Site Sponsors
Page 157 of 197 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,850 of 9832

Thread: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Some from the carnival in Guarda, Sony 35 2.8 and Batis 85mm

Sony A7RII | Zeiss Batis 25 F2 | Zeiss Batis 85 F1.8 | Sony FE35 F2.8 | Sony FE55 F1.8 | Sony FE90 F2.8 | Sony FE16-35 F4 | Sony FE24-70 F4 | Sony FE70-200 F4
    Likes 20 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The crowd started to congregate outside the pool. As it was still very dark in the early morning, as a tradition people lit up candles. A7R2 w/FE55

With the daylight and after the water was blessed by the priests, the crowd started to jump into the pool to celebrate Timkat. A7r2 w/70-400G

www.nns555.zenfolio.com

Likes 20 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dam they are expensive in Canada, sure would like the 24-70 and 85
    Sony A7RII
    Sony 16-35 f/4, Sony 55mm f/1.8, Sony 70-200 f/4, Sony 24-75 f/2.8, Zeiss Batis 85mm

Post Thanks / Like

A7R MII, 28mm f/2, ISO400, 1/250sec.
    the HepKitty
    Likes 15 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lucille, Just curious.... what PP software's are you using for you vehicle pic's generally. Not the specifically the one above but many have a semi HDR look that really add's some punch to especially to your night vehicle shots. I was just curious...

Post Thanks / Like

Osaka Aquarium

Name:  _DSC4302.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  497.0 KB
    Keep It Simple.
    XQ2 / A7r / 15mm / 25mm / 28-35-50mm
    EOS M3 / 18-35mm
    Likes 16 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Returned back over to Dartmoor today after “Storm Imogen” had done it’s worst!
    A7RII + 21mm Loxia

Last edited by Barry Haines; 10th February 2016 at 15:44.
    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Likes 22 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Today I continued the experiments to digitalise older films. The use of a plexiglass frame with magnet allows flatter negs and sharper results. Alas, exactly as I feared, they produce Newton's rings which can be hard to take away. Also I tried to avoid the step in PS and just inversed the curve in LR. It seems that I was getting better colors when doing the conversion in PS. Another inconvenient of the plexiglass frame is that it is attracting dust like mad and multiplying the need to use the spot removal tool. So I don't think that these acrylic glasses will remain in the workflow. Too bad : they were really adding to the sharpness.

Those shots were taken in Tenerife back in 2000 and "scanned" with the A7rm2 and the FE 90mm macro.

Tenerife 2000_01C04_14a7r2i
    by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

and a picture exhibiting the dreadful Newton's rings (they can be corrected when they appear in the sky and there aren't too many of them, but not in this case.

Tenerife with Newton's rings 2000_01C04_04a7r2i
    by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A7rII and the unnecessarily elusive Batis 25/2

DSC02433 by Steve, on Flickr

thanks
    blog
    steve
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

End of the road, time to put my boots on and start heading outwards across the Moor.

This is one the most dangerous areas on Dartmoor that I’m trying to get to...Not exactly the most sensible thing to do after all the heavy rain that we have had of late!

Deep water warning signs are everywhere!

The Whiteworks old Tin mine is slowly sinking into the bog!

Finally I arrive at my destination after a very awkward but short distance walk. It’s like a maze trying to get here with all the rain, it’s hard to map out a safe route.
    This is as far as I will go...as I feel the ground beneath my feet wanting to suck me in if I keep still to long!
    This is the Notorious Fox Tor Mire...Sir Arthur Conan Doyle called it the Grimpen Mire in his book “The Hound of the Baskervilles”
    It may look harmless enough but it has swallowed many a man and beast, never to be seen again!

