The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonoslack

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Amazing exposition of the APO-MACRO-ELMARIT - wondered what that would be like on an A7/R. I am currently using a Sigma DP3M as my macro lens which produced better results than any other macro I have used. However, these look fantastic and would certainly be an alternative for me.

LouisB
Hi Louis
Dangerous to base your lens buying on photographs by Bart. . . they are always fantastic, but there's a point where it's the photographer and not the lens.

Mind you, I want that lens too :angel::clap::LOL:

ZoranC

As already a lot of my time is spent looking after my elderly father who has advanced dementia and now my mother has just had a stroke over Easter, this will be a full time commitment now for both me and my wife Alison...
Family always comes first. Best wishes.

Shac

Playing around with a 105/4 macro Nikkor Ai on the A7 with Zerene Stacker

biglouis

Hi Louis
Dangerous to base your lens buying on photographs by Bart. . . they are always fantastic, but there's a point where it's the photographer and not the lens.

Mind you, I want that lens too :angel::clap::LOL:
Jono

Of course, I did not wish to diminish the quality of the photographer. Clearly, Bart is showing how a skilled photographer can exploit the lens to its best potential.

LouisB

biglouis

Demise of St Alphage High Walk, London Wall, London: Looking obliquely across Fore Street behind London Wall, at the progress of the demolition of St Alphage High Walk. The crane in the photograph is the highest free standing crane in London and has been used to demolish St Alphage House. This building was similar to the 1960s block on the left of the photograph. Clearly, this is now prime building land and I expect London Wall to finally shake off any memories of the 1960s by new builds in the next two years. Sony A7+CV15/4.5

Barry Haines

Many thanks to everybody that has responded regarding my mother’s stroke and my father’s dementia, it's been most appreciated by both me and Alison.
We have been both genuinely touched. Neither of us expected such warmth considering I have only been with GetDPI for such a short period and still the noobie here.
It is quite clear that others have been through the same problems as Alison and I...They seem to know and fully understand our predicament and wish to share their experiences which we thank everybody for as it does help.
We are both only children with no children of our own to help us through this awkward time and it is indeed time consuming. Anyway yes, I will look in from time to time and post images whenever I get a free moment.
Thanks again everybody and keep on taking great images with your A7/R.
Cheers Barry and Alison.

Happier times...Mother on her 82nd Birthday.
A7R 50mm Summilux-M Asph. taken at f1.4 last year.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Barry, This is a wonderful photo of your Mom. I'm sure it will bring you comfort in the years ahead. Try to join in from time to time. Caregivers need a break, too.

Aryan Aqajani

Aryan,

I've always loved your RZ portraits, and am interested in what you'll do with the A7r.
I too, purchased one (A7) and sold my RZ, but only to get an Ebony 4x5:)
The Sony A7/r's have this kind of "aura" in which I want to pick it up and go shoot. It motivates to be more artistic and explore many different lenses. Something my MFD's and Leica S never did for me
Thanks for the compliments :) I love my RZ and it is the camera that inspires me the most no matter I shoot film or digital! The whole setup is heavy as hell but satisfactory for me! We got this A7R to be used mainly by my wife and occasionally by me. That being said, this camera is inspiring too as long as one uses a manual focus lens on it IMHO!

Godfrey

Nice picture, Godfrey. A b&w conversion would also work nicely with this one, I think.
Thanks Douglas.

I tried a B&W first, it didn't sing to me. Maybe I'll go back and try it again.

This rendering is a subdued color palette: I like the subtle colors of the handle and the rust on the blade.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.