The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Bill - you have some very fine bugs down your way.

I was trying to think why being blue and red would be an aid to survival . . . but I gave up :)
One blue and red grasshopper to another:
"Those humans are here again."
"Yeah, I know. Mostly pink, with little fluffy bit on top. What would that be an aid to their survival?'

G

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Just for the record, the grasshoppers are actually locusts I shot in South Africa. Our Canadian grasshoppers are just plain green. (And it's not easy being green!)
Bill

rayyen

Some casual photos with my son
A7R and Leica 35mm Summilux ASPH ver.1

rayyen

rayyen

Barry Haines

Hi Tim
Not coming home early, we always planned to come back on Friday . . . some faint hope of sun tomorrow - we're planning to drive to Penberth, walk to the pub at Treen for lunch, then walk down to Pednvounder to check out the sand and have a swim (maybe)

HI Barry - trouble is that if you're heading out of Cornwall then Bodmin Moor is too soon to stop . . . . and if you're heading into Cornwall then it's too late!

I actually love Cornwall, and I guess I'd move back down here if it was feasible (crappy weather notwithstanding) but then I'm a St Ives boy so why wouldn't I?

Aaaaah Barry - you want rescuing - I have two vicious dogs in my car, but I'll ask Emma if she'll pick you up in her nice 1994 Saab convertible
Well many thanks Jono for at least considering it - I wouldn't have even bothered personally.
Plus you have saved me from your 2 vicious dogs - What a thoroughly decent chap you are.
Could you please thank Emma on our behalf for the offer of a lift in her open top car in Cornwall’s monsoon season but we already have a 2014 VW Touran with a lid on it.
It's now become a mute point anyway as my wife, the cat and myself all took a vote (2 hands to one paw)...Actually I jest it was unanimous, the fact is NOBODY wanted to venture further south and deeper into Cornwall, especially closer to sea level after the current storms that we have experienced of late...So that’s great news as no need to stop and take us to St Ives, not that we wanted to go in that direction anyway!
From what I gather St Ives is looking set to being the next Atlantis with the predicted weather patterns (Storms, tsunamis etc...) So just think you could then be the boy from Atlantis and St Ives!
Anyway enough joviality (if that’s what this all is)...Hoping now to get this thread back on topic if at all possible.:clap::thumbs::clap:
Dogs view, Port Isaac...A7R + 55/f1.8

philip_pj

Re: Fun With Sony _____

These are with a900 with Contax 35-70 f3.4, in the Kosciuszko NP.

If any kind soul comes by, can you tell me how to have my images show full size in the page, I would appreciate it. The thumbnail idea loses a lot of detail, and it forces viewers to open the thumbnail, an extra server call.

When I add an attached file they get put in this little box you see..ta, phil

m_driscoll

A few from tonight. The Lake Washington Ship Canal (waterway to the left in the last two photos) and overlooking Ballard with Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains in the distance.

A7r, 24-70mm f/4, 64mm, 1/320s @ f/6.3, ISO 100

A7r, 24-70mm f/4, 64mm, 1/125s @ f/5.6, ISO 100

A7r, 24-70mm f/4, 68mm, 1/250s @ f/8, ISO 100

A7r, 24-70mm f/4, 60mm, 1/4s @ f/8, ISO 50

Cheers, Matt

Barry Haines

Quentin, Barry and Tim:

The only thing I know about Cornwall I read in a book called Tales and Legends. It said that aboriginally Cornwall was infested with Giants. And after seeing these giant rocks stacked like pebbles I guess I might believe it was true. From each of your various pictures I'd have to say it must be quite scenic.

Regards,
John
Hi John
Sorry I meant to get back earlier to you regarding your post.
I think that was a great little book if I remember correctly "Tales and legends" that I read as a child (suitable for both adults and children alike...Even better than Game of Thrones IMO) when my parents used to bring me down to St Ives on holiday in the mid 60's.
(BTW. The weather was good in those days or at least how I remember it - it was, but then I was only a kid and my memory is hazy now)

I managed about 5 years ago to pick up a very early edition of Robert Hunt's collected stories "Popular Romances of the West of England" or also known as "The Drolls, Traditions, Superstitions of old Cornwall"...If I remember correctly a lot of the stories from "Tales and Legends" were taken from it...But BEWARE some of the other stories from the original will scare you to death :shocked::shocked::shocked:...Definitely not all the stories are suitable for children.
Cheers Barry

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun With Sony _____

I wondered Philip, I really would like to see your fine images on a bigger size.

Whereever your images are located on the web. Rightclick on the image and copy url. If they are located in the Gallery of getdpi, you have to open them first to get the bigger size and then copy url.

In reply to thread click on the image icon (mountain with sun) and paste your url in there. Make sure it does not say twice http://.

If you want to have it in the middle, (only when you use advanced settings) select the whole url text you pasted and click on centered text icon.

Hope this is clear. If you use flickr there is another way. Let me know and I'll explain.

jfirneno

Hi John
Sorry I meant to get back earlier to you regarding your post.
I think that was a great little book if I remember correctly "Tales and legends" that I read as a child (suitable for both adults and children alike...Even better than Game of Thrones IMO) when my parents used to bring me down to St Ives on holiday in the mid 60's.
(BTW. The weather was good in those days or at least how I remember it - it was, but then I was only a kid and my memory is hazy now)

I managed about 5 years ago to pick up a very early edition of Robert Hunt's collected stories "Popular Romances of the West of England" or also known as "The Drolls, Traditions, Superstitions of old Cornwall"...If I remember correctly a lot of the stories from "Tales and Legends" were taken from it...But BEWARE some of the other stories from the original will scare you to death :shocked::shocked::shocked:...Definitely not all the stories are suitable for children.
Cheers Barry
Hello Barry:
I'll have to look into that source book. But don't worry about scary stories. Nothing is as scary as the stuff you hear about nowadays. Luckily there are still plenty of pleasant things to photograph (as this site proves) and pleasant people to talk to (in a written sort of a way).
Best regards,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.