The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.Utsch

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Super Michiel, you really have the lens disease!!:D

Thats my second attempt wich focus stacking: Brought my (pretty fast) Mac almost to it's limits. 60 (yes, sixty! in PS the layer-file had almost 5 gig's ) shots, well i overdid a lot....in the oof areas there are some artifacts but the center seems quite nice, sharp from the top to the ground. But less (calculated) shot is much better.

"Yello Rose"

Rose gelb Stack.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr​

Barry Haines

Michiel...A Vivitar prism filter for those who enjoy correcting CA :rolleyes:

Werner...Is that an aphid I see inside of the rose to the left?...It was very obliging to keep still for a 60 frame stack shot...I can't get them to keep still for anything more than 30 shots! :) :) :)

Joking aside 2 great shots guys....Cheers Barry

Michiel Schierbeek

Werner...Is that an aphid I see inside of the rose to the left?...It was very obliging to keep still for a 60 frame stack shot...I can't get them to keep still for anything more than 30 shots! :) :) :)

Prism coloured CA should not be corrected :cool: :)

Mark K Need we to call on Sherlock? :D

Another one with a wide angle.

W.Utsch

Yes it is, maybe sleeping. :)
Serious: When stacking only one or two shots in focus are used for the final image on that spot

Barry Haines

Yes it is, maybe sleeping. :)
Serious: When stacking only one or two shots in focus are used for the final image on that spot
Hi Werner,
What I found interesting was that the "Original" sized shot on Flickr ends up being greater in MP's than the A7R, which implies some kind of interpolation is going on.
I'm assuming that you didn't stack and stitch...That really would over stretch any laptops processor. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Both the close-up of the "Scallop shell" and the "Yellow rose" are very well executed - I like them both. :):):)
Cheers Barry

W.Utsch

Barry: No stiching only stacking. But when you stack, during taking the pic, you are moving either the whole cam and bellows or only the bellows to alter the sharpness, then you alter the magnification as well. The image is being enlarged and the size differed in all shots.

In PS, when you stack, you first align the layers regarding to their content (PS is doing that) in this step the image area is being enlarged (some sort of pseudo stiching). The second step is the real stacking and rendering (blending) of the final image where only sharp (high contrast) areas of each single image is used for the final result.

I still have to learn a lot with this, in the rose shot i used way to many shots, in the shell shot i calculated the amount of shots by the DOF of the lens and the size of the shell.
In the rose shot you can see, that stacking works only good in areas with high contrast (the center of the rose) the bokeh areas with low to none contrast are problematic. The shell was much better as an object than the rose because there is contrast everywhere in the pic.
There is some special software around for stacking, probably better than PS...but i don't want to overdo this and use it only occasional....

My best regards

nsng

Breathtaking N S Ng! Especially the first one and the sixth one in color. I love b&w pictures but in this case I like your color versions better. Maybe I just got spoiled after staring at some Monochrom Leica photos the other day.

Eduardo
Thanks. I have just finished processing a bunch of files. Here are some of the images,

with 90'Cron AA

with 19mm-R

with 19mm-R

with 35-70 Vario-Elmar

w/19mm-R

with 35-70 Vario-Elmar,

Barry Haines

Barry: No stiching only stacking. But when you stack, during taking the pic, you are moving either the whole cam and bellows or only the bellows to alter the sharpness, then you alter the magnification as well. The image is being enlarged and the size differed in all shots.

In PS, when you stack, you first align the layers regarding to their content (PS is doing that) in this step the image area is being enlarged (some sort of pseudo stiching). The second step is the real stacking and rendering (blending) of the final image where only sharp (high contrast) areas of each single image is used for the final result.

I still have to learn a lot with this, in the rose shot i used way to many shots, in the shell shot i calculated the amount of shots by the DOF of the lens and the size of the shell.
In the rose shot you can see, that stacking works only good in areas with high contrast (the center of the rose) the bokeh areas with low to none contrast are problematic. The shell was much better as an object than the rose because there is contrast everywhere in the pic.
There is some special software around for stacking, probably better than PS...but i don't want to overdo this and use it only occasional....

My best regards
Many thanks Werner for explaining it in detail, I can now see that stacking images is more complex than I first thought, because of the changes in magnification as you refocus each time.
Cheers Barry

Barry Haines

Thanks. I have just finished processing a bunch of files. Here are some of the images,

with 90'Cron AA

with 19mm-R

with 19mm-R

with 35-70 Vario-Elmar

w/19mm-R

with 35-70 Vario-Elmar,
Some more great images N S Ng,
The black and white image and ladder reminded me of Sebastio Salgado and the Brazilian gold miners.
Keep them coming.
Cheers Barry

Barry Haines

Taken this evening over at Fowey, I suspect one or two of you have been fortunate enough to have been aboard the National Geographic Explorer...Cheers Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.