The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Nice shot kapil, moody B&W conversion.
And it's not about the equipment, it's all about the eye

Same combo as your shot:

kapil Syal

Nice shot kapil, moody B&W conversion.
And it's not about the equipment, it's all about the eye

Same combo as your shot:

brilliant!!
what a perfect way to illustrate your point "" and its not about the equipment, it's about the eye""

god bless ..

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Pulled shadows up a touch added black and the secret don't tell anyone in PS dodging tool on highlights at 10 percent just paint your highlights a touch. I did play with a little saturation. Now I would much rather do this in C1 with the color editor and pick my colors and play there as it's much more accurate. Most folks forget to dodge and burn. Okay old dog that did more darkroom work than I care to talk about but old school still carries over.

Professional

Finally it is here

Can't wait to start using it with my A7R, but which lens i should start with....?!!!

biglouis

Some wide angle captures using the A7 + Voigtlander SW 15mm Heliar f4.5, that I acquired this week.

Yes, it smears and it has colour shift but on the other hand the compositional possibilities and the dramatic output is worth it.

This is the fourth time I have owned this lens. I had two first versions for my M8 and finally the newer m-bayonet version. In between my first and second copy I had the Leica WATE. When that reached a value equivalent to the GDP of a small country, I sold the WATE invested the money and bought another CV 15.

When I sold my Leica kit I sold the lens, never thinking I would have the opportunity to use one again. Thank you, Sony.

Incidentally, from my experience on the M8 I know it is not even necessary to focus this lens. I just put it on f8 and set it to infinity. Everything between 3ft and infinity is, in effect, in focus.

Some Regent's Canal stuff

This kind of shot is hard to create with anything else...

Good example of the type of dramatic perspective possible, although there is obvious distortion.

For architectural interiors it opens up a lot of possibilities - mind you so did my Fuji GSW690 but it weighed about 3 times this combination! New King's Cross canopy, opened in 2013.

It allows certain creative possibilities that go beyond even a 21mm lens. This is detail from the frieze surrounding Paul Day's 'Meeting Point' (foreground) and in the background the latest installation art, 'Chromolocomotion' by David Batchelor, at St Pancras International Station, London.
Note that this is a 6x7 crop - the 15mm allows the ability to extract in a format most suitable and of course the 24mm sensor allows a lot of 'cropability'. Good combination.

A dramatic full frame shot of the 'Betjemin' statue showing other installations and a good deal of the restored Barlow Engine Shed at St Pancras.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Dang this wants me to throw in my 14mm in the bag when I go to NY the end of the month. I love these extreme wide angle looks. Was trying to go light weight. I'm actually going to rent the 24-70 for the trip and a gig I need to do the next day I get back to try and lighten the load. BTW my trip to NY is shooting NY. Love those kinds of fun trips just go shoot stuff.

pegelli

Thanks kapil, allthough I also have to admit I'm an equipment whore just like most of the others here. But hey, for me it's a hobby so it really doesn't matter deep down that the equipment only has a minority effect on the end result :loco:

For Good Friday I went to the St Rumbold Cathedral in Mechelen

Interior

Jesus dies on the cross

Covered face

All NEX6 with the tiny, but very likable E20/2.8

Excuse me for being so late in posting a Cat Picture, I know it's one of the first things you're supposed to do when you get a new lens.

This is the Zeiss 2.8 28mm in C/Y mount. It's quite sharp, but this was at f2.8, so I had to sharpen the cat a bit. Her name is Elizabeth.

[/url]Bedroom with small cat and big dream by thompsonkirk, on Flickr[/IMG]

(I'm not sure why the image is so small, but if you click on it, it gets larger.)

D&A

Excuse me for being so late in posting a Cat Picture, I know it's one of the first things you're supposed to do when you get a new lens.

This is the Zeiss 2.8 28mm in C/Y mount. It's quite sharp, but this was at f2.8, so I had to sharpen the cat a bit. Her name is Elizabeth.

[/url]Bedroom with small cat and big dream by thompsonkirk, on Flickr[/IMG]

(I'm not sure why the image is so small, but if you click on it, it gets larger.)
I clicked on image...but cat jumped! :)

Does anyone know if the Zeiss 28mm f2.8 in C/Y mount is the same optical formula as the Zeiss ZM 28mm f2.8 lens? If so, that may be why Elizabeth is soft (no silly, not from jumping when I clicked on pic)...but the ZM version of that lens does have somewhat soft corners when shot at the wider apertures.

Dave (D&A)

Professional

My first out-going with A7R + TSE24II

I don't know my impression yet, the weather is very hot and i was sweating, dusty, i don't have a plate for this to put on tripod, and i forgot that standard Manfrotto cameras plate so i was carrying the Manfrotto tripod pointless, all these are handheld.

Status
Not open for further replies.