The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knorp

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

An Inquisitive Soul ...

:cussing: :banghead: :angry: :facesmack:

Professional

Well, thanks about that batteries issue.

I placed an order on one battery i think of OEM from B&H, doesn't matter how OEM it is, also i asked that because i don't like ordering from Amazon, they have idiot/stupid rules for shipping to my country, so i must ship to a private address in one of 3 countries [USA, UK, China], then from there they send to my country, very long time and also not cheap at long run at all, so i only have B&H[and similar such as Adorama] or eBay, and eBay shipping time is also long sometimes [10 days up to 3 weeks]

Ben Rubinstein

Sony A7 + Elmarit-R 24mm f/2.8
ISO 100 @ f/4.7 @ 1/250 s

From this morning's walk.
Thanks for looking, comments always appreciated.

G
I've been off the thread for a few days but catching up this image really stands out for such incredible control of tonality. It's just a pleasure to look at. I'm sure the print will be unbelievable.

Godfrey

Thanks Ben! I'm holding off printing it until I reload the Photo Blavk ink and use some Exhibition Fiber or similar paper for this one. I'll test on my usual matte papers, but I think the flat surface will kill the sparkle in it.

G

tashley

Subscriber Member

Here are a few from today's first trip of the year to the loveliest bluebell wood I know. I shot them on the A7R and the 24-70 and 55 F1.8 and was able to check them on the spot on my new Surface Pro, which I love and hate by turns. But at least there's now a machine that is small and light for hiking and travel but runs full lightroom, or behaves like a tablet when required.

W.Utsch

Thanks Ben! I'm holding off printing it until I reload the Photo Blavk ink and use some Exhibition Fiber or similar paper for this one. I'll test on my usual matte papers, but I think the flat surface will kill the sparkle in it.

G
Have you tried Hahnemühle PhotoRag Bright White?

I suppose you are on an 3800/3880, BW printed with the ABW Driver on this paper works excellent with very good blacks and a sparkling white and an outstanding overall tonality..

Reg.
Werner

Michiel Schierbeek

Here are a few from today's first trip of the year to the loveliest bluebell wood I know. I shot them on the A7R and the 24-70 and 55 F1.8 and was able to check them on the spot on my new Surface Pro, which I love and hate by turns. But at least there's now a machine that is small and light for hiking and travel but runs full lightroom, or behaves like a tablet when required.
Hi Tim,

What do you love and hate on the Surface Pro so far in short? I am curious!

Lovely images!

jlm

Workshop Member

after trying many, my fav B/W paper is Canson Satin Baryta (been printing in piezo with it)

W.Utsch

Tim, nice shots!

For my taste your new borders are to wide posted here and i would not show the filename.

No Windows for me :), but having full LR is nice on a tablet for sure...

Annna T

This third one stands out, it is my favorite of the lot.

Interesting that Surface Pro : I'd be glad to hear more about your experiences with it, which model and and why you chose it. I need something for this summer and I'm hesitating.. But I think I will rather get a laptop in order to get a) enough power and b) a good enough display which can be somewhat calibrated and a little more trustful for tones and colors.

tashley

Subscriber Member

Thanks for the comments everyone!

The Surface Pro is often a revelation, there are so many things I like about it but it is also, unfortunately very unstable and can be quite hard to use: for example, getting the trackpad to do what you want is a real challenge (it is inconsistent between applications and I can't seem to change that) and it keeps on crashing and freezing, like win doze machines of old. For example I am currently typing this in a Mac Pro because the Surface has taken fifteen minutes and a restart to wake form simple sleep. So all in all, though I wish Apple made something with this form factor, I'm afraid that IMHO the Microsoft attempt shows exactly why they have lost so much ground in the past few years. It just feels like a beta, even though it's the second version. Pity.

tashley

Subscriber Member

Back on the Surface now that it has deigned to wake up - regarding the frame size and so on for the photos, they were done from Lightfoot on the Surface and it is a teething issue with setting up an identity plate (no likeable fonts) and with getting Custom Page sizes, which I can't do in Windows in any clear way but which is a breeze on a Mac.. so in the end I gave up!

W.Utsch

That does not sound to good Tim.
As much that i love my iPad, the new LR Mobile is as well not very useful..
On the way with car i always take the MBP with me.

tashley

Subscriber Member

Trouble is with the MBP that when you travel with it and an ipad, it starts to get too heavy with all the camera gear too. I really weaned the Surface to be goof but it is waaay too glitchy for serious use IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.