Site Sponsors
Page 60 of 196 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 160 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 3,000 of 9800

Thread: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Is that a real car popping out of the snow?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Straight rainbow.

Likes 13 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sunchai,

Talk about 3D pop

Jim
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Uhhh, snow....but beautiful capture!

"Palms And Sunset"
    Alassio, Italy

DSC00371.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr
    Likes 8 Member(s) liked this post

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Michiel - you are in Toronto?

Post Thanks / Like

Top of Primrose Hill, London - A7r+M-Rokkor 28/2.8

-----
    My new book "Whitechapel in 50 BUildings", Flikr Stream, www.louisberk.com
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Michael,

As always a very nice photo. Every time I see your shots I want a Contax N 24-85 lens, no matter how foolish that is and never-mind it's obviously the photographer and not the lens.

Jim
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I appreciate that it is early days yet, but I hope you will share your views on the A7 vs the A7r. I bought an A7 plus the zeiss 35mm for handheld walk about stuff with maybe a bit of tripod work out in the landscape. My initial response is that the files look fantastic when properly exposed and in the right circumstances (still tentatively feeling my way around how to use this combination). Seriously thinking about investing properly in this system. I never print above A2 and mostly A3+ so am curious whether or not the A7r does offer anything significant above the A7. I guess I am being lazy since I ought to arrange a rental and trial myself but since you are embarked upon the same investigation, I hope you don't mind if I ask.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by biglouis View Post
    One of my first shots with an A7r I picked up second hand last week.

I decided I had to try the A7r and see if I was missing anything over the A7. I'll have to decide which one to keep after a few weeks.

V&A Museum - A7r + M-Rokkor 28/2.8

Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMaher View Post
    Michael,

As always a very nice photo. Every time I see your shots I want a Contax N 24-85 lens, no matter how foolish that is and never-mind it's obviously the photographer and not the lens.

Jim
    Well Iím pretty certain it must be the lens as I just canít see any other explanation for it!

Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Likes 16 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Barry,

You are probably right. It's the lens

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Spent the morning at the local wetlands..... A7R & Canon FD 500mm f4.5

http://hodad66.com Sony A7r,A7II, Sony 70-300G, Rokinon 14/2.8, Leitz Wetzler 35/3.5, Leica R Summicron 50/2 & Elmarit 90mm/2.8, Contax N 24-85 & 70--200mm AND Canon FD 20/2.8, 135/2, 500mm 4.5, Minolta 35/1.8, 45mm/2, Nikon 28-50/3.5, 105/1.8, 180/2.8
    Likes 15 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMaher View Post
    Sunchai,

Talk about 3D pop

Jim
    Thanks Jim, I think picture is clear,
    the snow is baby power,
    the important thing for this shooting is the swing to have the sharpness on the car as the lens is close to object.
    Have fun.

Sunchai.

Likes 17 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sunchai View Post
    the snow is baby power,
    the important thing for this shooting is the swing to have the sharpness on the car as the lens is close to object.
    Have fun.

Sunchai.
    Well done! I'm glad you confessed because I would have pulled out what little hair I have left trying to solve the mystery.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Sunchai: How is the lens with bellows adapted to the e-mount?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by W.Utsch View Post
    Sunchai: How is the lens with bellows adapted to the e-mount?
    Thanks, I think the following image should be answer some of the question.

have fun.

Sunchai.

Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

A 2 Metre standing stone in the South of Cornwall named “MEN SCRYFA” which simply translates into 'Inscribed Stone', It is thought to be a prehistoric Bronze age standing stone (quite possibly even older than the first Egyptian Pyramids). It was later inscribed around the 5th or 6th century to commemorate the death in battle of a royal warrior.
    The northern (rear of my pic.) face bears the inscription 'RIALOBRANI CUNOVALI FILI' which in Cornish means 'Royal Raven son of the Glorious Prince'...(BLENCOMO treatment).

Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines

Post Thanks / Like

When we came back from our short autumn Italy trip this rose in our garden was grown to almost 4m height. My wife took an iPhone shot of the whole scene while i was getting the real big stuff: The Leica R 280/2.8 with 1.4x extender.

