The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Emerging sugar maple leaves. A7r with Mamiya 150mm f/3.5 N.

Michiel Schierbeek

well.. guess i'll have to jump on the bandwagon.

selling the D800 & going with the A7R.. Took it down to the Boardwalk for an initial test drive. Most of my lenses are manual focus (Nikkor, Zeiss & Leica).. so i have lots I can put on it. Camera feels made for manual focus lenses!

Zeiss 21mm 2.8
Really like this picture. The bad weather adds to it.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun With Sony _____

RX10
I don't normally take bird pics but this one shows why it's good to have a sharp lens and some pixels to play with on a one inch sensor. 1/1000, f2.8, ISO125 - this is about 20% of the frame.

Keith

Last edited:

nsng

I have been lurking here for quite a while and seeing all the great images, I decided to join in the fun. I have just returned from a 11-day trip to Ethiopia. Together with my M240 and M8, I brought along an A7R with an assortment of M and R lenses. The only native FE lens I have is the 55 f1.8. It is this combo that impresses me with IQ that can only be described as superb! Here are a few images with this set-up,

The last image was captured at ISO 3200 @f1.8 in an underground church.

N S Ng

Barry Haines

A fabulous start N S Ng...Look forward to seeing more of your images.
The FE 55mm f1.8 is a stunning lens for sure.
Welcome to GetDPI....Cheers Barry

f/otographer

nsng;582969[IMG said:
http://gallery.clubsnap.com/data/500/DSC1631.jpg[/IMG]

What an absolutely stunning set of images, each photo a powerful portrait in its own right. This one however stands out for me. The look on her face contrasting with the foreground blur comes out as both poignant and perfectly composed. One of those shots that are only there for a split second and then gone forever. Well done and welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Should be mentioned, the last two shots stand out as well. Kudos, great shooting.

EDIT: Huh, that didnt work. Thought it would copy the photo in the quote. Oh well, you know which one I mean. :)

f/otographer

First shot is from the Zeiss Biotar 58/2 from a while back. The last three are from a trip to the park today with my daughter. All of these on the Yashica ML 50/1.7 (series 2).

vaporous

did she make it?

just some bokeh

chole and clouds

@ nsng,

I'm adding my echo to the thx & praise above. An outstanding series, and the one with girl & tomato is absolutely stunning!
Kirk

A bit of urban gardening:

I'm so impressed with the sharpness of the Planar 1.4 C/Y on A7 that I'm thinking of gettting an A7r just to see what these old lenses can do at 36MP. (The image hasn't been sharpened – not even LR default sharpening.)

Kirk

Urban gardening by thompsonkirk, on Flickr

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

Hi and welcome NSNG,

very nice! The one with the five males in what appears being a cave of some sorts captures imagination.

Best
Georg

Status
Not open for further replies.