The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnygoesdigital

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Thanks, Johnny. The 50mm focal length is my favorite. My favorite M lens is the 50 rigid that I was so lucky to get from you. It has great color. I like my 1937 Contax CZJ 50 f/1.5 for its unique draw. My Japanese Summilux Canon 50 f/1.4 is great on contrasty days. I have a 50 f/2 10 blade Summitar on my M2. And last, but not least, the 50mm f/1.8 FE!:eek:

Thanks for the Likes everyone!
Cindy,

I'm glad your enjoying the 50 rigid! I miss that lens and will probably look for more leica glass for my A7. Did you post any pics taken with the 1937 Contax? I'd love to see the rendering of that too. Keep up the great work!

Godfrey

A7r and Leica 50 f/1.4 Summilux-R

Lovely photos, Cindy!
That Summilux-R 50 is just a delightful lens, isn't it?

I have to pull out my Nikkor 50/1.2 AI-S and compare it sometime. I know it's quite different in rendering style, particularly at and near wide open ... :)

G

Barry Haines

Apologies for rehashing the same old images again of the Fishermen at Sennen but I just thought the old fashioned antique postcard type treatment kind of suited the subject matter perhaps better than the conventional saturated colour images that I posted earlier. Actually the real truth is I am not getting much free time at the moment to go out and take any new snaps!
A quick update as I have received a number of PM's from members...Many thanks.
My Mum is now back at home from hospital and is doing amazingly well, she can now walk about the bungalow unaided (out of the wheelchair) but both are suffering from severe memory loss, needless to say they still need quite a lot of supervision during the day. The OT and PT have been absolutely brilliant helping them both at home and the BT lifeline telephone support gives us back our evenings...Cheers Barry.

A7R + 55mm FE All done with a preset I made in Nik Silver Efex Pro 2.

Professional

Really like this one, Tareq!

G

Thank you very much!

It was a coincidence or an accident, i was trying to get the composition of those architectural design or windows of the mosque on the wall in perspective, and by sudden one worker was passing, so i took the shot to have a human element in the shot, it adds more than if i shoot that image without a human there even it will be good as well.

In fact, i have to return back to enjoy photography to have good shots, most of the time when i go online including this site and watching many with latest and so expensive gear with wonderful beautiful shots from beautiful places i feel i can't do anything and i must give up, but i hate to give up something i love.

Godfrey

Barry,

Good to hear your mum is doing better.
I like the antiqued postcard look, but I'd rather the age-color was a bit less. It seems just a hair too deep.

G

Barry Haines

Barry,

Good to hear your mum is doing better.
I like the antiqued postcard look, but I'd rather the age-color was a bit less. It seems just a hair too deep.

G
Re: My Mum...Thank you.

I think you are right Godfrey :facesmack: ...A bit to yellow and muddy (no contrast remaining)...To late to re-edit them now and I won't inflict them all on you again. :LOL:
Cheers Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.