"High Rose"

DSC00394.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

I've got both the A7R and A7 and can possibly help.

At A3, you are miles below the threshold at which can see any difference at all between the two in terms of resolution. At A2 there is still no difference at normal printing resolutions, whether chemical or inkjet prints are made.

IMHO you are far better off with the camera you have and I regard the A7 as a better all-rounder. I've covered this a fair amount on my blog shown in my signature area, where I've written in some detail about both cameras and some of the lenses. In summary, here are your benefits with the A7:

Electronic first curtain shutter. This means less noise, a snappier feel and no vibration issues with long lenses. This makes the A7 far better with lenses like the 70-200 f4 OSS, for example.

1. The burst rate is faster.
    2. The camera has phase AF as well as contrast detect.
    3. The A7 is cheaper.
    4. The A7 generally feels a bit more responsive.
    5. The A7 files are smaller and take up less space on hard drives and are quicker to transfer and work on

All in all, the only reason for the A7R over the A7 is to allow for larger prints (at A1 there is a difference), more cropping and, if you worry about a tiny bit of noise difference, when downsized the A7R files are a touch lower in noise than the A7 at the same resolution. There's naff all in it if you ask me, however.

One could possibly argue that the A7R files have a different 'granularity' but that is only when comparing equal image sizes on a computer at the higher magnification end. This is never visible in prints at the sizes I mentioned (obviously, if you think about it). Then there is a sensor flare under some circumstances, but I have not found it a real issue on the A7...

I think you have the right camera. The A7 gets less less love than the A7R, but to me it is clear; for most people under most circumstances it is the better camera. When I bought them both, I was more excited about the A7R, but as great as it is (and I love them both) the A7 just kept on showing what a great tool it is, with fewer rough edges than its 36MP brother.

Quote Originally Posted by pflower View Post
    I appreciate that it is early days yet, but I hope you will share your views on the A7 vs the A7r. I bought an A7 plus the zeiss 35mm for handheld walk about stuff with maybe a bit of tripod work out in the landscape. My initial response is that the files look fantastic when properly exposed and in the right circumstances (still tentatively feeling my way around how to use this combination). Seriously thinking about investing properly in this system. I never print above A2 and mostly A3+ so am curious whether or not the A7r does offer anything significant above the A7. I guess I am being lazy since I ought to arrange a rental and trial myself but since you are embarked upon the same investigation, I hope you don't mind if I ask.

Thanks
    Last edited by turtle; 10th October 2014 at 05:56.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

I have both as well and I can echo most of his points. Essentially under most conditions for most people the A7 is"better" because it is more forgiving. If you did more landscape or tripod work I'd argue that the A7r may be a better camera for you IF you print large sizes. I do print some of my better shots so that's why I have both. The A7 is better for street but when you slow down I don't think the A7 can match the A7r is sheer image quality. I think shutter shock is an overblown problem (for what I do) because you can always raise shutter speed when you're outdoors in most cases to avoid those "problem areas" and I'm usually am not shooting long focal lengths in lowlight.

Renting one is probably the only way you can really answer if it'll make a difference for you. Ideally the A7r would've been released without an AA filter but it wasn't so I got one of each.
    Priolite Ambassador | Sony Visible Light & IR Photographer
    http://www.iiinelsonimages.com
    Likes 3 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, a point I forgot: the A7 has substantially less shutter lag than the A7R, so miles better 'when things move'.

... but if you are printing really big A1 or larger, you will fall off your chair when you see what the A7R can do with fine detail, when shooting with the best lenses.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    Oh, a point I forgot: the A7 has substantially less shutter lag than the A7R, so miles better 'when things move'.

... but if you are printing really big A1 or larger, you will fall off your chair when you see what the A7R can do with fine detail, when shooting with the best lenses.
    I never really have issues with shutter lag (and if there's a difference I find it somewhat negligible for me)out I also shoot with adapted lenses almost exclusively which takes a little bit of prediction in getting motion shots as it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks for the views.

