The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

I know these buildings Bart ;) Not that I am living in one of them.

On the way to my framemaker in the north of Amsterdam I ran into this beautiful old school building from around 1930. (Always bring your camera)

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

You can see it's a crop Bill (or higher iso), but the pose in which you caught it, with the concentrated gaze towards the ground (or water surface) really makes it a nice catch.

EDIT: this comment is on the eagle, you posted some more shots inbetween while I was typing

Let me alternate again with some more 20 mm shots (on the NEX6). The more I use this little lens the more I like it.

Department of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering at the Leuven University (the oldest University of Belgium)

Arenberg Castle (also a University building)

Barry Haines

SPLIT ASUNDER

Padstow, Cornwall.
A7R + 35/f1.2 Voigtlander taken at F8

Sometimes it pays to step back and take a second image to help explain the first main image.

jonoslack

So many great photos
It ought to be worth keeping the camera just to keep posting in thus fantastic thread!
Excellent

f/otographer

Some more examples from my love affair with photography and the lovely A7 as the tool of choice. The first shot was taken with the 58/2 Biotar. The next three with the Yashica ML 50/1.7 and the last three with the Tamron 17a Adaptall 35-70mm f/3.5.

taking flight

an enviable bench

matt (former Senator from Guam and now Hi-Fi audio repairman....he does excellent work)

dirty sensor

tripping the light fantastic

still life with donkey

chloe

Professional

A question please

I would like to buy more batteries[spares], but i was thinking if i can buy it from ebay, any experience here about it? Like how long it takes for shipping? And how genuine is the battery? Price?

Godfrey

A question please

I would like to buy more batteries[spares], but i was thinking if i can buy it from ebay, any experience here about it? Like how long it takes for shipping? And how genuine is the battery? Price?
I've had good luck with the Wasabi batteries sold from Amazon.com. $29 for two batteries and a charger.

G

D

Deleted member 7792

Tareq,

I don't recommend buying other than the OEM Lithium-Ion batteries for any camera. The battery for the a7/a7R is a $39 item from B&H. Lithium-Ion batteries are nasty little devils and I don't trust any advertised on eBay unless OEM from a reputable retailer. YMMV.

Joe

Professional

I've had good luck with the Wasabi batteries sold from Amazon.com. $29 for two batteries and a charger.

G
I saw that, another member from another site linked me to that, but i was thinking more about original or say OEM one than 3rd party even it is very good excellent product.

Tareq,

I don't recommend buying other than the OEM Lithium-Ion batteries for any camera. The battery for the a7/a7R is a $39 item from B&H. Lithium-Ion batteries are nasty little devils and I don't trust any advertised on eBay unless OEM from a reputable retailer. YMMV.

Joe
And that is why i asked this question, i was looking for only OEM battery, i placed that on B&H 1 week ago, but i didn't pull the trigger to buy yet as i have other items to fill and also waiting for budget, now the budget is available and the items i want to buy are also filled, but still i don't want to go with more than 1 battery yet for that price, and if you are telling me that those ads on eBay are mostly spams then i prefer to avoid, even they are so cheap but i better save it for OEM Genuine one than cheaper more quantity and not sure they are genuine ones.

I may go with one from B&H now, and later i save more and buy another 1 or 2 if needed, i am planning to buy more SD cards which i have only one new i bought, so later i want to buy more than i can think to buy one more battery, just i hope i don't regret i passed those cheap choices on eBay if they work flawlessly as well, and even that of Wasabi sounds working perfectly i still don't want to buy 3rd party or non-OEM batteries.

dwood

not sure what happened there with the image from Flickr, but here it is again...

m_driscoll

From my office deck.

A7, Sony FE 28-70mm, 60mm, 1/40s @ f/8, ISO 500

A7, Sony FE 28-70mm, 56mm, 1/30s @ f/8, ISO 500

A7, Sony FE 28-70mm, 29mm, 1/30s @ f/8, ISO 500

Cheers, Matt

Godfrey

I saw that, another member from another site linked me to that, but i was thinking more about original or say OEM one than 3rd party even it is very good excellent product.

And that is why i asked this question, i was looking for only OEM battery, i placed that on B&H 1 week ago, but i didn't pull the trigger to buy yet as i have other items to fill and also waiting for budget, now the budget is available and the items i want to buy are also filled, but still i don't want to go with more than 1 battery yet for that price, and if you are telling me that those ads on eBay are mostly spams then i prefer to avoid, even they are so cheap but i better save it for OEM Genuine one than cheaper more quantity and not sure they are genuine ones.

I may go with one from B&H now, and later i save more and buy another 1 or 2 if needed, i am planning to buy more SD cards which i have only one new i bought, so later i want to buy more than i can think to buy one more battery, just i hope i don't regret i passed those cheap choices on eBay if they work flawlessly as well, and even that of Wasabi sounds working perfectly i still don't want to buy 3rd party or non-OEM batteries.
I have two OEM batteries and two Wasabi. I've been testing them, comparing their charge longevity and such. They are identical, far as I can tell. It's up to you to spend nearly 3x as much for Sony branded batteries if that's what makes you comfortable, never mind the 'free' charger thrown in. I understand the comfort issue.. Sometimes it's worth it. I don't think it is in this case, but that's me.

G

Godfrey

Both: Sony A7 + Elmarit-R 135mm f/2.8
ISO 100 @ f/4.7

From a neighborhood walkabout a week ago last Sunday.

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.