The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.Utsch

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Tow classics from Toscana

Hills and Villas around Firenze

The cupola of the Firenze Duomo

jonoslack

Well, my 24-70 f4 and my 55 f1.8 arrived today :) no time for snaps yet, so here are 3 from last night with the old 28-70 zoom.

Sunshine and News

A Severe Look (we've been away for a week)

Pickled Lemons and a butter Patter

jonoslack

HI There
The 24-70 and 55 seem to be fine, but I haven't had a chance to look properly, still, I snapped about the kitchen with the 55 and it does indeed look promising.

Muriel

The kitchen dresser

Roberts Radio with matching eggs​

All taken at f1.8

f/otographer

Nisen happens sometimes with the FE 55 1.8 and often with the FE 35 F2.8 - not a look I like too much, but it looks nice in your shot!
Really? I would have thought the FE 55/1.8, being ranked as one of the better lenses out there, would have been free from such basic errors in drawing. Huh, just goes to show. Glad you like the pic tho. :)

tashley

Subscriber Member

Really? I would have thought the FE 55/1.8, being ranked as one of the better lenses out there, would have been free from such basic errors in drawing. Huh, just goes to show. Glad you like the pic tho. :)
It seems rare - I only see it in shots where the aperture is wide open and the subject is in the very front of field, and there are strong lines further out - they then can become double. I gave one example of it in my review of the lens but I have not noticed it often at all...

jonoslack

Just a couple more before bed

Both shot at f1.8

Monk fish Salad at ISO 800

Bo

bookshelf at ISO 2500

Nothing special you might say, but . . . supper is always special, and that bookshelf has been shot in miserable mixed light with so many different cameras - it's really dark, hence f1.8, 1/60th, ISO 2500. I don't think I've ever seen a better result than this.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Looks like a great lens, camera combination...

Compelling capture.

I am sure it is nice to be home...

Bob

jonoslack

Looks like a great lens, camera combination...

Compelling capture.

I am sure it is nice to be home...

Bob
HI Bob
It is indeed - I'm sure you feel the same way - but we had a great time, and were very lucky to have great snow conditions and lovely hot sunshine! All but one days I was skiing without gloves :shocked:

Good to be home though, nice to have my poor drowned car back to full fitness, and fun to be trying out these two Sony/Zeiss lenses.

All the best

W.Utsch

Firenze

Chanel e Palazzo Vecchio

Dolci/Sweets

Its getting a little quiet here the last days...???

Last edited:

Godfrey

Godfrey I would love to see some images from your Robot Zeiss Biotar. (Sounds like a Transformer) :)
Perhaps I'll have the opportunity this weekend to try it out. I've just put the book that's been consuming my life out for review so I won't be working at all this weekend. :)

jlm

Workshop Member

just picked up a canon 24mm TS-E II and a Metabones adapter for shooting interiors. now that adapter was a tight fit on the lens. seems to work, will get some images out asap

W.Utsch

That's an awesome combination, the lens is quite bulky but the quality fantastic. I have posted some pics here (in the old Fun thread) with it and the A7R.
My Metabones Smart II works perfect the fit is tight , yes, but better than loose...
Have fun and show us something :)

Werner

Annna T

That's an awesome combination, the lens is quite bulky but the quality fantastic. I have posted some pics here (in the old Fun thread) with it and the A7R.
My Metabones Smart II works perfect the fit is tight , yes, but better than loose...
Have fun and show us something :)

Werner
How tight is it ? Would it be inconvenient to change lenses relatively frequently in the field ? I own both a 24mm TSE and a 90mm TSE, (plus the 70-200mm F4 and some other standard and wide angle zooms). I'm still on the fence as to whether I should acquire an A7 or A7r. But I wouldn't want to buy several of theses expensive Metabones smart adapters.

jlm

Workshop Member

my metabones is a MarkIII and i had to use major force to rotate it onto the lens, but it did go on, and i expect it will reside there permanently.

my hands are pretty strong and it was much tighter than i would like. from what i have read they loosen up

also made me start to think about a special L-plate that will mount to the metabones socket...

dave92029

Well, my 24-70 f4 and my 55 f1.8 arrived today :) no time for snaps yet, so here are 3 from last night with the old 28-70 zoom.
Your 28-70mm has produced many excellent images, so I'm very interested to see/ hear if you feel that the 24-70 is noticeably better, and will you keep it.

thank you for your posts.
Dave

Annna T

my metabones is a MarkIII and i had to use major force to rotate it onto the lens, but it did go on, and i expect it will reside there permanently.

my hands are pretty strong and it was much tighter than i would like. from what i have read they loosen up

also made me start to think about a special L-plate that will mount to the metabones socket...
Thanks !

It seems that things are aligning against the A7s for me : there is noway I'll get several smart adapters and I would need at least two or three (the two TSE lenses, plus the 45mm TSE I'm also considering, plus a 90mm macro).

scho

Still not very spring like around here. Steamboat Landing area with A7r and Leica R 50mm f/2 Summicron.

Status
Not open for further replies.