Dartmoor Days - Edward William Lewis Davis – 1863
    "The hunter homeward speeds in haste,
    Ere fogs o'ertake him on the waste;
    And if to Foxtor mires he roam,
    He'll bid a long adieu to home;
    A dreary shroud is o'er his head,
    A yawning swamp around him spread;
    Spell-bound and lost he ventures on
    One fatal step - and all is done;
    Hopeless he struggles, vain his throes,
    Deeper and deeper down he goes !
    The raven claps her ebon wing,
    His dirge the howling winds may sing,
    And mists will spread the last sad pall
    O'er that dark grave unknown to all".

Amusing but oh so true... http://www.legendarydartmoor.co.uk/bogs_moor.htm
    “The other downside of getting 'stogged', especially in company, is the embarrassment it causes. At this point I will take you through the bewildering array of emotions one feels as you slowly sink into the very bowels of Dartmoor. Firstly there is surprise as the ground seems to simply open up and slowly begins to drag you down. Then comes fear as you wonder exactly how far you are going to sink. This is followed by relief as you detect firm ground under your feet and then realise that you have hit 'rock bottom', (I can't describe how you would feel if you didn't hit firm ground but I would imagine panic would be a good descriptive as the ooze begins to cover your airways). Then comes the worst bit - the embarrassment which comes in two forms. The easiest to cope with is if you are alone and after checking around see that nobody has seen your predicament. In this situation you can flounder around like a beached whale, swear as much as you want and basically revel in your own stupidity. If however you are in company or have been observed from afar then I am sorry you are going to feel a complete arse. As you wallow in the bog or mire you will notice that any spectators firstly look concerned and then they will try to hide their amusement. This tends to be for a short, polite period which is followed by overt mirth and is accompanied by howls of laughter and gesticulations. It is also noticeable how your bosom buddies will not offer a helping hand to extract you for fear of becoming just as filthy. They will however kindly proffer walking sticks, dog leads and the like. Forget trying to retain any dignity as you try to extract yourself from the quagmire, it is impossible to daintily heave yourself out of the thick, oozing mass of peat and stinking vegetation with any kind of decorum. The final and lasting emotion is one of repulsion because for the remainder of the day you will be walking along, probably soaking wet, with an nostril twitching stench clinging to your person like a straight jacket and, "you can wash in water, you can wash in soda, but you'll never get rid of that awful odour." Oh, there may well be one last emotion - anger. This usually depends on to what depths you sunk, because if it was waist-deep then a time will come when you reach for your wallet and discover that the wad of crisp £20 notes you earlier withdrew from the cashpoint has re-cycled itself into a mushy pulp in which a myriad of pond life has taken up residence.”

I hope you enjoyed the journey
    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim DE View Post
    Lucille, Just curious.... what PP software's are you using for you vehicle pic's generally. Not the specifically the one above but many have a semi HDR look that really add's some punch to especially to your night vehicle shots. I was just curious...

I have a very simple process. I mainly shoot jpeg. I only deal with raws when I am doing paid work. I tend to underexpose then add brightness both local and global in photoshop. I believe this style gives pop and adds depth and creates richer colors, I also add contrast, I like me some contrast. I spend about 3 - 5 minutes in post per shot.

I shoot in full manual, and tend to shoot wideopen.

A7R MII, 28mm f/2, ISO1250, 1/40sec.
    Last edited by Lucille; 11th February 2016 at 06:51.
    the HepKitty
    Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Haines View Post
    End of the road, time to put my boots on and start heading outwards across the Moor.

This is one the most dangerous areas on Dartmoor that I’m trying to get to...Not exactly the most sensible thing to do after all the heavy rain that we have had of late!

Deep water warning signs are everywhere!

The Whiteworks old Tin mine is slowly sinking into the bog!

Finally I arrive at my destination after a very awkward but short distance walk. It’s like a maze trying to get here with all the rain, it’s hard to map out a safe route.
    This is as far as I will go...as I feel the ground beneath my feet wanting to suck me in if I keep still to long!
    This is the Notorious Fox Tor Mire...Sir Arthur Conan Doyle called it the Grimpen Mire in his book “The Hound of the Baskervilles”
    It may look harmless enough but it has swallowed many a man and beast, never to be seen again!

