Site Sponsors
Page 127 of 197 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,350 of 9817

Thread: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

  1. #6301
    Senior Member MikeEvangelist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    The Ant

    FE 90mm ƒ2.8 Macro @ ƒ14 on A7ii


    Larger version here.
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

  2. #6302
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    I found a very nice like new copy of the Contax G 35mm f/2 Planar complete boxed set, with hood, hood cap, lens caps, contax UV filter, bag, and all original docs. Most people consider this lens to be the weak sister of the 45 planar, but I like the way this lens renders and don't care if micro contrast is a little less than what the 45 offers.



    Two shots on the A7RII with TechArt III adapter using PDAF and selective small focus point option.

    f/2.8



    f/8

    Carl
    Gallery
    Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

  3. #6303
    Senior Member Barry Haines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    1,510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Taken in Plymouth, Devon...this afternoon




    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Likes 20 Member(s) liked this post

  4. #6304
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    k-hawinkler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The "Land of Enchantment"
    Posts
    2,542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeEvangelist View Post
    The Ant

    FE 90mm ƒ2.8 Macro @ ƒ14 on A7ii


    Larger version here.
    Very nice! Great light and colors! Thanks.
    With best regards, K-H.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  5. #6305
    Senior Member Antonio Chagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Miami-Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Christmas in September. Already working for holidays.
    Sony A7R+ Kipon Tilt Shift + Pentax 645 120mm Macro, Nikon G 85mm 1.8, Nikon G 60mm Macro.









    ACH
    www.achdigital.com
    Likes 18 Member(s) liked this post

  6. #6306
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)


    Flyer by unoh7, on Flickr


    Model A Shadows by unoh7, on Flickr


    Hole in my Heart by unoh7, on Flickr

    A7.mod Canon nFD 24/2 aka "Bargain Batis"
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

  7. #6307
    New Member Sharif Abdou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Hey folks, first time poster here, apologies for the clichéd subject matter.

    A7RII + FE55/1.8 + Hoya NDX64 six stop ND filter.

    ISO 100, F4.5, 5 minute expose (BULB mode), processed in Snapseed on my phone.

    Cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ORG_DSC08932-01.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	465.9 KB 
ID:	95083  
    Likes 25 Member(s) liked this post

  8. #6308
    Senior Member Barry Haines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    1,510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharif Abdou View Post
    Hey folks, first time poster here, apologies for the clichéd subject matter.

    A7RII + FE55/1.8 + Hoya NDX64 six stop ND filter.

    ISO 100, F4.5, 5 minute expose (BULB mode), processed in Snapseed on my phone.

    Cheers.
    Excellent image Sharif...Welcome to GDPI Cheers Barry
    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  9. #6309
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Michiel Schierbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam/Normandy
    Posts
    3,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    762

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Argenton-sur-Creuse (last light)










    Likes 15 Member(s) liked this post

  10. #6310
    New Member Sharif Abdou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Haines View Post
    Excellent image Sharif...Welcome to GDPI Cheers Barry
    Thanks Barry, much appreciated.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

  11. #6311
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    29

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Untitled by christilou1, on Flickr


    Untitled by christilou1, on Flickr


    Untitled by christilou1, on Flickr


    A7RII FE55/1.8 + Voigtlander 35mm 1.2 II
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

  12. #6312
    Senior Member Quentin_Bargate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Saffron Walden, UK
    Posts
    1,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    58

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Autumn at Green Farm, all with the A7RII and 90mm G OSS Macro F/2.8









    Quentin Bargate
    Co-Founder of Ajuve, Director of Bargate Murray, Law Firm of the Year 2012 - 2016, Photographer
    Likes 21 Member(s) liked this post

  13. #6313
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    12,724
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    40

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    There was a bike show/contest in the city. All I had was my UV cam (Sony A7 based) and a monochrome cam (NEX-5N debayered).

    These are Ultraviolet captures!

    Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

    another

    Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
    Hacked Sony A7, Ultraviolet capture, Baader U 2" bandpass filter, ISO3200, 1/500s, The Hague
    Likes 15 Member(s) liked this post

  14. #6314
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Peeling mural on an old southside neighborhood market. A7RII+Contax G 35/2 Planar.

    Last edited by scho; 20th September 2015 at 12:48.
    Carl
    Gallery
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

  15. #6315
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    The planet Uranus station on a walking tour of the solar system at 1/5,000,000,000 scale. A7RII+Contax G 35mm f/2 Planar

    Carl
    Gallery
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

  16. #6316
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Marin County, CA
    Posts
    593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Quote Originally Posted by chiquita View Post

    Untitled by christilou1, on Flickr


    A7RII FE55/1.8 + Voigtlander 35mm 1.2 II
    Is that a Norwich Terrier?
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  17. #6317
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Carl,
    I too have a set of Contax G2 lenses from an old film kit which have languished for several years in the closet since acquiring an M9. They may yet be put back in service if an A7rii makes its way into my life. May I ask what adapter you used. I understand the the adapters do not facilitate auto-focus on non-native lenses (except perhaps for some Canon). How did you find the manual focusing with the various focusing assists? And did you find that the metering communication was accurate between lens and camera? And any softness on the edges with the 35mm - a phenomenon that the Kolari conversion is designed to address.
    Obliged,
    David

  18. #6318
    Senior Member Barry Haines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    1,510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Likes 20 Member(s) liked this post

  19. #6319
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Quote Originally Posted by Deliberate1 View Post
    Carl,
    I too have a set of Contax G2 lenses from an old film kit which have languished for several years in the closet since acquiring an M9. They may yet be put back in service if an A7rii makes its way into my life. May I ask what adapter you used. I understand the the adapters do not facilitate auto-focus on non-native lenses (except perhaps for some Canon). How did you find the manual focusing with the various focusing assists? And did you find that the metering communication was accurate between lens and camera? And any softness on the edges with the 35mm - a phenomenon that the Kolari conversion is designed to address.
    Obliged,
    David
    David,

    I am using the 35, 45, and 90 mm Contax G lenses with the A7R and A7RII via the TechArt III Contax G to Sony E AF adapter. I also have 21 and 28mm Contax G lenses but they do not perform well on mirrorless cameras (edge smearing and soft corners). The auto focus performance is getting better and now employs Phase Detect AF with the A7RII. Manual focus is very good with the TechArt adapter also. Image quality with the two planars and the sonnar is excellent across the frame with no smearing or corner softness. The wide angle biogons do not do as well at the edges. See also Chad's blog article on the TechArt adapter and the Contax G lenses I also have a set of Contax G lenses that were converted to M mount that I used with a Leica M9.
    Carl
    Gallery

  20. #6320
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    29

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Quote Originally Posted by dandrewk View Post
    Is that a Norwich Terrier?
    No, he's a Jack Russell crossbreed. Not really sure as he's a rescue dog

  21. #6321
    Senior Member W.Utsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    880
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    " The First Leaves Are Falling "




    First Leave Fallen by Werner Utsch, on Flickr
    Likes 18 Member(s) liked this post

  22. #6322
    Senior Member Barry Haines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    1,510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Taken this evening, a return visit with the A7RII to this ancient Iron Age Hillfort of “Castle-an-Dinas”...This time you can see clearer the burial mounds in the enlargement.
    It dates from around the 3rd to 2nd century BCE and consists of three ditch and rampart concentric rings, 850 feet (260 m) above sea level (Tone mapped)



    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Likes 25 Member(s) liked this post

  23. #6323
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Michiel Schierbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam/Normandy
    Posts
    3,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    762

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Wonderfull image Barry! Those colours!

