as Guy intended it to be, that's if that is OK with you Vivek?...I look forward to seeing your pictures
    Cheers Barry
    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

More from today around the yard:

Knobs by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Fronds by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Orchids 2 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

All shot with the Canon FL 55mm f/1.2 @ f/2.8
    Carlos Echenique | Carlos Echenique Photography | Sony 𝛼7 II - 2 Sony FE Zooms - Lots of Canon FD Glass | Olympus Pen-F - M.Zuiko 17mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 25mm f/1.8, M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8, Rokinon 12mm f/2 NCS
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yeah, that FL 55mm is sweet. The 35mm f/2 I picked is no slouch either. I currently have my eye on an 85mm f/1.8 that I hope to sniper this weekend. This will round out my primes nicely and for less than 1/2 the cost of the Sony 55mm f/1.8 (in total for the three primes).
    Last edited by etrigan63; 13th May 2015 at 21:13.

Senior Member Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The view from my window as seen by the FE 35 Distagon.

Bill CB

www.billcaulfeild-browne.ca
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Bill,
    my window is way more boring than yours. Scott Kelby once told me that the secret to taking amazing photos is to photograph amazing things. Your view has that in spades.

Wonderful.

Post Thanks / Like

'sea wall' - a7r / FE 16-35

www.douglaswoodphotography.com
    Likes 13 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Monty, many thanks.
    Once you receive yours I'm sure your doubts will all fade away (+ you will be able to sleep peacefully once again )...It's a great lens that renders beautifully it's hard not to full in love with it...Hope you get it soon, I'm enjoying your images here and on the Nikon thread...It's late here, so I'm off to bed...Cheers for now Barry
    Barry..... I ordered mine from Hongkong two days ago on 5/11, based on Bill reporting his satisfaction with the same supplier. It arrived here in Wisconsin at my door TODAY 5/13, which is a total surprise to me. Had I received it a week from now I would have been very happy, but getting it today just blew me away. I took several test shots with my a7r around the house tonight and I can see what the excitement is about, it is beautiful in every way especially the colors and the rendering with ample micro-contrast even at 1.4. Something I've not experienced before and I'm feeling it'll be tempting to keep this on instead of switching to another lens for anything close to a 35mm shot. And, what a feeling just holding the darn thing, the workmanship is superb. I'm not worried of suffering any remorse on this one. My Granddaughter marrys this weekend so timing is also right on also........ Cheers, Monty

BTW -- it just dawned on me.... I forgot to even notice the weight.

Post Thanks / Like

That's fantastic Monty!....I'm so delighted that both you and Bill are very happy with it...Otherwise I would have felt awful had it not lived up to your expectations as it did mine
    Please do share if you don't mind who the HK seller was, it could be handy for future purposes...In the past I have had to wait a fortnight for HK to UK deliveries, your seller was amazingly quick to your door...Look forward to seeing some more great images from you with your new lens...Cheers Barry

Doug, lovely to see you back here again my friend posting your beautiful monochromes and with a 16-35mm I see ....Cheers Barry

Bill, that is one beautiful view you have, brilliantly captured may I add...Cheers Barry
    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

"Waterlight" A project by Daan Roosegaarde on the Museum square in Amsterdam.
    It is an expression of the fact that we are living below sealevel.

Likes 21 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Beautiful, both the installation and the way you captured it. A click on like wasn't enough to tell how much I like it.

By the way, I just read a short news concerning the last report of the GIEC (Group of Intergovernmental Experts on the Climate) and since the beginning of the XXI th century, the heightening of the sea level is accelerating : 19cm between 1901 and 2010 (+1.7mm a year). The prevision foresee a heightening of between 26cm and 82cm between 2000 and 2100. I wonder how countries like yours or Bangladesh, or some flat islands are going yo do ? Of course Netherlands has learned to cope with that, but how much more can you take ?

That said, things don't necessarily look better in the Alps, where we will have to cope with the melting of the permafrost and the glaciers (which means more rocks falling down and an increased risk of flooding and slopes crolling/coming down.
    Last edited by Annna T; 14th May 2015 at 04:55.

Post Thanks / Like

That's fantastic Monty!....I'm so delighted that both you and Bill are very happy with it...Otherwise I would have felt awful had it not lived up to your expectations as it did mine
    Please do share if you don't mind who the HK seller was, it could be handy for future purposes...In the past I have had to wait a fortnight for HK to UK deliveries, your seller was amazingly quick to your door...Look forward to seeing some more great images from you with your new lens...Cheers Barry

Doug, lovely to see you back here again my friend posting your beautiful monochromes and with a 16-35mm I see ....Cheers Barry

Bill, that is one beautiful view you have, brilliantly captured may I add...Cheers Barry
    E-Infinity is the name of the camera company in Hongkong that sells thru ebay.
    Regards, Monty
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Michiel,

Excellent image, a composition in blue.
    At first I didn't notice the people in the dark foreground.
    They sure make the picture for me.
    Thanks.
    With best regards, K-H.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words, my friend. I'm shooting another system now (for the moment, anyway) but dug this one out of the archives. It was one of the last pictures I made with the a7r and yes, that FE 16-35 is a winner! I still check in here to look at your beautiful work and all the great pictures that many other Sony shooters make.

