Site Sponsors
Page 32 of 196 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,600 of 9800

Thread: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Silver Maple & Myrtle. Sony A7r + Hasselblad 80mm f/2.8 Planar + Rhinocam. Eight shots stitched in Autopano Pro 3. Original was about 160 MP before slight cropping.

Original

100% Screengrab Crop

Carl
    Gallery
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

| LEICA SUMMARON 1:2.8/35 |
    Bart ...
    Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have been hanging around all day waiting for the WATE to turn up!
    I was just about to give up when I had a knock at the door a couple of hours ago.
    I knew that the Fair was in Bodmin town so I snapped a couple of shots off quickly up there...This was the best shot of pretty poor bunch and needed quite a lot of PP.
    Cheers Barry

Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Barry, looks as though one kid doesn't respect your WATE.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Here are few from Contax G90 on A7r ...

I think it is a darn sharp lens...
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very funny Joe - And I see another kid not respecting yours...Touché :-)

Post Thanks / Like

A question for you Joe,
    I noticed that the WATE isn't totally devoid of colour shift, especially at the 16mm end as one would expect (certainly it's a lot better than my old CV15)...In the past I have used Cornerfix and templates etc...But I find it a drag.
    As you have had your WATE longer than me and your images are all nicely cleaned up.
    I expect that you are using some other method, probably LR5 (my LR is old 3.6 and I still like CS)...Any tips would be grateful...Cheers Barry

PS. Please don't say upgrade my LR3.6...I am looking for an alternative to LR and Cornerfix if possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Haines View Post
    A question for you Joe,
    I noticed that the WATE isn't totally devoid of colour shift, especially at the 16mm end as one would expect (certainly it's a lot better than my old CV15)...In the past I have used Cornerfix and templates etc...But I find it a drag.
    As you have had your WATE longer than me and your images are all nicely cleaned up.
    I expect that you are using some other method, probably LR5 (my LR is old 3.6 and I still like CS)...Any tips would be grateful...Cheers Barry

PS. Please don't say upgrade my LR3.6...I am looking for an alternative to LR and Cornerfix if possible.
    Barry, unfortunately I can't help much for a couple of reasons. First, I rarely use the WATE at 16mm, so I don't encounter the color/colour shift as much as someone who does. Second, I use the most recent version of LR (5.4) and the DNG Flat Field plugin for those occasions where I need to correct a color shift.

Those who use Capture One report that it does a fine job of color shift correction, with an LCC frame shot with the camera/lens/aperture/ISO combo being used for the scene. Hope this helps.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Colson View Post
    Barry, unfortunately I can't help much for a couple of reasons. First, I rarely use the WATE at 16mm, so I don't encounter the color/colour shift as much as someone who does. Second, I use the most recent version of LR (5.4) and the DNG Flat Field plugin for those occasions where I need to correct a color shift.

Those who use Capture One report that it does a fine job of color shift correction, with an LCC frame shot with the camera/lens/aperture/ISO combo being used for the scene. Hope this helps.

Joe
    Many thanks Joe most appreciated.
    I think I need to bite the bullet and just upgrade my LR and get to grips with it like everybody else...Or just shoot BW at the 16mm end where it shows up the most.
    Thanks again...Barry

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

An old bridge in Dieppe.

Likes 13 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Knorp View Post

| LEICA SUMMARON 1:2.8/35 |
    Bart, did this building collapse while renovating or is this part of the plan?
    Usually I see this building dayly but i am not in town at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I need to bite the bullet and just upgrade my LR and get to grips with it like everybody else...Or just shoot BW at the 16mm end where it shows up the most.
    Just my opinion, but you shouldn't let an older version of s/w (LR 3.6) stand in your way of producing the very best images that you can, or force you to work in way that's compromised. LR 5.4 is pretty darn good, and I'm sure you'd be up to speed in no time. I'd be willing to watch after your WATE while you learn LR 5.4, if that would help
    www.douglaswoodphotography.com
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Doug, you are absolutely correct LR3.6 is probably good enough for most things and certainly a good starting point for a novice like me (I really should take a look at it but I am so busy nowadays)...I could be entirely wrong on this but doesn't the DNG Flat Field Plugin only works with LR5+?
    The DFFP would be my main reason for upgrading my LR3.6 as I am entirely comfortable still using CS - I have so many filters, actions and scripts that get the job done quickly I would be loathed to say cheerio to them (as they are not compatible with LR).
    BTW - Thanks for the kind offer to look after my WATE while I am back to school again...You can look after my parents as well if you like? :-)
    Cheers Barry

Post Thanks / Like

Doug, you are absolutely correct LR3.6 is probably good enough for most things and certainly a good starting point for a novice like me (I really should take a look at it but I am so busy nowadays)...I could be entirely wrong on this but doesn't the DNG Flat Field Plugin only works with LR5+?
    The DFFP would be my main reason for upgrading my LR3.6 as I am entirely comfortable still using CS - I have so many filters, actions and scripts that get the job done quickly I would be loathed to say cheerio to them (as they are not compatible with LR).
    BTW - Thanks for the kind offer to look after my WATE while I am back to school again...You can look after my parents as well if you like? :-)
    Cheers Barry
    Hi Barry - not sure if LR 5 or greater is required for the DNG Flat Field plugin or not. Totally understand the apprehension about moving from a comfortable workflow to something a bit different. Regarding the WATE, I'd be happy to look after your parents, your friends, etc. Whatever is required
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Colson View Post

