The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Cornish Shells

St Mawes...Yet another grey Cornish day... A7R + 50/F1.8

2s 1d per gallon and 2s 3d per gallon...Very crudely calculates by today’s value at about 11 new (UK) pence per gallon by my reckoning...Typical price per gallon today is circa £5.90...So it really comes at no surprise that they have SOLD OUT!!!

Barry Haines

Excellent Barry! The 50/1.8 shines with you....
Very many thanks, most appreciated...My 50/F1.8 is my best lens IQ wise...I dare not use anything else here as the standard with you guys is all so very high.
To be honest I am having a job trying to keep up with you all, especially with all this gloomy weather going on:):):)
Cheers Barry

jonoslack

Hi Barry
50 f1.8 or 55 f1.8?
Isn't the weather dreadful. Back to Norfolk on Friday.

Barry Haines

Hi Barry
50 f1.8 or 55 f1.8?
Isn't the weather dreadful. Back to Norfolk on Friday.
My mistake, well spotted...I meant the 55/f1.8 (I no longer have a 50mm lens).

Back to Norfolk you lucky so and so...Say hello to the sun for me as I haven't seen it yet this year :(:(:(

Barry Haines

I always end up coming home early too. Much as I love Cornwall, the weather is just too grim!
I live close to Bodmin Moor and it doesn't get much grimmer than that!!!:cussing::cussing::cussing: not the greatest choice to retire to!

I need a second home (+ wife and cat) outside of the county, that's for sure...When either of you two (Jono and Tim) are passing this way on your way back home from St. Ives, please drop in and take me back with you.
:eek::eek::eek:

Cheers Barry

tashley

Subscriber Member

I live close to Bodmin Moor and it doesn't get much grimmer than that!!!:cussing::cussing::cussing: not the greatest choice to retire to!

I need a second home (+ wife and cat) outside of the county, that's for sure...When either of you two (Jono and Tim) are passing this way on your way back home from St. Ives, please drop in and take me back with you.

Cheers Barry
:D:D:D
I think the posse is passing on Friday...

f/otographer

I can't express in words why I find this one so good, maybe because it evokes memories of walking back home late in windy winter nights after watching black & white celluloid in small town art theater, all I know is that I can hear it calling "Print me!".
ZoranC, thank you for those words. Im very please that this image could evoke such a feeling from someone, especially expressed so elegantly. :)

scho

A few from a walk near the lake with A7r+Leica R 35-70 f/4 Vario-Elmar.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Some evidence that the FE 24-70 OSS is quite useful as a quasi-macro lens. These are all at 70 mm, centre crop. With so many mpx available, large prints are still possible.

jonoslack

I always end up coming home early too. Much as I love Cornwall, the weather is just too grim!
Hi Tim
Not coming home early, we always planned to come back on Friday . . . some faint hope of sun tomorrow - we're planning to drive to Penberth, walk to the pub at Treen for lunch, then walk down to Pednvounder to check out the sand and have a swim (maybe)

Cheers Barry
HI Barry - trouble is that if you're heading out of Cornwall then Bodmin Moor is too soon to stop . . . . and if you're heading into Cornwall then it's too late!

I actually love Cornwall, and I guess I'd move back down here if it was feasible (crappy weather notwithstanding) but then I'm a St Ives boy so why wouldn't I?

Aaaaah Barry - you want rescuing - I have two vicious dogs in my car, but I'll ask Emma if she'll pick you up in her nice 1994 Saab convertible

jonoslack

Bill - you have some very fine bugs down your way.

I was trying to think why being blue and red would be an aid to survival . . . but I gave up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.