The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Quite a rare lens Chiek...I have seen them occasionally appear on ebay from time to time.
Beautiful and unusal bokeh, the lens has some character to it and I wasn't referring to the weight of it.
Strangely I just spotted one on Ebay and suprisingly with an E mount...In case anybody is interested.
Hope this isn't breaking any rules, I will post the link below...It's not my lens or anybody I know.

90mm F 1 0 Portrait Lens for Sony E Mount All NEX Alpha A7 A7R Full Frame | eBay

Godfrey

Pretty darn cool looking lens, chiek!
That's another one for the "amusing and nice to have.." list. :)

That darn list is getting too long and will get me into trouble some day... !

G

Annna T

This is a great picture, I love it and since it only appeared near the end of the previous page, it deserves to be admired longer, so here it is again :

Had been away deep in Italy with slow and sluggisch net connections, so i missed lots of great pics (and likes to give :)). Have to go through all these..

"Palazzo La Suvera at night"
Pievescola, Tuscany(Siena), 24 TSE II, shifted

DSC07925.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr​

dwood

... and in my opinion the Zeiss ZF.2 21mm 2.8 is a phenomenal wide angle for the A7r
Seeing various examples of pictures made with the A7R and this lens, including yours and Tim Ashley's, this is so on my wish list. Jim, what adapter are you using?

JimCollum

Seeing various examples of pictures made with the A7R and this lens, including yours and Tim Ashley's, this is so on my wish list. Jim, what adapter are you using?
Metabones NF-E

haven't had any issues yet (no electronic connection...)

Barry Haines

... and in my opinion the Zeiss ZF.2 21mm 2.8 is a phenomenal wide angle for the A7r
That's great news Jim...I have ordered the Contax 28mm f2.8 Distagon (lightweight) and it has been stuck in customs for the last week. :(
Now I am torn between Werner's recommendation of the 18mm Zeiss Distagon (lightweight) and your 21mm Zeiss Distagon recommendation (heavier but superior optically).
Cheers Barry

JimCollum

That's great news Jim...I have ordered the Contax 28mm f2.8 Distagon (lightweight) and it has been stuck in customs for the last week. :(
Now I am torn between Werner's recommendation of the 18mm Zeiss Distagon (lightweight) and your 21mm Zeiss Distagon recommendation (heavier but superior optically).
Cheers Barry
you're a little far away.. otherwise i'd say let's meet and you can try it out. If you ever happen to pass thru this way (Santa Cruz, Ca)... let me know.. always enjoy meeting up with photographers

Barry Haines

you're a little far away.. otherwise i'd say let's meet and you can try it out. If you ever happen to pass thru this way (Santa Cruz, Ca)... let me know.. always enjoy meeting up with photographers
That's a very kind offer Jim and most appreciated.
I think with the cost of rising air fares, I might just be better off financially buying both the 18mm and 21mm :)
Although I think a meet up would be interesting as we both have an interest in alternative chemical processes.
Maybe one day though who knows, thanks again...Barry

Barry Haines

AnnaT, thank you...
Berry here is One wit the ZE 18:
Excellent again Werner, with Jims 21mm Zeiss shots on the A7R and your 18mm Zeiss shots I am having a really hard time making my mind up between these 2 Distagon lenses.
One thing is for sure I would choose the ZE mount and the Metabones EF smart adapter III as I want the exif imbedded as I am more comfortable with the focusing ring direction of the Canon ZE mounts.
Cheers Barry

Scenes from upstate New York.
A7/FE55
The FE55 is so sharp you could cut yourself on these shots Jaree...Excellent also...Cheers Barry

W.Utsch

Barry, my consideration for the 18 was mainly size.
The 21 is very big and heavy it might be the best of the Distagons. As a single lens that would not have bothered me but when i take, as i often do, 3 lenses (18, 55 and 24-70 or even the 70/200)in my smallish bag to walk around the 21 would have been impossible as a WA. In prints, i print A2 on an Epson 3800, the shots with the 18 look perfect.

Would have liked the WATE, but the costs.....

Ben Rubinstein

Barry, my issue is that I want the Zeiss 18mm and the 25mm. Wish Sony would bring out their wide already so I can decide I need the zeiss instead :D

Status
Not open for further replies.