The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professional

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Wonderful! Tareq, please state the lens(-es) used
thorkil
Thank you very much!

It is a continuous of my first out testing the camera, that day i used only Canon TS-E 24mm II, i will post more from that day results here later.

biglouis

Wonderful mood Louis!!, ((but allow me to say so: :))....although the 100% Keystone corr. makes the left Building look a bit like splitted inside by an big ax from the top)
Thorkil
Thorkil, I agree. And I will play with the distortion setting more to see if I can improve on it.

In fact you are touching on a question I would like to ask of your or perhaps anyone on the forum with experience of using Tilt-Shift lenses.

Would a TS lens fully eliminate such distortions?

Louis

Michiel Schierbeek

Louis a TS lens will help for these kind of architectural shots to get everything straight, but likely it will become tripod work. Don't know if you fancy that.

Thorkil

Hi Louis
I'm not expirienced with TS-lenses (but I would guess)
But Keystone is often used 100% (and I nearly often think it looks weird), and I often tend to think that some natural distortion is better than 100% correction, because thats the way our eyes see it, but our mind know that the lines ought to be vertical, and do the "psykological" correction. And when the Keystones try to do the same, at 100%, it goes wrong. It has to be a compromise then, and one has to find a "naturel" hand-made(/individuel)balance between right and wrong, I think.
thorkil
(Michiel was a bit faster :))

jlm

Workshop Member

super quick shot with a7r fe 55, underexposed 3 stops! and brought back to life with capture one. one of 4 sculptural bases we made for the Pinta, Coca, Ninia and Santa Maria ship models, base top is 7' long

Last edited:

philip_pj

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Contax's odd and quirky Sonnar 100mm f3.5. By the look of its MTF its image circle would cover a much larger frame, corner quality is within 5% of that in the very centre. Exactly 7,070 of them were made, up to around 1995, in three batches. It's as good on the a7r as the FE55. I'll post more from it.

philip_pj

Contax 100mm f3.5 ctd. Being able to use manual focus lenses opens the door to so many older lenses, many of them fully capable of shining on today's (and tomorrow's) sensors. Mine is around 20 years old.

philip_pj

These are all from the decaying but fascinating old Portuguese precinct of Fontainhas - in Panjim, Goa, India.

f 10

Sorry for the late answer

Great pic! How is this lens on the A7r? I've been looking for a FD 24mm f2 but as I already have an Oly adaptor...
The lens is not bad, but not perfect.
Edge blur at open aperture, but no smearing and no color shift,
Stopping down one aperture is a significant increase in quality.
It is very sharp, the slight chromatic aberration is quickly disappeared in C1.

It is quite small and compact.

I would prefer f1.4. Canon 1.4 / 24mm is very good, but for me too great and the Summilux 24mm is too expensive.

I hope Voigtländer will bring an M-mount at the Photokina.

The Zuiko has the character of old lenses.
If you like this, you'll be very happy with the lens

My breath has been taken away! Reminds me of Ghursky's Rhein II except it is way much better!
I'll try to sell the image for the same price :D:D

f 10

really good ;)

small edits in C1Pro, no post with Photoshop

but, its not a good solution for architecture
The distortion looks like a dovetail

.... but for landscape, it's nice

sorry for the size
a7r | Olympus Zuiko 2/24mm

scho

Three images from the A7r+Leica R 35-70 f/4 Vario-Elmar taken today at the Arboretum ponds.

Status
Not open for further replies.