Cheers,
    Doug
    www.douglaswoodphotography.com

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Annna T View Post
    Beautiful, both the installation and the way you captured it. A click on like wasn't enough to tell how much I like it.

By the way, I just read a short news concerning the last report of the GIEC (Group of Intergovernmental Experts on the Climate) and since the beginning of the XXI th century, the heightening of the sea level is accelerating : 19cm between 1901 and 2010 (+1.7mm a year). The prevision foresee a heightening of between 26cm and 82cm between 2000 and 2100. I wonder how countries like yours or Bangladesh, or some flat islands are going yo do ? Of course Netherlands has learned to cope with that, but how much more can you take ?

That said, things didn't look necessarily better in the Alps, where we will have to cope with the melting of the permafrost and the glaciers (which means more rocks falling down and an increased risk of flooding sand slopes crowling down.
    Thank you Annna!

Another may be bigger problem will become all the rivers ending in our delta. There comes a point we want be able to get all that water to the sea. The dikes around the rivers will have to get higher and higher till it matches sea level. I hope the water engineers will come up with something.

It is time we quit using coles, oil and gas.

BTW The height of the positioning of the lights is at exactly sea level. Frightening isn't it!?
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you K-H! :-)

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you Annna!

Another may be bigger problem will become all the rivers ending in our delta. There comes a point we want be able to get all that water to the sea. The dikes around the rivers will have to get higher and higher till it matches sea level. I hope the water engineers will come up with something.

It is time we quit using coles, oil and gas.

BTW The height of the positioning of the lights is at exactly sea level. Frightening isn't it!?
    I will show this to one in the family who owns and lives in a house at the foot of river Maas.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I will show this to one in the family who owns and lives in a house at the foot of river Maas.
    No reason to panic yet, Vivek

Here are some more.

This guy was working with a huge monopod triggered by wifi. He wanted to shoot above sea level.
    Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

DSC06941 by unoh7, 135/3.4 Leica
    wandering about and watching the light last night...

DSC06972 by unoh7, 300 54b

DSC06969 by unoh7, 300 54b
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

A few shots taken with the A7r+Leica R 50mm Summicron on a walk downtown.

St. Paul's church soup kitchen entrance ("Loaves & Fishes").

and around the corner is

Tulips are still doing well.

Carl
    Gallery
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Serenity at Epcot by jmmtampa, on Flickr

With the 28-70 walk around kit lens and a little HDR treatment.

From Epcot at Disney.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers, Monty
    Likes 15 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A quick snap of a granddaughter with the new 35 1.4.

Cheers, Monty

Post Thanks / Like

Taken on a walk over to New Polzeath...The building is pretty close to the cliffs edge.

Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Likes 13 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My woodworking shop this foggy morning with the new 1.4.

Cheers, Monty

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Wow! You live on a sizable chunk of real estate there, Monty. I used to have a shed in the backyard, but I had to tear it down when I built the addition to my home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etrigan63 View Post
    Wow! You live on a sizable chunk of real estate there, Monty. I used to have a shed in the backyard, but I had to tear it down when I built the addition to my home.
    Well actually, it's only five plus acres but adjoining farms etc. make it look bigger. Enough for me at seventy three!

Thanks for the post! Cheers, Monty

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by slickster View Post
    Well actually, it's only five plus acres but adjoining farms etc. make it look bigger. Enough for me at seventy three!

Thanks for the post! Cheers, Monty
    My house is on a spacious lot: 75x105 feet, the back 6 ft owned by the power company. I hope to retire to a home with some acreage one day.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

First gorge walk of the season in Upper Treman gorge near Enfield, NY. Sony A7r + Cambo Actus + Rodenstock APO-Grandagon 55mm. Most were two shot stitches.

Last edited by scho; 16th May 2015 at 09:20.
    Carl
    Gallery
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Great shots, Carl!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

From a recent trip to Disney:

Exiting EPCOT by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

my backyard:

Models Pose by unoh7, 135/3.4 Leica A7.mod

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just outside Amsterdam.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by uhoh7 View Post
    my backyard:
    Nice advert for the season. Wouldn't the radio collar put off the male suitors?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nice advert for the season. Wouldn't the radio collar put off the male suitors?
    I hear it's the height of elk couture...