The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knorp

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Bart,

Stunning; I think you found a home for that lens!

Tom
Hi Tom,

with a 1.2 lens one tends to use it wide open all the time. Silly me ... :eek:
But it's good fun both on the Sony and the Pentax.
Actually even better on the Sony for it's ISO50 !

Kind regards.

dunders

Subscriber Member

I've been out of the loop for a good while, but it's good to see you guys have been hard at it making still more excellent photos.

I bought some old Leica-R lenses (2.8/24, 2/50, 2/90 and a 3.5/35-70) over the last couple of months. The 50 needed a CLA, but came back pristine last week.

I have managed to make a few photos with these lenses, and I think I'm going to like them a lot. I'll have to sell my Pentax gear before I can afford the 60 macro and the FE 24-70 I covet...

There are a few recent efforts with these lenses here, including some 100% crops, for those interested.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dunders/

Take care!

Barry Haines

The trouble is that the FE 55mm F1.8 is such a good lens I tend to overlook my humble 58mm F1.2 Rokkor, which is a shame because it's a great lens IMHO.
You have to play to a lenses strength nowadays. The Rokkor is by no means a macro lens but add some extension tubes and you are rewarded with a beautiful OoF Bokeh. Cheers Barry

W.Utsch

John, Giovanni
grazie mille per i complimenti!
I can feel here, on this enchanted country, what you are expressing with your words, thanks.

Here is one more(dreamy):

"Tramonto"

4 images stiched, Canon 70-200/4.0 IS ED

DSC07846 Panorama.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr​

Last edited:

jfirneno

John, Giovanni
grazie mille per i complimenti!
I can fell here, on this enchanted country what you are expressing with your words, thanks.

Here is one more(dreamy):

"Tramonto"

4 images stiched, Canon 70-200/4.0 IS ED

DSC07846 Panorama.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr​
Not showing any DPI disloyalty but I'd have to describe that photo as a "Luminous Landscape."

Truly excellent.
Regards,
John

scho

Two garden shots with the A7r + Hasselblad 40mm f/4 Distagon FLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.