The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamoulox

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

My son last sunday. (A7 with 55mm, and effect add with the ipad application Pixlromatic)

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member

Welcome Pramote! We'd all better up our games now you're here... :D:D:D
Thanks Tim! I've been following the forms for a while. I was very patient waiting to buy the A7R from my dealers, Guy and Joe :)

I am a big fan of RX-1 and A99. This A7R has been exceeding my expectation. In combination with the Leica M Monochrom, it rocks!!

Pramote

jonoslack

One of my favorites from you Jono. If I shot that, I'd immediately print it large and frame it for the wall … and I don't say that very often … especially about my own work :ROTFL:

Well done!

- Marc

BTW, was that done using the Voit close up adapter?
Thank you Marc. Much appreciated. I was Pleased with it too, the problem is persuading the boss to frame it!

It was with a VM adapter and an OUFRO.. I'm actually looking for the VME adapter, but they're as common as rockinghorsesh1t around here.

Knorp

Sunday morning's tulips

| leica summarex 1:1.5/85mm @1.5 | a7r |

Michiel Schierbeek

ohohoh...you're so cruel, making me drool with envy for those contax collection.
missing the "sell your kidney" expensive 21mm I guess
Yes I am your friendly torturer :D
The 21 is so expensive now I might as well buy a new version in one of the available mounts. I never bought the 25 because I have the wonderfull 25 Biogon in M mount which I even never tryed on the A7r yet.
Then there is the 28/2 Distagon, i think is to expensive and to large on this camera and because the much smaller 28/2.8 is already such a great lens.

Clicking thru the images to Yat's Flicker page, it looks like the majority of images were made with the 135mm f1.8. The images - color and rendering - have a look that I really like.

gurtch

A7R and FE 55mm f1.8 Zeiss lens. The rubber ducks are through a store window at a display.
Dave in NJ

Godfrey

Walked with the Elmarit-R 19mm yesterday morning, the M-Rokkor 40mm last night, and the Elmarit-R 24mm this morning. I rendered this selfie from the JPEG of one of the exposures on the iPad mini after transferring by wifi with the Sony software.

Sony A7 + Elmarit-R 19mm f/2.8 series I

Too much fun.

tashley

Subscriber Member

I had a lot of fun today. I did a shoot of our local bishop - they need images for the parishes, for press publications, all sorts of things. Dress was from casual to very full clericals with several shades between, expressions had to range from very friendly through pastoral to questioning. Locations were all indoors and I shot most with natural light and some with on-camera bounce as slight fill.

I used two A7Rs. One had a hand grip on and a 55 F1.8 and one had no grip and a 24-70 F4 OSS. I swapped out this for the 35mm F2.8 for a small number of shots.

I used Face Detect for most of them, and most were at or close to wide open. Out of 331 shots I found precisely three that weren't acceptably sharp and about four that were only 'good enough'. The rest were utterly perfect. Shutter speeds ranged from 1/30th upwards.

I have never had a camera that let me place focus exactly where I want it and which nailed it again and again and again. I have never had such a high hit rate on an indoor shoot, often in quite dark chapels and corridors. And I have rarely felt so relaxed whilst shooting something that matters, because it quickly became clear from the LCD that the shots were coming out to the quality I needed. I don't do many portraits because I'm frankly not much good at them, but this was a nice experience! Certainly a lot more fun than a few years back when I had a gig to do official portraits of the last Archbishop of Canterbury and I took along a Phase Back on a DF body for indoor natural light shots, which would have worked had not the largest and darkest storm cloud in the world come over during my 15 minute slot. I ended up using a 5DII and a lot of prayer...

Can't share any yet until there is client approval. But some I really like a lot!

philip_pj

Re: Fun With Sony _____

These are from the a99 and Contax Yashica 35-70/3.4. The hats, ribbons and fancy gear are for the winter festival dressup. They asked me so they stayed focused, no pun intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.