The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

f/otographer

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Teaching a new generation about bikes and music from the 70's. Working on an old Steyr Clubman while jamming to Bad Co. on vinyl, both circa 1974. Yes, that is the same Steyr that makes guns. Back in the 70's Steyr bikes were part of the Austro Daimler and Puch lines. A7 with Yashica ML 35/2.8.

biglouis

| LEICA APO-MACRO-ELMARIT-R 1:2.8/100 |
Amazing exposition of the APO-MACRO-ELMARIT - wondered what that would be like on an A7/R. I am currently using a Sigma DP3M as my macro lens which produced better results than any other macro I have used. However, these look fantastic and would certainly be an alternative for me.

LouisB

W.Utsch

Louis, the Apo-Macro 100 is an excellent lens on the A7. Great Macro performance and perfect mid tele for landscape or portrait.

Barry Haines

Just a quick message to say that I have enjoyed seeing other peoples images and posting a few myself.
But I will have to take time out and hope to post again someday later on...As already a lot of my time is spent looking after my elderly father who has advanced dementia and now my mother has just had a stroke over Easter, this will be a full time commitment now for both me and my wife Alison...In the meantime happy snapping guys.
Cheers Barry

W.Utsch

Barry, that's sad. We will miss you.
Wish you all the best with my
best regards and respect.
W.

Professional

Finally, the lens FE 55mm arrived yesterday and i brought from the Post office, will use it later another time when i will test Canon lenses first, just the weather getting hot these days so i may wait very long to test it :-(

benroy

Subscriber Member

Barry: been in the same boat with same circumstances for a few years now...you will get through it...keep the photography interest alive...it provides valuable stimulus and distraction from what you and your family are going through.

Roy Benson

Godfrey

Barry,

My sympathies and support. It's always tough, but you have the right priorities. I look forward to seeing more of your photography when you can get back to it. I hope for the best for you and them.

Stefan Steib

Tilt with Revuenon(VivitarVMC) 1,2/55mm @f8 Sony A7R
Spring in Germany Bodensee- Langenargen

psy501

..ha..funny..i am sitting in steyr right now as my wife lives here..its the town that gave the company that made the famous clubman and that also makes car components and guns its name..

..this world is getting smaller everyday..;)

Teaching a new generation about bikes and music from the 70's. Working on an old Steyr Clubman while jamming to Bad Co. on vinyl, both circa 1974. Yes, that is the same Steyr that makes guns. Back in the 70's Steyr bikes were part of the Austro Daimler and Puch lines. A7 with Yashica ML 35/2.8.

Professional

Barry, i understand your situation, i lost my mom 4 weeks ago [and dad almost 3.5 years ago], so i left with a wife and 2 kids and 1 sister, and i also lost or left my job, so i am in much worse or more difficult condition/situations than you, but i will always try to enjoy photography when i can, life is short and we are always full of responsibilities and busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.