Dartmoor Days - Edward William Lewis Davis – 1863
    "The hunter homeward speeds in haste,
    Ere fogs o'ertake him on the waste;
    And if to Foxtor mires he roam,
    He'll bid a long adieu to home;
    A dreary shroud is o'er his head,
    A yawning swamp around him spread;
    Spell-bound and lost he ventures on
    One fatal step - and all is done;
    Hopeless he struggles, vain his throes,
    Deeper and deeper down he goes !
    The raven claps her ebon wing,
    His dirge the howling winds may sing,
    And mists will spread the last sad pall
    O'er that dark grave unknown to all".

Amusing but oh so true... http://www.legendarydartmoor.co.uk/bogs_moor.htm
    “The other downside of getting 'stogged', especially in company, is the embarrassment it causes. At this point I will take you through the bewildering array of emotions one feels as you slowly sink into the very bowels of Dartmoor. Firstly there is surprise as the ground seems to simply open up and slowly begins to drag you down. Then comes fear as you wonder exactly how far you are going to sink. This is followed by relief as you detect firm ground under your feet and then realise that you have hit 'rock bottom', (I can't describe how you would feel if you didn't hit firm ground but I would imagine panic would be a good descriptive as the ooze begins to cover your airways). Then comes the worst bit - the embarrassment which comes in two forms. The easiest to cope with is if you are alone and after checking around see that nobody has seen your predicament. In this situation you can flounder around like a beached whale, swear as much as you want and basically revel in your own stupidity. If however you are in company or have been observed from afar then I am sorry you are going to feel a complete arse. As you wallow in the bog or mire you will notice that any spectators firstly look concerned and then they will try to hide their amusement. This tends to be for a short, polite period which is followed by overt mirth and is accompanied by howls of laughter and gesticulations. It is also noticeable how your bosom buddies will not offer a helping hand to extract you for fear of becoming just as filthy. They will however kindly proffer walking sticks, dog leads and the like. Forget trying to retain any dignity as you try to extract yourself from the quagmire, it is impossible to daintily heave yourself out of the thick, oozing mass of peat and stinking vegetation with any kind of decorum. The final and lasting emotion is one of repulsion because for the remainder of the day you will be walking along, probably soaking wet, with an nostril twitching stench clinging to your person like a straight jacket and, "you can wash in water, you can wash in soda, but you'll never get rid of that awful odour." Oh, there may well be one last emotion - anger. This usually depends on to what depths you sunk, because if it was waist-deep then a time will come when you reach for your wallet and discover that the wad of crisp £20 notes you earlier withdrew from the cashpoint has re-cycled itself into a mushy pulp in which a myriad of pond life has taken up residence.”

I hope you enjoyed the journey

Fascinating Barry. Many thanks. I am glad you made it back.
    BTW, just curious. Did you go by yourself? TIA.
    With best regards, K-H.
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Moor . Great . Here an image from Werdensteiner Moor (Bavaria) shot last Monday .
    But . . . . . . sorry not shot with my Sony A7II but with LEICA Q . I hope you don't mind .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Q.@.MOOR.030-Kopie.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	374.0 KB 
ID:	116438
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Likes 17 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just thanking you again Jim for everything the other day As in our PM's backwards and forth.

Nice images Jürgen and Lucille

Thanks Karl, I went out with a dozen good friends but only I returned!...They were truly good friends as I managed to use their heads like stepping stones to get back in the dark

Seriously, after "Storm Imogen" the area was completely flooded, the mire itself was indeed a pretty deadly place just to get to but I found some firm ground leading through the old abandoned "Whiteworks Tin Mine"...I went with my good wife who of her own free volition also wanted to see the mire, we took a lot of time picking out a safe route....I have in the past got stuck in one of these peat bogs right up to my waist (not a pleasant experience) and the earlier desciption is spot on!

