The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglouis

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

From my walk along the Thames Bank around Rotherhithe today, during low tide. A7 + FE 35 and 55 lenses. For those who don't know the dramatic architecture in the first two frames is London's Canary Wharf.

Ben Rubinstein

I shot a quick test sequence in my yard with the Canon FD 20mm 2.8, from f2.8 to f16. I shared the raw files here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8gpddek3a06gvav/bqrwJripJz

This processed version was at f8. It's not bad for $150.

PS
I also included a Lightroom profile for the lens in the shared folder.
Mike, where was the focus on these files? The left top corner is sharp by f11 but the top right doesn't sharpen up till f16 by which time diffraction is very apparent. In any case considerably better than the OM 21mm. Thank you again for your time!

Mike, where was the focus on these files? The left top corner is sharp by f11 but the top right doesn't sharpen up till f16 by which time diffraction is very apparent.
I was focused on the snow on top of the boat, which was about 50 feet away. The stuff in the upper right was much closer than that.

f/otographer

Yay, a new A7 thread. :)

Here are a couple of test shots from my new Yashica ML 35/2.8 (series 1). This lens is incredibly uncommon, but I hesitate to call it rare. It simply does not come up for sale with the frequency of any of the other normal focal length ML's. The 50mm ML's, 1.7 and 1.4, come up all the time. Same with the 28/2.8. Heck even the 24/2.8 and 21/2.8 show up more often then the 35/2.8. I have no idea why. You would think that Yashica would have cranked out a ton of these lenses in this popular focal length. But I guess they didnt.

In about two years of checking the auction site I have seen maybe 7 of them go up for sale. Now granted, thats just when I was checking for them. But in that same time there were countless other ML's selling in those other focal lengths. I have only ever seen one for sale on KEH.com and that was in ugly condition. Maybe someone might have some insight into why they are uncommon.

Without further ado, the test shots. I plan to go use it some more today.

dchew

The world around here actually melted a bit yesterday.

a7r, 90 'cron

Godfrey

The sun was harsh this morning on my walk, and looking at my photos I felt compelled to go contrasty and B&W ...

Sony A7 + Elmarit-R 135mm f/2.8
All exposures at f/4

Thanks for looking. Comments always appreciated.

dchew

Mist from a few weeks ago.

Sorry for the title. I just heard a Jimmy Hendrix song on the radio...

a7r, 90 'cron (again)

dchew

Hey Godfrey,
I hate power lines. But I really, really like yours.

Dave

Luvwine

From Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta. WATE at 16mm, A7r, polarizer, F8. Not real happy with the distortion. Perhaps I need to look at a T/S lens again....

Status
Not open for further replies.