    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 21 Member(s) liked this post

  24. #6324
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    12,724
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    40

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    In addition to the colors, it is the top left cloud that seems to make the image. Very nice.
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

  25. #6325
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Trying some old Mamiya 645 lenses on the A7R-FS. This is from an 8 shot stitch using the Mamiya 55mm f/2.8-N at f/16, no filter, on a flat stitching plate.

    Carl
    Gallery
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

  26. #6326
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Houston and Keystone, Colorado
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Just returned from a drive over to southern Utah...Capitol Reef National park area. Took only my A7RII with Zeiss Batis 25mm, Zeiss 35mm 1.4, and Zeiss Otus 55 1.4 with adaptor. Hand held every shot expect in one instance I needed a timed photograph to get into the shot myself. Otherwise the sensor stabilizer worked wonders. Eleanor

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]
    Eleanor Brown
    http://www.eleanorbrown.com
    Likes 17 Member(s) liked this post

  27. #6327
    Senior Member sjg284's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    810
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Some more Miami.. after dark

    All A7rII & FE35/2.8









    - - - Updated - - -

    Also a link to some video shot with A7rII & FE35/2.8, if anyone is so inclined to check it out ..

    https://vimeo.com/139890946

    Beach sunrise time-lapse type stuff, thanks!
    blog
    steve
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

  28. #6328
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,242
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Bart ...
    Likes 19 Member(s) liked this post

  29. #6329
    Senior Member W.Utsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    880
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    " From The Wine Walk "




    Staatsweingut Hessische Bergstraße by Werner Utsch, on Flickr
    Likes 23 Member(s) liked this post

  30. #6330
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Michiel Schierbeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam/Normandy
    Posts
    3,914
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    762

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Crumbling restaurant


    Likes 16 Member(s) liked this post

  31. #6331
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,242
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Aliens ...
    Bart ...
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

  32. #6332
    Senior Member biglouis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,940
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Just a couple more from my early morning wanderings with the A7R and FE2/28



    -----
    My new book "Whitechapel in 50 BUildings", Flikr Stream, www.louisberk.com
    Likes 16 Member(s) liked this post

  33. #6333
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    A few at the lake with the Contax G 35mm f/2 Planar on the A7RII.

    Yellow warning signs around lake cautioning people not to drink or bathe in the lake after treatments with herbicides to kill invasive aquatic plants (Hydrilla).


    The old hanging willow view spot.


    Sumac and woodbine starting to show some fall color.
    Last edited by scho; 24th September 2015 at 14:16.
    Carl
    Gallery
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

  34. #6334
    Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1253

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    kids...
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

  35. #6335
    Senior Member W.Utsch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    880
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    " Sunset And Wine "




    Sunset And Wine by Werner Utsch, on Flickr
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

  36. #6336
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    923
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Shot today with a a7rII and a new FE 55mm and PP in my good old Aperture software ....... man it nice to be able to use this software again.



    Plus I really like that 55mm.....
    Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

  37. #6337
    Senior Member Barry Haines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    1,510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Apologies Michiel and Vivek for not thanking you earlier.
    ________________________________________________

    My 90mm FE Macro turned up late this evening ...Snapped a few shots off before the sun went down...What a wonderful lens!
    It was all the great images shown here previously that talked me into getting this fantastic lens...Thank you one and all...Cheers Barry



    Last edited by Barry Haines; 25th September 2015 at 12:47.
    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Likes 13 Member(s) liked this post

  38. #6338
    Senior Member frozenbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Hi Barry, great work lately, as always.

    I'm curious, have you formed any initial impressions on the A7RII that you feel like sharing? I know you're just beginning to put it through its paces, but I would love to know what you think about the new body so far. Cheers.
    Tom
    Flickr Photostream
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  39. #6339
    Senior Member Joe Colson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    36

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Haines View Post
    My 90mm FE Macro turned up late this evening ...Snapped a few shots off before the sun went down...What a wonderful lens!
    It was all the great images shown here previously that talked me into getting this fantastic lens...Thank you one and all...Cheers Barry

    Barry, the FE 90mm Macro is an irresistible lens. It will be difficult to pry it from your new a7RII.

