The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quentin_Bargate

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Guys, guys, guys, get a grip there! Its the CAMERA and the photo that really matters....isn't it? :rolleyes:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

No hot wheels wins always. Well hot women ain't to bad either. Regardless I'm up for adoption . Lol

Great shot

m_driscoll

Lake Union and South Park.

A7r, Zeiss C/Y, 1/1600s. ISO 100

A7r, Sony Zeiss 55mm F/1.8 1/800s @ f/6.3, ISO 200

A7r, Sony Zeiss 55mm F/1.8 1/125s @ f/5.6, ISO 200

A7r, Sony Zeiss 55mm F/1.8 1/250s @ f/5.6, ISO 200

Cheers, Matt

ZoranC

Its the CAMERA and the photo that really matters....isn't it? :rolleyes:
I already offered you to trade my A7R for your Aston but didn't hear anything back so I guess your silence answered your own question :)

Personally, if I had to choose between taking a photo and taking such ride into a corner on a switchback I wouldn't waste even a fraction of a second thinking before reaching for keys.

P.S. OK, OK, you are driving a hard bargain, I will throw in my 35/2.8 too if that will seal the deal.

Godfrey

Sony A7 + Elmarit-R 24mm f/2.8

Sony A7 + Summilux-R 50mm f/1.4

A few symbolic still life photos from the home of the folks who so kindly put me up the first few days I was on the Isle of Man this year. They run a sheep farming business.

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

MikalWGrass

Re: Fun With Sony _____

A few shots of my son playing flag football. My son is the one in the blue shirt pursuing the quarterbacks. All shot with Sony a900 and Sony 70-200/2.8G. I think that I have reached the limit of the AF on the a900 because sometimes it was painfully slow.:cussing:

ivanalmost1 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

ivangrab by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

ivangrabalmost1 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

ivangrabalmost2 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

This last shot is of my oldest. He is the redhead closest to the camera who was expecting the pass to be thrown until it was intercepted. The kid who intercepted the ball looks like he is posing for the camera.

AustinFlag12 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

m_driscoll

Cactus in the neighbor's yard.

A7r, Zeiss Makro-Planar 1:2,8 100mm, 1/1600, ISO 100

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Some more cacti.

A7r, Zeiss Makro-Planar 1:2,8 100mm, 1/200, ISO 2000

A7r, Zeiss Makro-Planar 1:2,8 100mm, 1/200, ISO 2000

A7r, Zeiss Makro-Planar 1:2,8 100mm, 1/500, ISO 1250

Cheers, Matt

W.Utsch

This image literally jumped off the screen for me. And excellent industrial shot that I would print out and put on the wall. Amazingly done sir.
Thank's :):)

Have printed the "Light" pic already at A2, the biggest i can. In all modesty i like that pic a lot.
For me it is an emblem or a metaphor for Photography as such: Writing with light - Light written.

@Barry, thanks as well. The 18/3.5 has excellent detail all over the frame.

Thorkil

Guys, guys, guys, get a grip there! Its the CAMERA and the photo that really matters....isn't it? :rolleyes:
Yes, of course it's only about the camera and the Picture (which is just slightly pale) :D
(but don't tell me it's the 12-cylinder version, and don't tell me its with the B&O sound system with those extravagant loudspeakersculptures that slowly pops up...and when the design is Danish and the sound system too, you can't go wrong :rolleyes:...luckily I'm too old for those ambitions (don't even dare to restore my 850 Norton Commando that I for 30 years ago put into a racing frame and rebalanced the crankshaft (all by myself)....but I have to admit that the only thing that brought my blood in my veins up in boiling temperature in the last years, is that completely silly Morgan 3-wheeler...and still do every time I look at a video with it...was about selling my holiday house just to get it (unfortunately cost 140.000$/85.000£ in Denmark)...but the solution was just not looking at 3-wheeler videos any more)
But you’re right.....what a nice camera you got there :p
thorkil

Quentin_Bargate

Slightly pale is a good description of my bank manager :thumbup:

V12 6 litre, but just the Linn medium level upgrade hi-fi, sorry! Morgan Three wheelers - at least you save on tyres...

Yes, of course it's only about the camera and the Picture (which is just slightly pale) :D
(but don't tell me it's the 12-cylinder version, and don't tell me its with the B&O sound system with those extravagant loudspeakersculptures that slowly pops up...and when the design is Danish and the sound system too, you can't go wrong :rolleyes:...luckily I'm too old for those ambitions (don't even dare to restore my 850 Norton Commando that I for 30 years ago put into a racing frame and rebalanced the crankshaft (all by myself)....but I have to admit that the only thing that brought my blood in my veins up in boiling temperature in the last years, is that completely silly Morgan 3-wheeler...and still do every time I look at a video with it...was about selling my holiday house just to get it (unfortunately cost 140.000$/85.000£ in Denmark)...but the solution was just not looking at 3-wheeler videos any more)
But you’re right.....what a nice camera you got there :p
thorkil

Thorkil

Slightly pale is a good description of my bank manager :thumbup:

V12 6 litre, but just the Linn medium level upgrade hi-fi, sorry! Morgan Three wheelers - at least you save on tyres...
:thumbup:
...and about Hi-fi, 3-wheelers and camera's, not the least, it's as with everything else in life....less is more :D
thorkil

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.