The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiiNelson

Re: Fun With Sony _____

In the nature of being solution oriented and maybe compromise how about all of the main brand "Fun with..." (i.e. this Fun with Sony____ ) threads become a sticky post and it will never go away and people can choose whether or not to post their images here as well as whatever the "flavor of the month" camera model "Fun with..." thread. Everyone is happy. The main "Fun with..." thread never goes to page 10 and people will be able to do their research or viewing of image examples from whatever camera they want. That can be a forum wide thing though. I know there are search features and they help in most cases but I agree that if I wanted to say only look at A7/r stuff then going through 122 pages would be a bit much for me as I generally wouldn't care after a certain point.

Great job all around though from the owners/ mods so I don't want this to seem like anyone is poking and pointing fingers. This is probably the only photography forum I visit on a regular basis and that's for a great reason.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Guess i will start this but with a twist a image that is actually being used for a ad. I shot this one with the A7r, 70-200 2.8 ZA lens with Sony 4 adapter in crop mode so a 300mm equivalent . ISO 1250 at 5.6/ Focused on the girl in the middle. BTW I designed the ad too.

Last edited:

jonoslack

Hey folks, start any new thread and call it anything you want. Fun with Sony and cheeseburgers, and we'll let it run. No more merging of any kind saves us hassle. If a thread dies, it dies, regardless of how many good or worthwhile longer-term images are in it. We're good with that as it saves us a tremendous amount of work. Clearly it's not too late to start a new dedicated fun with A7 thread, as that's what you all seem so upset about.
Hi Jack
I think that's fine - there'll be a new thread for a new camera while it's new. . . . . as it dies then people using that camera will start posting to the Generic thread (this one in that case).
No work for you - easy to search, and a way forwards for when a thread gets to page 10.

All the best

Guy Mancuso

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Thanks Tim . Okay folks let them rip. Im going to go shoot something. LOL

jonoslack

Hi There - +1 Tim
Here's something completely different:

A7 Noctilux at 0.95

tashley

Subscriber Member

While we're at it, I have a suggestion: allowing image threads to have the same number of posts per page as mainly text threads means that the pages take for ever to load. Is there any way of specifying the 'fun with' threads to have a lower message count per page? Would anyone find that useful?

Something for my fellow gear junkies...

I've been reacquiring samples of the camera gear I grew up with and assembling a little diorama. It's a timeline of my own path as a photographer, starting in 1968 with a borrowed Argus C3 through the Canon A-1 from 1978. My favorite artifact is the little green book 'Amateur Photography' that I originally got at Radio Shack for 50¢. I learned the basics of shooting and darkroom work from that book, and have been hooked ever since.

Shot with a7R, 24-70mm zoom at f8.

Guy Mancuso

Tim you can set that up yourself in your User CP top left corner. Hit that got to settings and options than too edit options. You will see thread display options and can select how many posts in a thread . You select from 10 to 100. Try it

Ben Rubinstein

Very nice Ben. Love the look of it
Take an old lens with great rendition, stop it down very slightly when shooting into the light, process in Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 with two layers, one with XP2 rendition and the other with Tri-X rendition and mix them well in a shallow bowl spicing with occasional dodge and burn. Add a pinch of vignette to taste. Cook and eat.

jaree

A7 + FE 24-70: The more I look at it, the more I like it.

I stopped looking at the corners and the distortion and started taking pictures. I even dropped the idea of getting multiple copies of the lens and trying to cherry pick a "good one".

What a versatile combo - ability to shoot handheld at 1/5 second / ISO 4000 and still get a decent output, can't ask for more. I am sure that someone with more PP skills can improve these even more.

Sony A7 + Zeiss FE 24-70 by brownxy, on Flickr

Heck I'm just drooling over the Canon A1, only camera I ever fell in love with.
I had that same love for the A-1. The Sony a7R is the first camera I've had since then that feel so 'right'. (coincidentally, they have oddly similar shapes and layouts)

Ben Rubinstein

You know what was one of the main things that pushed me over the edge? Seeing a picture of the A7r next to the A1. Finally a camera the correct size for an SLR!

Godfrey

Woo hoo! Another "Fun with..." thread. :)

Sony A7 + Summicron-R 90mm f/2
ISO 100 @ f/2.8 @ 1/400s

enjoy! thanks for looking. comments always appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.