    The photo of the cat is the only cat photo I'd compliment. I like it. The photo, not the cat.

    Joe
    _________________________________
    Joe Colson Photography
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

  40. #6340
    Senior Member Barry Haines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    1,510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Quote Originally Posted by frozenbb View Post
    Hi Barry, great work lately, as always.

    I'm curious, have you formed any initial impressions on the A7RII that you feel like sharing? I know you're just beginning to put it through its paces, but I would love to know what you think about the new body so far. Cheers.
    Hi Tom, to be honest it's still pretty early days, I'm probably not the best person to ask here as I have been sorting out family affairs just at the moment...not spent as much time as I would have liked with it It’s a great camera as others have said before so no point repeating all the plus points all over again.
    Having used the A7R previously "ALOT"...my first initial impressions was of the extra weight and the newer style grip...It takes a little getting used to but I'm sure I will.
    The grip like the A7II protrudes further outwards and cuts off the space between a fatter lens (Aka 35mm Distagon) and the body...I have rather largish fingers and this is probably my only real gripe at the moment...The menu I think would be pretty daunting to a beginner (which you are obviously not ) but I had to take time out to familiarize myself with all the changes and extra new features.
    The output files are a delight...much cleaner than the A7R IMHO at base ISO...I think DXOMark said the A7R had a greater dynamic range but they look about the same to me. The AF is now much faster and so are the FPS but the buffer fills pretty quickly as I normally take a raw and a jpg anyway...I have noticed the body becoming warmish (but not hot) in my hand. I tested the IBIS out and although I can hold a camera in a vice like grip at slow shutter speeds, I found a higher percentage of IBIS images at half a second looking sharper than a non OSS lens on the A7R...O/A quick take it's a decent upgrade but It's still pretty pricey with one or two places knocking a bit off the price...I got mine from Panamoz (HK) which was cheaper than anywhere else in the UK £2230 by about £370 (+ it arrived in 3 days with a 3 year warranty....In stock at the moment)
    http://panamoz.com/index.php/digital...-only-pal.html
    Hope that helps...Cheers Barry

    _________________________________
    PS. Thanks Joe
    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  41. #6341
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    588
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)


    Language by Viramati, on Flickr

  42. #6342
    Senior Member frozenbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Haines View Post
    Hi Tom, to be honest it's still pretty early days, I'm probably not the best person to ask here as I have been sorting out family affairs just at the moment...not spent as much time as I would have liked with it It’s a great camera as others have said before so no point repeating all the plus points all over again.
    Having used the A7R previously "ALOT"...my first initial impressions was of the extra weight and the newer style grip...It takes a little getting used to but I'm sure I will.
    The grip like the A7II protrudes further outwards and cuts off the space between a fatter lens (Aka 35mm Distagon) and the body...I have rather largish fingers and this is probably my only real gripe at the moment...The menu I think would be pretty daunting to a beginner (which you are obviously not ) but I had to take time out to familiarize myself with all the changes and extra new features.
    The output files are a delight...much cleaner than the A7R IMHO at base ISO...I think DXOMark said the A7R had a greater dynamic range but they look about the same to me. The AF is now much faster and so are the FPS but the buffer fills pretty quickly as I normally take a raw and a jpg anyway...I have noticed the body becoming warmish (but not hot) in my hand. I tested the IBIS out and although I can hold a camera in a vice like grip at slow shutter speeds, I found a higher percentage of IBIS images at half a second looking sharper than a non OSS lens on the A7R...O/A quick take it's a decent upgrade but It's still pretty pricey with one or two places knocking a bit off the price...I got mine from Panamoz (HK) which was cheaper than anywhere else in the UK £2230 by about £370 (+ it arrived in 3 days with a 3 year warranty....In stock at the moment)
    http://panamoz.com/index.php/digital...-only-pal.html
    Hope that helps...Cheers Barry

    _________________________________
    PS. Thanks Joe
    Barry, thanks for the early thoughts! I've taken a look at some of the files and they do indeed look gorgeous - a definite improvement from the A7R at low ISOs. Honestly the size and new grip are what's putting me off from placing an order right now (not to mention the price)! I've used the A7II a few times, and for whatever reason my hand didn't like the new grip styling. Having said that, I do like the new shutter release and placement. There are always trade-offs, I suppose, and I'm sure I would adapt in time. I imagine IBIS grows addicting.

