The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonoslack

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Jono,

Just tried it and from here into the Suffolk 2013 less than 3 seconds....

May not be a global issue....

Bob
Hi Bob
It certainly isn't global, as people are adding likes etc. - it's just some people. I suspect that my ISP is blocking their ISP - I'll have to talk to them and see what's happening.

thanks for chipping in.

all the best

jlm

Workshop Member

jono:
working fine on my MBP at home, images and your site.

was using a PC at work before

Elderly

I can see your images,
and your website comes up instantly
but there's one hell of a delay in seeing .....

........ your decision!

('cis' Latin root 'to cut'. Decision; to cut off all other possibilities)

jonoslack

I can see your images,
and your website comes up instantly
but there's one hell of a delay in seeing .....

........ your decision!

('cis' Latin root 'to cut'. Decision; to cut off all other possibilities)
HI Ian
can't you guess?

GDI

I have the same problem with my Metabones Leica-r to E mount adapter. It is so tight I keep thinking I'll break the lens mount off trying to mount it. also I noticed recently that the lens release tab/mechanism leaks light if direct sunlight hits it - on inspection I can clearly see light from looking from the inside of the adapter through the release.

I need a smart adapter for my EOS lenses, but Metabones seems to be a risky proposition at $400....

m_driscoll

At the Seattle Center, behind the EMP.

A7, 55mm f/1.8, 1/25s @ f/4, ISO 2000

A7, 35mm f/2.8, 1/125s @ f/2.8, ISO 3200

A7, 35mm f/2.8, 1/125s @ f/2.8, ISO 3200

A7, 35mm f/2.8, 1/125s @ f/10, ISO 200

Cheers, Matt

jonoslack

Some from this morning's dog walk with the 24-70 zoom

Silver and Moss

Straight up Blue

Acid Green

Marsh Marigold

Fen Filigree

Alexiz

I have the same problem with my Metabones Leica-r to E mount adapter. It is so tight I keep thinking I'll break the lens mount off trying to mount it. also I noticed recently that the lens release tab/mechanism leaks light if direct sunlight hits it - on inspection I can clearly see light from looking from the inside of the adapter through the release.
Just received mine (Metabones LR-E) too, and I'm having exactly the same issues. Excessively tight and it is very difficult to mount the lens. I can further confirm that I, too, can clearly see light leak through the release mechanism when I look from the inside of the adapter. Ouch :mad:

This is a bit disconcerting, given the price of this adapter. I also have a much cheaper Fotodiox LR-E adapter and it doesn't appear to leak any light. (On closer inspection, I can actually observe that Fotodiox's release mechanism, as it looks from inside, is pretty much the same as the one in Novoflex's adapter).

I guess, I'll have to stick a piece of black tape over the Metabones' release tab in some awkward manner, before I replace it with Novoflex or Fotodiox...

Steve P.

Hello Michiel.
I have the ZM 25mm biogon which I presently shoot on the Ricoh GXR-M. As it looks increasingly unlikely that Ricoh will follow through on this camera, I'm looking very closely at the Sony A7 as a future replacement. I know you have/had this lens also and I'm wondering if you've had chance to use it with the Sony and, if so, what conclusions might you have drawn?
Thanks in advance.
Steve.

Michiel Schierbeek

Hello Michiel.
I have the ZM 25mm biogon which I presently shoot on the Ricoh GXR-M. As it looks increasingly unlikely that Ricoh will follow through on this camera, I'm looking very closely at the Sony A7 as a future replacement. I know you have/had this lens also and I'm wondering if you've had chance to use it with the Sony and, if so, what conclusions might you have drawn?
Thanks in advance.
Steve.
To my shame, I did not ude the lens yet on the A7r, because of all the bad storys. I will try it later this week when i am back in Amsterdam.
I remember that I tryed it very late for the same reason on my NEX-7 and I found it actually quiet good. But this time it is different, I think.

jonoslack

Hello Michiel.
Thanks in advance.
Steve.
Hi Steve
That's a lovely lens, I still regret selling mine. BUT in my opinion the A7 and A7r aren't a wonderful solution for wide angle M lenses. The sensor isn't designed for a rear element so close. Some work better than others some of the time, but results are unpredictable and often downright bad.
I realise some will disagree, and there are exceptions (WATE and 21 summilux for instance), but probably not your Zeiss

All the best

Steve P.

Thanks Michiel and Jono for your replies. I confess there's a certain amount of wishful thinking behind my hopes for the ZM25 on the A7. I suspect your assessments will prove correct but as long as I keep my eyes covered and only peep out occasionally it might all just work out fine. 'Cause that's how life is...Right!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.