The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_driscoll

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

First shots with the A7r. The sunset was less then spectacular because the sun dropped behind some clouds over the Olympic Mountains. Next time.

A7r, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4, 70mm, 1/125s @ f/7.1; 2-2/3 EV, ISO 100

A7r, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4, 70mm, 1/25s @ f/4, ISO 800

A7r, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4, 70mm, 1/20s @ f/11, ISO 100

A7r, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4, 70mm, 1/10s @ f/14, ISO 100

A7r, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4, 70mm, 1/15s @ f/11, ISO 100

A7r, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4, 70mm, 1/15s @ f/11, ISO 100

Cheers, Matt

ZoranC

I can't express in words why I find this one so good, maybe because it evokes memories of walking back home late in windy winter nights after watching black & white celluloid in small town art theater, all I know is that I can hear it calling "Print me!".

iiiNelson

Yes, Newbie member...But not that new to reading the hilarious banter between you two guys over the years. :ROTFL:

HiredArm - Game of thrones – Sure, some attractive women – I have yet to spot the “good acting” though.
Peter Dinkage and that Geoffrey kid... I figure if he starts to make you despise him then he's doing a great acting job because that's the point.

Barry Haines

Peter Dinkage and that Geoffrey kid... I figure if he starts to make you despise him then he's doing a great acting job because that's the point.
I have 2 confessions.
GoT: I only watched the pilot...I thought the kid died falling off the battlements!...Who's Peter Drinkage. :ROTFL:
+
I still watch Pammy on my betamax....Don't you love the way she runs along the beach in slow motion, the acting is just incredible without fault I would go as far as saying :watch: :watch: :watch:

Barry Haines

54mp foveon sensor Sony A mount over on SAR at the moment.
I take news like that with a pinch of salt...As it's AF DAY.
Apologies off topic again.

scho

Reminds me, I need to visit Watkins Glen and take a drive along the Seneca lake again this summer.
Bring along a designated driver if you do the wine trail thing.:)

jonoslack

I've been playing with the Noctilux 0.95 with the A7r today.

Tomatoes!

scott kirkpatrick

Catch-up post, reacting to several earlier

I have found an A7r in my town, available for occasional loan, with no adapters for the nice R lenses but with some carefully selected Pentax lenses in an adapter. I thought of just sending away for an R adapter, but I know where that can lead. Not long ago I purchased an Olympus VF2 finder, since it was identical to but half the price of a Leica M[240] viewfinder. When I woke up, three Olympus M43 bodies and a whole host of lenses had followed me home. But I'm thinking of comparing the A7r with its Pentax 50/1.4 against my E-M1 or E-P5 with the PanaLeica 25/1.4...

And I noticed some surly remarks about Capture-One's grudging support of the newest Sony lenses. Well, sometimes I get impatient with them, too, but today I received the newsletter from their Imaging Professor (gotta trust a Professor, right?). They offer a new Forensics package, that can bring out things in your Raw file invisible to the naked eye. I am particularly looking forward to trying out the uncrop action...

Finally, it's not Dinkage, nor Drinkage, but Peter Dinklage. Fabulous actor, ever since Elf and The Station Agent! Nobody upstages him.

scott

jonoslack

And another (both at f0.95)

Caspar Snoozin Peacefully

Net Curtains (dammit)

jonoslack

Re: Catch-up post, reacting to several earlier

I have found an A7r in my town, available for occasional loan, with no adapters for the nice R lenses but with some carefully selected Pentax lenses in an adapter. I thought of just sending away for an R adapter, but I know where that can lead. Not long ago I purchased an Olympus VF2 finder, since it was identical to but half the price of a Leica M[240] viewfinder. When I woke up, three Olympus M43 bodies and a whole host of lenses had followed me home. But I'm thinking of comparing the A7r with its Pentax 50/1.4 against my E-M1 or E-P5 with the PanaLeica 25/1.4...

And I noticed some surly remarks about Capture-One's grudging support of the newest Sony lenses. Well, sometimes I get impatient with them, too, but today I received the newsletter from their Imaging Professor (gotta trust a Professor, right?). They offer a new Forensics package, that can bring out things in your Raw file invisible to the naked eye. I am particularly looking forward to trying out the uncrop action...

Finally, it's not Dinkage, nor Drinkage, but Peter Dinklage. Fabulous actor, ever since Elf and The Station Agent! Nobody upstages him.

scott
HI Scott
you're on thin ice: don't start comparing image quality between the Sony and µ43 - just remember the faster AF, the weather sealing, the smaller lenses and be happy, you seem to be teetering on the brink of a precipice!

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member

Jono, that is one of my two favorite Leica M lenses. Good to see it is still just as fantastic on the A7R. Thanks for posting this.

scho

A few shots from today's walk along the south end of the waterfront trail. All with A7r+Minolta M-Rokkor 28mm f/2.8.

A memorial fitness station on the trail.

One of the new fitness gadgets.

Just for the colors.

The fitness "Palace" on the east shore of the canal.

Trail looking south

Barry Haines

Another dull overcast flat lighting day here in beautiful Cornwall.
The only thing I could find with a bit of colour in it...Taken this afternoon at St. Mawes.
A7R + 50/f1.8 FE

(Apologies for misspelling Peter Dinklage)

Status
Not open for further replies.