    I keep hoping they stick one of these beastly FF sensors in an a6000 or NEX-7 form factor, without IBIS but with a silent shutter. However, given the market they're trying to cater to, it probably won't happen!
    Tom
    Flickr Photostream
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  43. #6343
    Senior Member biglouis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,940
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Quote Originally Posted by frozenbb View Post
    Honestly the size and new grip are what's putting me off from placing an order right now (not to mention the price)! I've used the A7II a few times, and for whatever reason my hand didn't like the new grip styling.
    Thank goodness, I thought it was only me. I went and handled an A7II again yesterday and came away with the same feeling again. This has transformed a small form factor camera into something much bigger. I actually find I have to stretch my hand in exactly the way I find for larger DSLR bodies, which really puts me off. I guess I'll be staying with the A7R and A7S for the time being.

    I'll give it another go next time I am passing a shop that actually lets you handle the gear but this experience has meant I am in no hurry to trade up.

    LouisB
    -----
    My new book "Whitechapel in 50 BUildings", Flikr Stream, www.louisberk.com
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  44. #6344
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Houston and Keystone, Colorado
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Couple more with A7RII and Zeiss lenses. One of boulders with Batis 25mm and Tree with some abstract blurring with Otus 55. Finally after 5 months on order, my Batis 85mm will be delivered on Monday. Am enjoying seeing with others are getting with this camera also and thanks for posting! Eleanor

    [IMG][/IMG]

    [IMG][/IMG]
    Eleanor Brown
    http://www.eleanorbrown.com
    Likes 13 Member(s) liked this post

  45. #6345
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    12,724
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    40

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Tom, Louis: Add one more. If I wanted large camera gear, I would rather choose a Canon or a Nikon and need not worry about lossy files as well.

    Realistically, I expect a compact A6000 camera that will hopefully deliver a BSI sensor with a high quality output. Until then, I will pass the current A7 series cams altogether (along with the humongous lenses).

    Barry, Thanks for the info on the price.
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  46. #6346
    Senior Member Barry Haines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    1,510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Quote Originally Posted by frozenbb View Post
    Barry, thanks for the early thoughts! I've taken a look at some of the files and they do indeed look gorgeous - a definite improvement from the A7R at low ISOs. Honestly the size and new grip are what's putting me off from placing an order right now (not to mention the price)! I've used the A7II a few times, and for whatever reason my hand didn't like the new grip styling. Having said that, I do like the new shutter release and placement. There are always trade-offs, I suppose, and I'm sure I would adapt in time. I imagine IBIS grows addicting.

    I keep hoping they stick one of these beastly FF sensors in an a6000 or NEX-7 form factor, without IBIS but with a silent shutter. However, given the market they're trying to cater to, it probably won't happen!
    OT.
    Hi Tom, I hear what you are saying and and fully agree, I never really liked the weight/size jump difference from APS-C (Nex) to FF A7 series cameras or the styling for that matter of the A7 series...I still prefer a flush EVF/viewfinder on the left hand side of the camera and not the central viewfinder hump/lump that we have currently (Note to Sony...Cameras fit and slide in and out of camera bags much easier without the hump/lump ), likewise I was also hoping that Sony would do just what you have described earlier and that's fit a FF sensor in a small Nex type body but I just can't see that happening now!...I think the balance of the current heavier FE lens range would just not work so well on the smaller lighter Nex style bodies...The lenses would just end up being to front heavy
    The larger grip I feel is more reassuring that you won't drop the camera accidentally but it's shape just doesn't suit my hand as well as I was hoping it would Hopefuly I will become accustomed to it

