The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_driscoll

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Random splandom...through my tinted windshield, top floor of a garage, an a'cappella gospel singer at the Market. Opps, almost forgot the dates.

A7, 24-70mm f/4, 24mm, 1/800s @ f/4, ISO 100

A7, 35mm f/2.8, 1/60s @ f/2.8, +1/3 EV, ISO 3200

A7, 55mm f/1.8, 1/2000s @ f/2.8, ISO 100

A7, 24-70mm f/4, 38mm, 1/60s @ f/4, ISO 160

Cheers, Matt

Last edited:

Don Libby

Just having some fun inside the Outback Steakhouse...

Taken with Sandy's new 24-70 on her A7r.

Sandy was taken at f/4 1-second ISO 64 24mm focal length. Her cheeseburger at f/4 1/80 ISO 8000 70mm

Godfrey

Here's the Elmar-M 4/135 pic that fell through the net yesterday. Not bad for a lens from 1960. Younger than me....

Distance to the castle is 1km. Snaefell, the mountain (our only mountain) with the broadcast towers, is 25km away.
Nice! Seems to be just a hair rotated anti-clockwise; hard to find a horizon to reference.

You're reminding me that I haven't done anything but test with the Hektor-M 135mm f/4.5 yet. I think it might have been manufactured two months before your Elmar-M. :)
Perhaps I'll stick it on the camera today ...

G

iiiNelson

Just having some fun inside the Outback Steakhouse...

Taken with Sandy's new 24-70 on her A7r.

Sandy was taken at f/4 1-second ISO 64 24mm focal length. Her cheeseburger at f/4 1/80 ISO 8000 70mm

That cheeseburger looks delicious.

Godfrey

Collecting one by one... For my lovely a7r
Still far from my wishlist

My A7r by hyperfocalS, on Flickr
Ah, the lens addiction! I am comforted to see that there are other sufferers out there. ;-)

The very, very last of my Leica R lens acquisition madness just arrived last night: a mint Summicron-R 35mm f/2 series II. I'd hunted up three or four that looked promising on the web, then thought to call my friend at the dealership who had a mint example in the box with case, etc, for $100 less than the cheapest Buy It Now price.

I'm done, that's it: 19, 24, 35, 50x2, 90, 135, and 180 mm. I guess I have to take some photos now. ];-)

G

iiiNelson

Collecting one by one... For my lovely a7r
Still far from my wishlist

My A7r by hyperfocalS, on Flickr
Pretty awesome collection. I just ordered a 85/1.4, 135/2.8, and 180/2.8 last week myself. Still want the 21/2.8, 100/2, and/or the 100/2.8 Macro (if I can find a MMJ or MMG version.)

dunders

Subscriber Member

Nice! Seems to be just a hair rotated anti-clockwise; hard to find a horizon to reference.
I struggled with LR to find a vertical long enough to sort it: it *looks* right against the grid, but, on reflection, I think you're right. Curses and black puddings!

You're reminding me that I haven't done anything but test with the Hektor-M 135mm f/4.5 yet. I think it might have been manufactured two months before your Elmar-M. :)
Perhaps I'll stick it on the camera today ...

G
It would be interesting to see a comparison. You'll be hereabouts in April.....

P

dunders

Subscriber Member

Never heard that phrase before? I like it!
It comes from the Magic Roundabout film 'Dougal and the Blue Cat'. A curse used by Buxton, the Blue Cat (a pantomime villain if ever there was one!), and suitable for all occasions when anything stronger would elicit 'that look' from she who must be obeyed.

Michiel Schierbeek

Pretty awesome collection. I just ordered a 85/1.4, 135/2.8, and 180/2.8 last week myself. Still want the 21/2.8, 100/2, and/or the 100/2.8 Macro (if I can find a MMJ or MMG version.)
I was wondering why you want per se an MMJ or MMG version?
It is only usefull or necessary if you want to Leitax them. Often the AEG, or what was it called version, is even better now because they have often an all black mount which does not cause inner ghost reflections.
There seems to be no quality difference what so ever.

Here's my collection. One is lacking on this picture the 45/2.8 Tessar. A wonderfull pancake.

Don Libby

Took a drive south from Jackson to Alpine WY and returned with these...

Sony A7r FE-24-70 (70mm) f/11 1/160 ISO 50

Sony A7r FE55mm f/8 1/125 ISO 50

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

I was wondering why you want per se an MMJ or MMG version?
It is only usefull or necessary if you want to Leitax them. Often the AEG, or what was it called version, is even better now because they have often an all black mount which does not cause inner ghost reflections.
There seems to be no quality difference what so ever.

Here's my collection. One is lacking on this picture the 45/2.8 Tessar. A wonderfull pancake.

Ah Ha now I know where all those Contax lenses are. Nice collection

Status
Not open for further replies.