Here is another tale which has attached itself to various mire on Dartmoor, one of them being Fox Tor: "A young man was traipsing home across the moor when he came to a livid green 'feather bed' and to his astonishment, there in the middle of it was a splendid top hat. Obviously some 'gent' had dropped it whilst trying to extricate himself from the mire. Never one to pass an open gate the lad delicately picked his way into the feather bed and picked up the hat. As he lifted it out of the quagmire his heart leapt into his mouth for there under the hat was a human head. The 'stogged' gent smiled and formally introduced himself in a posh city accent. The moorman immediately started to heave the man out of the bog but pull as he might he could not budge him. Again the gent smiled and explained that if the lad would wait a moment he would try to take his feet out of the stirrups of his horse that he was sat on" Dartmoor's Notorious Fox Tor Mires

Last edited by Barry Haines; 11th February 2016 at 03:43.
    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 19 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Great stories Barry featuring great pictures, as always. Personnally, I like the color pictures in particular, because I want to see the green and yellow mix of the vegetation. I think that colors makes the danger more palpable / tangible.
    Last edited by Annna T; 11th February 2016 at 07:46.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Children playing on Lake Abaya, Southern Ethiopia. A7r2 w/70-400G

www.nns555.zenfolio.com

Likes 19 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nsng : what a great scenery you caught and the light is perfect. The first and third are my favorites of the lot.
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The day started out with a weather forecast for overcast skies. This is a quick grab from my back deck. The crack meteorology folks here in Maine need more training, I think.

www.douglaswoodphotography.com
    Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

'nice hat' - a7rII / FE 55

www.douglaswoodphotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Annna T View Post
    Nsng : what a great scenery you caught and the light is perfect. The first and third are my favorites of the lot.
    Thanks Anna. I was in the south to visit different tribal villages. This lake is close to Arba Minch where I stayed for a couple of nights. We were driving around the lake to look for interesting viewpoints. I saw this group of children playing on the lake, got out of the car and changed to the 70-400G. This was in the early evening, with sunlight reflected from the water resulting in mostly silhouette type images. I did some shadow recovery in the last image, but the original image has the silhouette rendering as well.
    www.nns555.zenfolio.com

Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Annna ^^^

Whiteworks Tin mine...21mm Loxia

Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Likes 18 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines

Post Thanks / Like

Some stunning images on this page everyone - excellent work all around!

Here's one on short notice. It didn't turn out quite the way I was hoping, but perhaps it will serve to mark the day and achievement!

Ripples in the fabric.

Tom
    Flickr Photostream
    Likes 25 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sony A7rII & Batis 25/2

DSC02447 by Steve, on Flickr

DSC02441 by Steve, on Flickr
    blog
    steve

Post Thanks / Like

A7S, 28mm f/2, ISO320, 1/250sec.
    the HepKitty
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

" Suspension Bridge "

Loxia 21

Suspension Bridge by Werner Utsch, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by W.Utsch View Post
    " Suspension Bridge "

Loxia 21

Suspension Bridge by Werner Utsch, on Flickr

Werner:

I think your composition demonstrates the strength of the true wide angle lens and where to use it. Excellent. I am very interested in the Loxia 21mm (and some of the Voigtlander ultras coming out soon). Would you be willing to critique the 21mm? i'm interested in the overall character but also any technical weaknesses you may have found.

Thanks
    Regards,
    John
    Sony fanboy, shamelessly shilling for "the man" since 2010.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi John,
    thank's for you remarks.

Regarding the Loxia 21 i can't give a final verdict because the lens is quite new for me and i need a little more shooting with it.

So far i am very impressed overall, the size, it's very small, is beautiful as it is the build quality.

The lens has a seal at the mount and to mount it to the cam you need quite some force, holding the lens close to the mount while mounting is not the way to go because focus ring and aperture ring are very close nearby.
    You can easily change the aperture ring while focusing.
    My first impressions about the optics are very good (looks very sharp to the extremes) as well but as said i need more time and different situations with it (finding out about field curvature etc...).
    I was using the Distagon ZE 2.8/21 with Metabones adaptor before, this combination is fantastic but way to heavy and very big. I expect the Loxia to be as good but much more handy. The lens is expensive.
    I hope that helped a little bit...