I just don't have the wall space for A1 so have never felt the need to go that big. My interest was aroused by the quality of the files from the A7/35mm f2.8 when seen on the screen. I have now printed out a dozen A3+ and those more than live up to expectations. Just as a comparison I also printed out various images made in the same place, albeit different times and different light, with an H3D-39. The A7 images more than stand the comparison at that size and, I would suspect, even at A2.

I think I might leave the A7R alone for a while. Now I just have to convince myself that I neither need nor want a 55mm 1.8 or the 24-70 zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    I've got both the A7R and A7 and can possibly help.

At A3, you are miles below the threshold at which can see any difference at all between the two in terms of resolution. At A2 there is still no difference at normal printing resolutions, whether chemical or inkjet prints are made.

IMHO you are far better off with the camera you have and I regard the A7 as a better all-rounder. I've covered this a fair amount on my blog shown in my signature area, where I've written in some detail about both cameras and some of the lenses. In summary, here are your benefits with the A7:

Electronic first curtain shutter. This means less noise, a snappier feel and no vibration issues with long lenses. This makes the A7 far better with lenses like the 70-200 f4 OSS, for example.

1. The burst rate is faster.
    2. The camera has phase AF as well as contrast detect.
    3. The A7 is cheaper.
    4. The A7 generally feels a bit more responsive.
    5. The A7 files are smaller and take up less space on hard drives and are quicker to transfer and work on

All in all, the only reason for the A7R over the A7 is to allow for larger prints (at A1 there is a difference), more cropping and, if you worry about a tiny bit of noise difference, when downsized the A7R files are a touch lower in noise than the A7 at the same resolution. There's naff all in it if you ask me, however.

One could possibly argue that the A7R files have a different 'granularity' but that is only when comparing equal image sizes on a computer at the higher magnification end. This is never visible in prints at the sizes I mentioned (obviously, if you think about it). Then there is a sensor flare under some circumstances, but I have not found it a real issue on the A7...

I think you have the right camera. The A7 gets less less love than the A7R, but to me it is clear; for most people under most circumstances it is the better camera. When I bought them both, I was more excited about the A7R, but as great as it is (and I love them both) the A7 just kept on showing what a great tool it is, with fewer rough edges than its 36MP brother.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

[QUOTE=woodmancy;605612]Michiel - you are in Toronto?

Hi Keith, it was a very short visit for a book launch from my niece.
    We walked around for one evening and day.
    We are gone already. We are in Kingston now and saturday and sunday in Clayton near Ottawa.

Yuy will recognize Spadina

Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pflower View Post
    Thanks for the views.

I just don't have the wall space for A1 so have never felt the need to go that big. My interest was aroused by the quality of the files from the A7/35mm f2.8 when seen on the screen. I have now printed out a dozen A3+ and those more than live up to expectations. Just as a comparison I also printed out various images made in the same place, albeit different times and different light, with an H3D-39. The A7 images more than stand the comparison at that size and, I would suspect, even at A2.

I think I might leave the A7R alone for a while. Now I just have to convince myself that I neither need nor want a 55mm 1.8 or the 24-70 zoom.
    The 55/1.8 is the one standout FE lens of the whole lot. I've hd the 24-70 and sold it. I have the 35 and wil trade it towards the Loxia or Distagon. The 55 stays. The 70-200 and the 16-35 May stay as well.

Post Thanks / Like

After dropping off a package at USPS, I stopped by the bridge on the river with my A7R & (this time) a Canon FD 135mm f2.0 lens.... just for fun....

patient bird considering that I was so close...... ;-)
    http://hodad66.com Sony A7r,A7II, Sony 70-300G, Rokinon 14/2.8, Leitz Wetzler 35/3.5, Leica R Summicron 50/2 & Elmarit 90mm/2.8, Contax N 24-85 & 70--200mm AND Canon FD 20/2.8, 135/2, 500mm 4.5, Minolta 35/1.8, 45mm/2, Nikon 28-50/3.5, 105/1.8, 180/2.8

Post Thanks / Like

Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Likes 19 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

before I left this morning, again with the Canon 135mm f2.0 (probably f4)
    with the detail from the Sony A7R.

