The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Sherman

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Ballard Locks and Farmer's Market with the A7 and various lenses:

21 Super-Elmar

CV125/2.5

28 Summicron-M

CV125/2.5

ZM50/2

ZM50/2

jonoslack

Thanks Michiel and Jono for your replies. I confess there's a certain amount of wishful thinking behind my hopes for the ZM25 on the A7. I suspect your assessments will prove correct but as long as I keep my eyes covered and only peep out occasionally it might all just work out fine. 'Cause that's how life is...Right!?!
:ROTFL:
exactly - My mistake in buying the A7r was for using it with M lenses. Now I'm rather hankering after one again - but this time for using with native lenses.

Barry Haines

:ROTFL:
exactly - My mistake in buying the A7r was for using it with M lenses. Now I'm rather hankering after one again - but this time for using with native lenses.
Hi Jono...Life is weird, I decided to go the other way and keep the A7R and sell off 5 of my M lenses including the ZM25 after not being happy with their performance on the A7R...I am now wondering if that was a mistake on my behalf, time will tell.

jonoslack

Hi Jono...Life is weird, I decided to go the other way and keep the A7R and sell off 5 of my M lenses including the ZM25 after not being happy with their performance on the A7R...I am now wondering if that was a mistake on my behalf, time will tell.
HI There Barry
These look great.
As for M lenses - selling them always seems to be a mistake! I've kept mine, but I'm using them on the M rather than trying to use them with the A7. Now I'm pretty happy - the 24-70 zoom seems to be a success (even if rather an odd success) the 55 f1.8 is stonkingly good, and my M lenses are happy again now they're back on the M.

Which leads me back to wondering whether I wouldn't like to have an A7r again to go with these lenses!

all the best

jonoslack

This place is getting very Cornish... I'm potty about it myself.
.... not just potty about it, born there :)

These are from January with either the WATE or the kit lens.

Buoy and Bucket (Penberth)

Fish Net Tight (Newlyn)

That Farmyard Look (opposite the pub at Treen)

Sky and moors (Chapel Carn Brae)

Cornish Chain Mail (Carn Euny, Brane)

Pyrenean sheepdog on Cornish Coast (Treen Cliffs)

Barry Haines

Many thanks Jono.
To be honest I always have regrets with selling any of my gear...I would love to keep it all:)
Such is life though...The Leica M Summilux 50/1.4 Asph was my all time favourite Leica M lens, the build and image quality was and still is great on a M camera...But I was so blown away with the IQ of the 55/1.8 on the A7R that has led me down another path altogether...I am pretty happy with my decision so far - Still undecided on what lenses to get outside of my 55/1.8, Rokkor 58/1.2 and CV35/1.2 Mk2.
Cheers Barry

HI There Barry
These look great.
As for M lenses - selling them always seems to be a mistake! I've kept mine, but I'm using them on the M rather than trying to use them with the A7. Now I'm pretty happy - the 24-70 zoom seems to be a success (even if rather an odd success) the 55 f1.8 is stonkingly good, and my M lenses are happy again now they're back on the M.

Which leads me back to wondering whether I wouldn't like to have an A7r again to go with these lenses!

all the best

jlm

Workshop Member

jono:

still not getting your images on my two shop PC's (Firefox), Surface Pro (Win 8, Explorer), or my shop Mac (Safari) all running from the same router

jonoslack

jono:

still not getting your images on my two shop PC's (Firefox), Surface Pro (Win 8, Explorer), or my shop Mac (Safari) all running from the same router
Hi There John
it seems to be a timeout issue, but I'm darned if I know what it is - I've sent you a pm about it.

All the best
Jono

W.Utsch

"Shoes, Shoes and Shoes!" Firenze, March 2014

The heeled Lady, is my beloved wife.
Thanks for her patience, with a kind of mad Photographer.

Godfrey

.... not just potty about it, born there :)

These are from January with either the WATE or the kit lens.

Buoy and Bucket (Penberth)

Fish Net Tight (Newlyn)

That Farmyard Look (opposite the pub at Treen)

Sky and moors (Chapel Carn Brae)

Cornish Chain Mail (Carn Euny, Brane)

Pyrenean sheepdog on Cornish Coast (Treen Cliffs)
None of this set, nor a couple of prior sets, are showing up on my system either.

G

jonoslack

None of this set, nor a couple of prior sets, are showing up on my system either.

G
HI Godfrey
Questions (please help!)
can you paste the link into another browser window?
Are the images on my website showing up?
does the text show up?
is it a time-out issue?

Thanks in advance!

Mike Woods

Hi Jono,

I can see them now via Safari on my Mac....couldnt earlier, but could last night on my Surface Pro2 :confused:

Mike

dave92029

HI There Barry
These look great.

all the best
I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but Jono has posted many wonderful images produced using his Kit 28-70mm lens, that I'm very curious about what makes him say" the 24-70 zoom seems to be a success (even if rather an odd success)" ?

I am also using the 28-70mm Kit lens on my A7, and I haven't seen anyone post images with the 24-70mm that are as good or better than the results Jono obtained with his kit lens, so Why spend the money on essentially the same focal range?

Jono will you do a side by side comparison of the two lens to show us why you feel the 24-70 is a success?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.