Cheers
    werner
    Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by W.Utsch View Post
    Hi John,
    thank's for you remarks.

Regarding the Loxia 21 i can't give a final verdict because the lens is quite new for me and i need a little more shooting with it.

So far i am very impressed overall, the size, it's very small, is beautiful as it is the build quality.

The lens has a seal at the mount and to mount it to the cam you need quite some force, holding the lens close to the mount while mounting is not the way to go because focus ring and aperture ring are very close nearby.
    You can easily change the aperture ring while focusing.
    My first impressions about the optics are very good (looks very sharp to the extremes) as well but as said i need more time and different situations with it (finding out about field curvature etc...).
    I was using the Distagon ZE 2.8/21 with Metabones adaptor before, this combination is fantastic but way to heavy and very big. I expect the Loxia to be as good but much more handy. The lens is expensive.
    I hope that helped a little bit...

Cheers
    werner
    Thanks Werner. Yes that was quite helpful. I tried out the Loxia 50mm so I have experience with the tight o-ring fit and the lack of area to grip while twisting it on and off. But I'm happy to hear that so far it seems fairly sharp on the corners. I'll check back with you in a few months to see what you think then. A good 21mm landscape lens is something I've been interested in for a good while.
    Regards,
    John

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jfirneno View Post
    Werner:

I think your composition demonstrates the strength of the true wide angle lens and where to use it. Excellent. I am very interested in the Loxia 21mm (and some of the Voigtlander ultras coming out soon). Would you be willing to critique the 21mm? i'm interested in the overall character but also any technical weaknesses you may have found.

Thanks
    Hi John, I know that question was aimed at Werner but I did write you out a Loxia 21mm Pro's and Con's list on the other thread when you asked the question over there...hoping that it would be of some help to you (not sure if you saw it or not)...Cheers Barry
    Fun with the 21mm Loxia

Taken a couple of hours ago (BLENCOMO)
    Please click on “Enlargement” below....Many thanks Barry

Last edited by Barry Haines; 12th February 2016 at 12:16.
    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

It has been snowing here too, and for the whole afternoon. Second snow of this mild winter, but this time it looks more serious.

From my window

Snow Storm 20160212_039-2a7r2i
    by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

From my window

Snow Storm 20160212_008-2a7r2i
    by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Still from my window

Snow Storm 20160212_023-2a7r2i
    by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr
    Last edited by Annna T; 12th February 2016 at 14:32.

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Always like to see your local pics Annna, and thanks to all the posters in this thread for great quality stuff

Post Thanks / Like

A7R + FE 55/1.8; 8 images stitched in portrait orientation.

This is an older one, shot in December of 2014 with the original A7R. Montreal from the top of Mount Royal. I screwed up the nodal point, it was freezing that day and I was working in a rush, so the panorama bows unnaturally. Still getting the hang of stitch panoramas.

Sharif
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Montreal Panorama B&W.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	540.2 KB 
ID:	116479  
    Likes 13 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines

Post Thanks / Like

Hi John, I know that question was aimed at Werner but I did write you out a Loxia 21mm Pro's and Con's list on the other thread when you asked the question over there...hoping that it would be of some help to you (not sure if you saw it or not)...Cheers Barry
    Fun with the 21mm Loxia

Hi Barry:

No I didn't see it. I had stopped going back to the thread and didn't get any notification.

Very interesting. So the corners are very sharp. Excellent.

Thanks for the report.
    Regards,
    John

Post Thanks / Like

My twin turbo GTO, in the darkness of night.

A7S, 28mm f/2, ISO400, 1/250sec.
    the HepKitty

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Taken a couple of hours ago (BLENCOMO)
    Please click on “Enlargement” below....Many thanks Barry

Barry, shouldn't Doc Martin and Louisa be in there somewhere?

