The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.Utsch

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

My Metabones is tight but i would say still right. No excessive force is needed neither to mount the lens nor at the cam. There seems to be some variation with theese adaptors.

philip_pj

A little info on more FE lenses at the rumour site, from Sony marketing's Mark Weir:

(SR5) Mark Weir from Sony confirms new FE lenses and “unique” cameras will be announced soon! And very fast FE lenses will come too! | sonyalpharumors

...to be announced 'very soon', some lenses coming for the FE 'will be fast'. The guys in the video almost look sheepish when saying they got plenty of feedback on the lens program...at the 38 minute mark on. I bet they did. ;-)

jlm

Workshop Member

with trepidation due to the required excess force, removed my too-tight MB adapter from the canon (whew!) , unscrewed the flange from the adapter and tested the flange only on the lens. the five little areas that rise above the surface on the flange and are to pass under the lens bayonet tabs actually interfere, as they are a tiny bit too high. this is not so easy to measure, and i have dial comparators, groove micrometers, height gages and step micrometers!
but i estimate about .001-.002" metal has to be removed and will sneak up on it on a lapping plate.

success! took about three light passes on 320 grit paper mounted on a surface plate, removed about what i thought

this is not what the previous article talks about; they are monkeying with the spring stack, and the interference has nothing to do with the springs

dave92029

Tried out the new FW settings today. I'm not sure if the camera is more responsive or if the shutter sound is faster , which gives the impression that the camera is more responsive. Either way I'm pleased. Here is a City Landmark...Muffler Man. In order to get the entire 15 ft. statute in the frame without standing in the middle of a busy street, I got some interesting angles/
Do you agree?

dave92029

One more from my trip downtown Escondido. Here is the old train station...now it's a museum.

W.Utsch

A pano (handheld) of 3 pics with the Canon 24/3.5 TSE II, 5mm upshift, to get rid of some foreground. If you go and look @ 100% the detail and sharpness is stunning.

Firenze from Piazzale Michelangelo

Last edited:

jonoslack

Okay - well then - I took the 24-70 f4 out for a walk this morning - it's certainly much more compromised than the lovely Olympus 12-40 . . . . . but it's also fantastic. So is the colour. So is the handling

Country Lane

Early Rape

Lone Cloud

Matty - out of prison

RGB

Class

tashley

Subscriber Member

A pano (handheld) of 3 pics with the Canon 24/3.5 TSE II, 5mm upshift, to get rid of some foreground. If you go and look @ 100% the detail and sharpness is stunning.

Firenze from Piazzale Michelangelo

I tried four fresh copies of this lens last week and all were notably soft on the left, both with Metabones III/A7R and on a shop-owned 5DIII. Have you noticed this? I am tempted to give up and take a 17 TSE instead but that bulbous front element freaks me out - I need filters to protect me!

tashley

Subscriber Member

Jono, your description of the lens vs the Oly is perfect. Compromised but fantastic - unlike the pictures you're making with it, which are just fantastic...

jonoslack

Here are some still life shots from this morning.
The first two were taken with the 55 f1.8, the rest with the 24-70 zoom.

Picpoul de Pinet

Window Pecker

Bowing Bowing

Pearly Light

Old Lemon and Fresh Laid Eggs

W.Utsch

Tim, no problems with my TSE 24 II and Metabones here.
If you have problems i would suspect the adaptor or the combi of the two not the lens.
On my 5DMKII the 24 is perfect as well. What i have read, there are a lot of mixed experiences with Metabones, some have big problems with tightness etc. Seams to be a lot of sample variation with these costly adaptors.
Anyhow i could not exchange the lens because i have it a long time... :)

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member

None of Jono's images are opening up...just words...no pics...no one else has this problem?

Roy Benson

Status
Not open for further replies.