    Re: IBIS. I think we will just end taking that extra 2 stops of latitude for granted as we do so much modern technology
    ______________________________
    Vivek the pricing is now starting to drop here and there
    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

  47. #6347
    Senior Member frozenbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Haines View Post
    OT.
    Hi Tom, I hear what you are saying and and fully agree, I never really liked the weight/size jump difference from APS-C (Nex) to FF A7 series cameras or the styling for that matter of the A7 series...I still prefer a flush EVF/viewfinder on the left hand side of the camera and not the central viewfinder hump/lump that we have currently (Note to Sony...Cameras fit and slide in and out of camera bags much easier without the hump/lump ), likewise I was also hoping that Sony would do just what you have described earlier and that's fit a FF sensor in a small Nex type body but I just can't see that happening now!...I think the balance of the current heavier FE lens range would just not work so well on the smaller lighter Nex style bodies...The lenses would just end up being to front heavy
    The larger grip I feel is more reassuring that you won't drop the camera accidentally but it's shape just doesn't suit my hand as well as I was hoping it would Hopefuly I will become accustomed to it

    Re: IBIS. I think we will just end taking that extra 2 stops of latitude for granted as we do so much modern technology
    ______________________________
    Vivek the pricing is now starting to drop here and there
    The viewfinder on the left design worked much better for me as well, though I suppose left eye dominant sorts wouldn't find it as comfortable. Personally, I found the nex series easier to hold steady than the center-viewfinder a7 type.

    You and Vivek are right about the current crop of e-mount lenses being mostly ill-suited to a compact ff body. But Sony/Zeiss are more than capable of building smallish primes of top quality. I would settle for a 28/2.8, 45/2.8, 85/2.8 combination for my portable kit! Sony's 28/2 and 35/2.8 are quite good (assuming you can find decent samples), and proof that their engineers are capable of excellent, compact designs. Do I see this happening? Nope. But one can hope, right?
    Tom
    Flickr Photostream
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

  48. #6348
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Knorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,242
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    C'mon guys, let's stop complaining and live up to this thread's title ...
    Bart ...
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

  49. #6349
    Senior Member Barry Haines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    1,510
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    C'mon guys, let's stop complaining and live up to this thread's title ...
    Bart...you spoilsport
    I never complain
    I was having FUN moaning with Tom

    Edit...Thank you Annna (below)...Another shot with the 90mm FE macro to keep us back on track










    I love the way the Sony 90mm FE macro can isolate and resolve very fine detail when shot WO - Best seen in the “Enlargement” (Handheld).



    Last edited by Barry Haines; 26th September 2015 at 05:32.
    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

  50. #6350
    Senior Member Annna T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Swiss Alps
    Posts
    1,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3

    Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

    Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post
    C'mon guys, let's stop complaining and live up to this thread's title ...
    But this discussion is interesting ! I'm standing with Louis, Barry, Tom and Vivek. I never had a Sony APSC mirrorless, but the A7r shape, size and weight is perfect for my hands, the grip just what it should be. I too hold the A7r2 in a brick and mortar shop and found that the weight difference was very perceptible, that the grip was putting me back in DSLR territory (have a Canon 6d weighting 770 gr. only).

    Well I remember when the first A7 series were issued and so many complained that the bodies were too small. Once I dared state that I wouldn't like to return to bigger bodies and would like to keep this mirrorless advantage, I was told that then I wasn't using the right camera and that I should return to bodies with smaller sensors. I found that a little condescending.

    I too would like to get an A7rbis with the BSI sensor and silent shutter or EFC.
    IBIS of course a plus, but could live without it in order to keep the smaller size. No need of 4k video : heat dissipation seems to be one of the reasons justifying the bigger bodies.
    Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •