The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Everybody may shoot shop windows, but yours are fascinating. Especially the following one, in which I like to get lost.. Inside and outside get fully mixed up, all that with a 3d feel. Those many orthogonal lines and the diagonals giving depth.. With the spheres and circles of the lamps and tables in counterpoint.. It is incredible how you manage to create order in the chaotic urban environment.
Thank you AnnnaT!
The photographs where the puzzle really gets complicated but at the same time show a new unforeseen stuctural order are my favourites as well.
I am really glad with your last sentence and if you allow me I may use it some time for a promotional text.

Lately I have been selling quiet a few of these series to art collecters, what makes me feel less quilty in spending my money on photographic gear. :)

Especially this one has been quiet popular. I almost sold the whole edition, 90 x 60 cm on aluminium with a matte protection folie.

W.Utsch

I can not compete with Michiels Windowdressing (my admiration) oc, but i like stores and shop windows as well, not only as a photographic object, i think they show a lot about the place and this goes fare off the economic side. They can tell sometimes more about the "Genius Loci" then other buildings etc...

If possible i try to mix inside/outside and include mirror effects.

Here is one more from Firenze (Zeiss ZE 18/3.5):

Quentin_Bargate

In New Orleans on business. What a great city. Visited the French quarter and the Spotted Cat Club for some jazz. A7r @6400 ISO, Zeiss 24-70mm.

scho

Another walkabout with the 50 Cron on the A7r. Only color showing around here at the moment is from the willows.

Annna T

Thank you AnnnaT!
The photographs where the puzzle really gets complicated but at the same time show a new unforeseen stuctural order are my favourites as well.
I am really glad with your last sentence and if you allow me I may use it some time for a promotional text.

Lately I have been selling quiet a few of these series to art collecters, what makes me feel less quilty in spending my money on photographic gear. :)

Especially this one has been quiet popular. I almost sold the whole edition, 90 x 60 cm on aluminium with a matte protection folie.
Feel free to use it if you like, no problem. I'm not surprised that they sell well, they are great pictures. You seem to have so many of them that they could also appear in a book ?

Godfrey

Sony A7 + Summicron-R 35mm f/2
ISO 5000 @ f/2.8 @ 1/60 s

Enjoy!

Michiel Schierbeek

Feel free to use it if you like, no problem. I'm not surprised that they sell well, they are great pictures. You seem to have so many of them that they could also appear in a book ?
I made some example books at a bookprinter and I was talking to an art book publisher here in the Netherlands but it didn't work out yet. But I think I will find a publisher for it eventually. I forgot about blurb books because I can't get the files to them.

Another problem is when is it finished? Because I am still working on it and I don't feel the pictures I take on this subject are getting worth yet. I made a selection of about 70 good ones till now.

Knorp

Today, I finally found something appropriate ... :D

| PENTAX-FA 1:1.8 77mm |

Quentin_Bargate

French quarter Friday night in New Orleans. Seriously low light! A7r, 24-70mm Zeiss, 1/50 sec F/4, ISO 6400

Processed in Camera raw, the noise is very reminiscent of high ISO film, not unpleasant, and the resolution is high enough that it does not impact the shot too much.

Godfrey

Sony A7 + Summicron-R 35mm f/2

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

G

"It takes a little time to see past the camera."

J

JohnW

Very nice utility room set, Godfrey. I really enjoy strong graphical themes, however mundane the subject. A couple of my own below.

John

J

JohnW

That's a very striking portrait, Werner. The expression, gesture, composition -- everything works together for a great presence.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.