Joe
    Hi Barry,
    Congratulations on the WATE!!! I had no intention of purchasing the WATE either, as I had the 21 SEM with M240. But I have been amazed with the IQ of the WATE combined with the A7r and Novoflex adapter. My workflow combines the latest Lr 5.4, and to date I have had no issues with color shifts, comparable to the M240. I use all 16, 18 and 21 FL's, and I have not needed to compensate for color shifts. I still have the occasional color shifts even with the M240 with WA's.

Charles Kalnins
    Tallai, Queensland Australia.

http://kalnins.zenfolio.com
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Besides all these WA's and WATE (for me it spells wait) here is a long one:

"Tuscan Landscape"

DSC07750.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr
    Likes 20 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers Barry
    The flat field plugin works with lightroom 4.0 or higher. I use it with version 4.4 without any problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwood View Post
    Hi Barry - not sure if LR 5 or greater is required for the DNG Flat Field plugin or not. Totally understand the apprehension about moving from a comfortable workflow to something a bit different. Regarding the WATE, I'd be happy to look after your parents, your friends, etc. Whatever is required

Doug...You have absolutely no idea what you would be letting yourself in for...Be afraid, be very afraid!
    Now that's what I call “Friends with Benefits”....Cheers Barry

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesK View Post
    Hi Barry,
    Congratulations on the WATE!!! I had no intention of purchasing the WATE either, as I had the 21 SEM with M240. But I have been amazed with the IQ of the WATE combined with the A7r and Novoflex adapter. My workflow combines the latest Lr 5.4, and to date I have had no issues with color shifts, comparable to the M240. I use all 16, 18 and 21 FL's, and I have not needed to compensate for color shifts. I still have the occasional color shifts even with the M240 with WA's.

Many thanks Charles, I have a confession that your WATE images on another thread (which I love BTW) were very instrumental in me getting my WATE (That Vs. lugging both a 18mm and 21mm Distagon around all day).
    I am sharing my Voigtlander VM adapter currently with both the CV35/1.2 and the WATE which is not ideal, so I will probably spring for the Novoflex adapter the next time around, not that the VM doesn't work fine but just to see how good the Novoflex ones are that everybody raves about.
    Also very pleased with the WATE it's a great lightweight lens solution that is amazingly sharp corner to corner at F8 where I would use it mostly. All 3 focal lengths (and in between I am happy to say) are brilliant.
    Re: LR5.4...It's becoming evident from the responses that LR is the way forward (Glad to hear you are not getting any colour shifts)...I think I need to upgrade and probably get a new PC or a Mac to go with it while I am at it....Thanks again Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Slingers View Post
    The flat field plugin works with lightroom 4.0 or higher. I use it with version 4.4 without any problems.
    Thanks for that Slingers, that's very interesting to know...I knew it didn't go with my LR3.6 - I just wasn't sure which versions it commenced from...Thanks again Barry
    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by W.Utsch View Post
    Besides all these WA's and WATE (for me it spells wait) here is a long one:

"Tuscan Landscape"

DSC07750.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr
    Nice one Werner....BTW a long one for me spells "WEIGHT"
    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwood View Post
    Hi Barry - not sure if LR 5 or greater is required for the DNG Flat Field plugin or not. Totally understand the apprehension about moving from a comfortable workflow to something a bit different. ...
    According to the download page, LR 4 or later.

The improvements in the raw conversion engine with LR5 alone are worth it; the control improvements and new UI for applying adjustments make more sense to me as well.

See Julianne Kost's Lightroom pages for details on the new features and differences. The "new features" and "getting started with Lightroom 5" are very useful starting points. Julieanne Kost. Principal Digital Imaging Evangelist, Adobe Systems, Inc. Adobe Lightroom tutorials.

G

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

y'all keep pumping out these great pix ...

my conference commitments end next friday. then i'm taking a couple days off and will dust off the cameras.

G

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Schierbeek View Post
    Bart, did this building collapse while renovating or is this part of the plan?
    Usually I see this building dayly but i am not in town at the moment.
    Hi Michiel,

not sure the building actually collapsed by incident, seems more like intentional applied brute force to me.
    But than, perhaps it had flaws after all ...

Kind regards.
    Last edited by Knorp; 29th October 2014 at 13:47.
    Bart ...
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    According to the download page, LR 4 or later.

The improvements in the raw conversion engine with LR5 alone are worth it; the control improvements and new UI for applying adjustments make more sense to me as well.

See Julianne Kost's Lightroom pages for details on the new features and differences. The "new features" and "getting started with Lightroom 5" are very useful starting points. Julieanne Kost. Principal Digital Imaging Evangelist, Adobe Systems, Inc. Adobe Lightroom tutorials.

G
    Many thanks Godfrey for all the information and link etc...
    The latest LR looks the way to go forward from what you have written.
    Look forward to seeing your images again soon.
    Cheers Barry

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Two more panos with the A7r on a rhinocam adapter with Hassy lenses.

Taughannock Falls overlook view Hasselblad 80mm Planar 8 images stitched in AutoPano Pro3. If you look at the original notice people visible on lower viewing platform and another overlook on the high cliff to the left. The falls has a drop of 315 ft.

Original

100% crop

Cayuga Lake looking north from Toro Run vineyard. 6 image stitch with the Hasselblad 40mm Distagon.

Original

100% crop

Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JimCollum View Post
    Just taking the a7r to old familiar haunts in the local area

.. Zeiss ZF 100mm f2.0, Santa Cruz
    I really like these Jim and the Garapatta image.
    Your processing of these images have really suited the subject matter.
    Cheers Barry

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Two cyclists.

Subscriber Member Georg Baumann's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Schierbeek View Post
    Two cyclists.
    Geeze Michiel, you really got me here. Sitting with my first coffee, I was kinda irritated. - Two cyclists? - While looking at the first shot, not realising there was one below.

I am getting old. LoL

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Good morning Georg, I have to admit, the cyclists are rather small.

Post Thanks / Like

"Passing By"
    Pievescola, Tuscany

DSC07560.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Michiel...Those are not empty streets!....To much traffic in Dieppe for my liking. :-)

Werner...Great Juxtaposition of all the elements from the foreground to the horizon.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Three shots taken in the park today with the Leica R 35-70 f/4 on the A7r.

Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

"Stone/Flowers"

DSC07535.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr

DSC07592.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr

DSC07912.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr
    The offspring of flowers from walls, buildings etc.is typical for tuscany. I could spot it everywhere.

Subscriber Member Georg Baumann's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Post Thanks / Like

Seaward Tree - A7 + Leica C-40 Summicron

-----
    My new book "Whitechapel in 50 BUildings", Flikr Stream, www.louisberk.com
    Likes 20 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Scenes from Seneca Lake, upstate New York
    A7/FE55

Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

www.rafael-lopes.com
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Rawfa, great portrait series.
    Did you add flares in PP in the 2nd shot? What lens did you use?

Post Thanks / Like

'island trail' - A7R FE 24/70

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Malina DZ View Post
    Rawfa, great portrait series.
    Did you add flares in PP in the 2nd shot? What lens did you use?
    Thanks. The flares were achieved naturally. I've used the fe 55mm 1.8 and a pentax 35mm 2.0
    www.rafael-lopes.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday, it was officially first day of Winter in Australia. The day was 24 DegC, amazing for Winter Shots Fingal Heads, NSW, with the A7r and WATE.

Charles Kalnins
    Tallai, Queensland Australia.

http://kalnins.zenfolio.com
    Likes 19 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was asked by a co worker to take photos of her grandsons 1st birthday party in a local park. I can never say no to taking pictures. All shots on the A7 with Minolta MC Rokkor PF 55/1.7 (second version). The black and white shots are all straight out of the camera, felt to lazy to process. The lighting at the part was simply horrible. It took place at 2 o'clock in the afternoon on a bright day, with parts of the party in the dark shade and parts directly in the sun. On top of that the chairs and table cloths were white. Simply a nightmare of lows and highs. And on top of that I dont use flash at all. So natural (crappy) light it is then. Lol.

dreams of string and air

the stillness of the memory

at the center of the storm

photography's golden age

a beautiful party

with the appropriate amount of distrust

the dream realized
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

Senior Member Bill Caulfeild-Browne's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

a7r with FE 70-200 at 200mm.

Bill CB

www.billcaulfeild-browne.ca
    Likes 15 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by biglouis View Post
    Seaward Tree - A7 + Leica C-40 Summicron

That combination seems to work very well.
    I would hope that lens also works well on the A7R.
    With best regards, K-H.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Caulfeild-Browne View Post
    a7r with FE 70-200 at 200mm.

Great mood and texture.
    With best regards, K-H.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sony A7r, FE35mm
    http://500px.com/ThomasZ
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Searching for fairies in the grass. A7R+ZM 85/2

Ben
    Perth, Australia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by f/otographer View Post
    My daughter, some dancing at a recent chili cook off, and an old Yashica Electro shot. First three are from the Minolta MC Rokkor PF 55/1.7, one of my favorite Rokkors that I havent been giving enough shoot time on my A7. That needs to change. The next two are from my venerable ML 50/1.7 and the last is 'lens unremembered'.

alll to soon the ravages of time (steals from us our youth)

stompey stomp (I think every child everywhere makes a beeline for every puddle ever)

the fairy queen holds court

cutting a rug in the golden years

Electro

epiphany (a sudden understanding as to the basic nature of things)
    Haven't been following this thread for a while. These are just fantastic. Absolutely love them.
    Ben
    Perth, Australia