The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Re: Fun With Sony _____

NEX5NIR on a RhinoCam with 80mm f/2.8 Hasselblad Planar. Eight shot (4x2) Stitch using AutoPano Pro. 113 MP image after cropping. Small image below links to 25% file. Detail is a 100% crop from original (note fly on rock). Tried using the A7r on the RhinoCam and although it will mount in horizontal mode OK, you can only do a 3 shot pano stitch.

100% detail crop

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Here are some examples of the Zeiss 50mm f1.4 Planar, in Contax/Yashica mount, on A7. The examples are:

f8, soft sunlight,
f8, sun and cross light,
f1.4, soft and fairly flat light, and
f1.4, contrasty light (& bokeh).

Along with the larger versions on Flickr I posted some comments. All are full frame (with perspective correction). The green bar in-a-square is a stitch of two frames. For a generation it was just Bill McNally's bar; only recently is it claiming 'Irish Pub' cache.

This is the most satisfying 50mm I've tried, including pre-aspherical Summilux-M. With this and other lenses, my A7 files consistently need less color correction than my M9 files.

Kirk

50mm f1.4 Planar (C/Y) on A7 by thompsonkirk, on Flickr

50mm f1.4 Planar (C/Y ver.) on A7 by thompsonkirk, on Flickr

50mm f1.4 Planar (C/Y ver.) on A7 by thompsonkirk, on Flickr

50mm f1.4 Planar (C/Y) on A7 by thompsonkirk, on Flickr

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks Barry! I like the first one best as well. Funny thing, there is always one the best in a series. :)

D

f 10

Michiel is never at home.
Here's a piece of home. :D:D

a7r | Leica Noctilux 1,0/50mm

biglouis

^^^^ absolutely gorgeous bokeh and a nicely composed photograph ^^^^

Knorp

oddball sticking out