You're really rockin' the Loxia 21mm. Well done.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Colson View Post
    Barry, shouldn't Doc Martin and Louisa be in there somewhere?

You're really rockin' the Loxia 21mm. Well done.

Joe
    Thanks Joe....21mm is a great lens...I'm thoroughly enjoying it at the moment.

The Doc was out for lunch (again with Louisa) I was doing a locum...have you need of assistance then?...I'm great at putting bandages on cut fingers

Entering Plymouth Harbour...21mm Loxia A7RII WO 1/8 sec ISO320 Handheld

Last edited by Barry Haines; 13th February 2016 at 10:17.
    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Joe....21mm is a great lens...I'm thoroughly enjoying it at the moment.
    I was set on getting one too, renouncing to the Batis which still can't be found in stock here, while the Loxia is announced available in 2-3 weeks. But I'm a bit worried by your remark that the hyper focal is hard to find due to the very short course of the focusing ring between 2m and infinite.

Post Thanks / Like

I was set on getting one too, renouncing to the Batis which still can't be found in stock here, while the Loxia is announced available in 2-3 weeks. But I'm a bit worried by your remark that the hyper focal is hard to find due to the very short course of the focusing ring between 2m and infinite.
    Hi Annna...Just a bit of pre-testing is all that is required, it's not insurmountable just a little annoying, I wouldn't let that put you off getting one!
    Knowing what I know now...I would definitely buy one again "INSTANTLY" if I lost it!
    In other words it's a "LONGTIME" keeper for me...Hope that inspires you with confidence to B-I-N.
    Cheers Barry

Plymouth Harbour Lights...35mm Distagon A7RII WO 0.3sec ISO200 Handheld

Last edited by Barry Haines; 13th February 2016 at 10:39.
    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you all for the likes for the image in post #7813 .
    As the image was taken with the LEICA Q , i have posted some more
    "MOOR IMAGE PAINTINGS" in the "Fun with the Leica Q" thread . I hope you enjoy the images .
    Regards . Jürgen .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I spent the whole afternoon and evening photographing my negs. But nothing yet to show..

But here is a shot I took this autumn while strolling in the vineyards; that tree is very photogenic, but with the passing of years ist branches have grown and now hide the castles. This year I had to put Valère and Tourbillon on the left instead of on the right of the tree trunk.

Sion as seen from the "bisse" of Montorges _20151007_095i
    by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Chinese New Year celebrations in the Hague (all with A7s and Nikkor P.C. 10.5cm f/2.5).

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

It is the year of the monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

A7S + FE 35/2.8 connected by 2 cactus v5 to a Yongnuo 560iii in a softbox.

Craig Slingsby

Post Thanks / Like

Taken last Thursday at the Vancouver Aquarium, wide open.

Wisps.

Gelatinous.

Tom
    Flickr Photostream

Post Thanks / Like

A few tribal images from southern Ethiopia A7r2 w/FE55

www.nns555.zenfolio.com

Post Thanks / Like

Old Hornbeam in Thorndon Forest
    A7R + Leica WATE iso640 (Colour blended with Platinum toning)

Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Old Hornbeam in Thorndon Forest
    A7R + Leica WATE iso640 (Colour blended with Platinum toning
    Beautiful colors and tones. And great composition. What I like is that it isn't overdone and works very well with the subject.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

From my window this morning

a7r & FE 70-200mm

La Maya peaking out of the clouds 20160213_011-Modifiera7r2i
    by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr
    Last edited by Annna T; 14th February 2016 at 14:24.
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful colors and tones. And great composition. What I like is that it isn't overdone and works very well with the subject.
    Thank you Annna for your very kind comment That could equally be said of your picture.
    I like the subtleties in La Maya with the gentle clouds swirling around the base of the peak...Excellent
    Please don’t ever ask me to take a picture from ANY of my windows...I live in the Camel Valley which is lovely but unfortunately it’s filling up a bit to rapidly IMHO with new builds!

In desperate need of some TLC

Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines