The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knorp

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Bart, That's a few hundred meters from my house! This graffity guy is spreading some interesting texts around the neighbourhood.
Hi Michiel, this guy (?) is all over Amsterdam and active for a long time. Over the years I've collected quite a few texts ! Look for renovation or innovation building works and check the boardings.

Kind regards.

pegelli

Hi Michiel, this guy (?) is all over Amsterdam and active for a long time. Over the years I've collected quite a few texts ! Look for renovation or innovation building works and check the boardings.
Kind regards.
Apologies, it's not an a7(R) picture (an ordinary A850 one) but I was struck by this in June 2011, where the contrast between the message of the text and the padlock caught my eye. Never did anything with the pic until today however. Never thought this was from a guy who produced a lot more of these.

A850 + Min O 35/2

biglouis

Some Sony A7 photographs using the Voigtlander Ultron 21/1.8

Vauxhall Bus Station

Australian War Memorial, Hyde Park Corner

Daffodils, Green Park

Barry Haines

For some reason or other it was the picture by Knorp earlier, that made me remember this one I took in Wells Cathedral (Somerset) a couple of weeks back.
Sea of Steps at the Chapter House, Wells Cathedral....A7R 55mm FE
I apologize to Frederick Evans for not printing it on Platinotype paper but thank him for his original idea :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

I like the way the old Canon Serenar 50mm renders Black and White on the A7

Keith

Barry Haines

For Guy, as requested...All images taken with A7R and Voigtlander CV35/F1.2 Mk2 at various apertures (As best as I can remember).

Fowey - Cornwall.

A7R + Voigtlander 35/1.2 at f2

A7R + Voigtlander 35/1.2 at f4

A7R + Voigtlander 35/1.2 at f5.6

A7R + Voigtlander 35/1.2 at f8

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

Hello Keith, you've got an A7! :):thumbup:
Michiel
It's in anticipation of you starting a "Bokehgraphy with the Sony A7" thread.
Seriously, you are turning out great stuff since you retired - it's tough not to get inspired. I did manage to avoid the Sigma thing though. :D

dave92029

Love those classic cars, Dave. But I wonder, what's the Secret ?

Kind regards.
I'm not a member, but I suspect that because the members have so many exceptionally expensive cars, that the membership list is kept secret.
Here is a Ferrari F50, that was there today. Just over 300 were ever made and I believe that they sell for more than $500K. Cars of this value are not uncommon at club meetings, but very rare.
I expect that the members who are very friendly, and love to talk cars, probably want to maintain a low profile.
Everyone takes a deep breath, when someone puts there grandson behind the wheel of one of these cars for a driving lesson. Actually a very common event. :)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

For Guy, as requested...All images taken with A7R and Voigtlander CV35/F1.2 Mk2 at various apertures (As best as I can remember).

Fowey - Cornwall.

A7R + Voigtlander 35/1.2 at f2

A7R + Voigtlander 35/1.2 at f4

A7R + Voigtlander 35/1.2 at f5.6

A7R + Voigtlander 35/1.2 at f8

Barry thanks for posting these. I love the first one as it's exactly what I'm looking for. This lens has a nice look, it gets a bad rap for being big on a M camera. Which for me means its small. Lol

m_driscoll

A few more.

A7, 55mm f/1.8, 1/100s @ f/1.8, ISO 800

A7, 55mm f/1.8, 1/50s @ f/1.8, ISO 800

Cheers, Matt

biglouis

Last night at 20:30-21:30 various buildings in London turned off their lights for an hour in support of the WWF Earth Hour, designed to concentrate our minds on saving the planet. This is Parliament Square in London, with the usual lit bell tower of Big Ben in darkness.

All handheld high-iso capture, A7 + 55/1.8 and 35/2.8

Can't decide if I prefer the colour or b&w conversion of this capture.

You can see the dim outline of St Paul's in this shot taken from Waterloo Bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.