Likes 11 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

A few more with the Samyang 24mm TS on the A7R. All shot at f/11, ISO 100, 1.5 degrees tilt, vertical shift for two stitched shots each. Build quality of this lens is not as good as the Canon 24mm TSE II that I used earlier with a 5d2, but I have no complaints about optical quality of the Samyang.

Carl
    Gallery
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

[QUOTE=Michiel Schierbeek;605855]
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmancy View Post
    Michiel - you are in Toronto?

Hi Keith, it was a very short visit for a book launch from my niece.
    We walked around for one evening and day.
    We are gone already. We are in Kingston now and saturday and sunday in Clayton near Ottawa.

Yuy will recognize Spadina
    Catch you next time, or maybe in Amsterdam.

You have seen more of our new street cars than I have? Nice to see you participating in interpreting the urban jungle that is my patch!

Cheers
    Keith

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

[QUOTE=woodmancy;605918]
    Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Schierbeek View Post

Catch you next time, or maybe in Amsterdam.

You have seen more of our new street cars than I have? Nice to see you participating in interpreting the urban jungle that is my patch!

Cheers
    Keith
    Hopefully Keith!

Some evening shots from graffity in Chinatown, Toronto.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

While I was busy doing other things, my lens took this picture through a very dirty window in Gerrard street, Toronto.

Post Thanks / Like

A bit of contrast to Toronto Chinatown:

"Framework"

DSC00099.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr

DSC00097.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing that old Triumph car Werner.
    Oh happy memories of my misspent youth with my “Triumph TR4A”, wearing the latest fashion at the time “Flared Trousers”
    Right hand drive was preferable to left hand drive when ferrying the young ladies about without trying to paint a too graphical picture for you all.
    (Apologies for the IQ as it was copied and severely cropped from an old faded badly fixed snap from my past – A7R/55mm FE).
    I thought it would give you guys a laugh Cheers Barry.

Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This gave me a grin........ local jogging with his dogs...

Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

These flares are really wide and the TR4 is a beauty!
    Glad i brought up some memories of you, Barry!

Post Thanks / Like

These flares are really wide and the TR4 is a beauty!
    Glad i brought up some memories of you, Barry!
    You certainly did...Thanks again Werner
    Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Opposite the Modern Art Museum, Toronto.

Post Thanks / Like

A7r+CV Ultron 21/1.8

-----
    Likes 14 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Taken this afternoon.

Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines

Post Thanks / Like

Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

More Chinatown

Likes 10 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

the snow is baby power,
    Have fun.

Sunchai.

Thanks, I think the following image should be answer some of the question.

have fun.

Sunchai.

Thanks. Very Interesting!
    With best regards, K-H.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just got the Nikkor 50mm f1.2 AIS, and really liking it on the A7R, much more so than on the D800E.

Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Regent's Park, London, today - A7r+M-Rokkor 28/2.8

-----
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Likes 12 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This one shot truly speaks to the dynamic range available with this A7R.
    I had been shooting in the sun when I spotted this lil guy. I grabbed the
    shot but when I got home the image was REALLY dark. It took a bunch of
    processing but I'm quite happy with the result!!

The ducks were a hoot! All I had was the 28-50 so I just squatted down & shot
    some scenery. The ducks were too far away. I'm messing with settings & going into
    the menu and I notice the ducks heading my way. I shove it down to wide, hold the
    camera close to the ground & blindly shoot. The great thing was this one duck kept
    flapping her/his wings..... just like he was proud of them!!
    Likes 7 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dear GetDPI Friends - I survived the 1,600 mile fall trip to Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. The mandatory fall color samples are below. All with A7 + Zeiss.

New Hampshire, Great North Woods, Fall Colors by brownxy, on Flickr

New Hampshire, White Mountains Highway, Fall Colors by brownxy, on Flickr

Lake George, Fall Colors by brownxy, on Flickr

Maine, Fall Colors by brownxy, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Flickr Photostream
    Barry Haines
    Likes 17 Member(s) liked this post