The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Its so simple to fix in PS just go to PT lens under filters and it pops right up and just okay it.

Reason I sold my 24-70 for now was its not supported except in LR and ACR but not C1 or a Plugin for it, so Ill wait it out and see what happens. Plus I rather shoot primes anyway. BTW I do NOT have LR and I will never buy it either. And i hate ACR with a venom, crap interface. But hey thats me being picky.

Professional

Finally i placed an order for FE 55mm and also Metabones adapter[III] today, just i have to wait long time because the shipping will take long time, maybe longer than 1 week, also i ordered a charger with 2 batteries and hope they are good and not defective and no issues after long time use.

I can't wait to start using this camera, now the only thing i need is a plate to place this camera on the tripod.

scho

I made a Lightroom lens profile for the 14mm, if anyone wants to try it.

Once it's installed, you just have to choose Sony as the camera and the lens will show up in the list. I have the Rokinon version, so I named it that way, but it will work for the other brands as well.

Here it is:
Thank you for sharing Mike. Your lens profile works well with my Rokinon 14mm T3.1 on the A7r in LR5.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

thanks philber.

I really like this thread to stay a bit active. I don't have (or plan to get) an a7(R) in the near future so can't join specific thread one, allthough a lot of pictures in there are really excellent and would inspire me to contribute :banghead:. I wonder how long I can hold out until the GAS takes over :loco:

So it will have to be here for the time being

Like this Orchid with my A 850 and the older Minolta 100/2.8 D macro lens

ypamine

As always, lots of very pleasing and impressive contributions in this thread.

I for once managed to take some pictures of the kids in the early morning light:

Sony A7 with Canon 85/1.2 FD L

jaree

Werner - lovely results with the 100 APO.
Ypamine - very very nice image!
Michiel - The light in the first shot is gorgeous and the slight flare actually adds a nice touch to the image.

Excellent shots by everyone, may I request that we keep including the lens data used in the photos?

FlypenFly

OM 50mm F1.4

All wide open. It's really not sharp at F1.4 but it's sharp enough. I enjoy the rendering. I don't even mind the flare.

I think I might try out the C/Y 50mm F1.7. That seems to be sharp wide open.

f/otographer

OM 50mm F1.4

All wide open. It's really not sharp at F1.4 but it's sharp enough. I enjoy the rendering. I don't even mind the flare.

I think I might try out the C/Y 50mm F1.7. That seems to be sharp wide open.
Which CY 50/1.7 do you mean? The Yashica ML 50/1.7 or the Zeiss Planar 50/1.7? They are both in my opinion great lenses but the Yashica really has the edge. I have had several copies of the ML 50/1.7 and they have all been incredible performers, the copy that I own now being the best I have ever found. I have tested three different Planar 50/1.7's against it and each one exhibited more CA then my Yashica ML. I HIGHLY recommend that lens. On top of it all, the Yashica is all metal and the Zeiss is partially plastic. Not a huge thing but its true.

I always admired the OM series and tired to get into it several times. But the copies of the lenses that I had just didnt perform the way I wanted to. Which is a shame because they are absolutely beautiful lenses, small and jewel like. I was just never able to mesh with them tho, although I have seen stunning imagery from others using them.

The good thing about getting into the CY system is the huge amount of great lenses to choose from on both the Yashica and Contax Zeiss sides.

scho

A7r + Samyang 24mm f/3.5 TS (Nikon mount), Novoflex adapter with ASAT-NEX tripod mount, about 1 degree downward tilt. Ice is gone and marina is almost ready for the boats.

Status
Not open for further replies.