The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryan Aqajani

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Hi everyone,

I never thought I would buy a digital 35mm camera until this A7R came to market! Purchased it a month ago with a Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f/1.5 lens. My wife and I are really enjoying this combo :D

The following shots were taken with a Canon 50mm f/0.95 which I borrowed from a friend for couple of weeks.

Godfrey

I clicked on image...but cat jumped! :)

Does anyone know if the Zeiss 28mm f2.8 in C/Y mount is the same optical formula as the Zeiss ZM 28mm f2.8 lens? If so, that may be why Elizabeth is soft (no silly, not from jumping when I clicked on pic)...but the ZM version of that lens does have somewhat soft corners when shot at the wider apertures.
I can't imagine that it would be the same optical formula. It has to mount on an ~45mm flange to image plane register for the Contax/Yashica SLRs vs ~28mm for the RF mount register, and it's a Distagon design vs a Biogon design.

G

W.Utsch

@Louis: Many thanks...

@Tareq: Very nice shots. I am using that combo as well and think it works exceptional good. Using it handheld a lot , with and without movements (works better than with the 5DMKII)

@Aryan: Beautiful portraits. You won't regret the A7 R :)

biglouis

@Louis: Many thanks...

@Tareq: Very nice shots. I am using that combo as well and think it works exceptional good. Using it handheld a lot , with and without movements (works better than with the 5DMKII)

@Aryan: Beautiful portraits. You won't regret the A7 R :)
Werner, I have just acquired the last version Elmarit 90/2.8 - or the 'poor-man's APO 90' as I like to call it :grin:

Very sharp but does not have the 'glow' of the 90/2.

LouisB

W.Utsch

Louis, my 90/2, i have it for 30 years. Now with the A7R it shines again....
My very best regards!

johnnygoesdigital

Aryan,

I've always loved your RZ portraits, and am interested in what you'll do with the A7r.
I too, purchased one (A7) and sold my RZ, but only to get an Ebony 4x5:)
The Sony A7/r's have this kind of "aura" in which I want to pick it up and go shoot. It motivates to be more artistic and explore many different lenses. Something my MFD's and Leica S never did for me

D

Deleted member 7792

Pulled shadows up a touch added black and the secret don't tell anyone in PS dodging tool on highlights at 10 percent just paint your highlights a touch. I did play with a little saturation. Now I would much rather do this in C1 with the color editor and pick my colors and play there as it's much more accurate. Most folks forget to dodge and burn. Okay old dog that did more darkroom work than I care to talk about but old school still carries over.
Old dog, new tricks. Thanks Guy.

Joe

Godfrey

There's something just a little ironic about that one, Werner. :)

Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.