The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesK

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Yesterday, it was officially first day of Winter in Australia. The day was 24 DegC, amazing for Winter :) Shots Fingal Heads, NSW, with the A7r and WATE.

f/otographer

I was asked by a co worker to take photos of her grandsons 1st birthday party in a local park. I can never say no to taking pictures. All shots on the A7 with Minolta MC Rokkor PF 55/1.7 (second version). The black and white shots are all straight out of the camera, felt to lazy to process. The lighting at the part was simply horrible. It took place at 2 o'clock in the afternoon on a bright day, with parts of the party in the dark shade and parts directly in the sun. On top of that the chairs and table cloths were white. Simply a nightmare of lows and highs. And on top of that I dont use flash at all. So natural (crappy) light it is then. Lol.

dreams of string and air

the stillness of the memory

at the center of the storm

photography's golden age

a beautiful party

with the appropriate amount of distrust

the dream realized

bcm

My daughter, some dancing at a recent chili cook off, and an old Yashica Electro shot. First three are from the Minolta MC Rokkor PF 55/1.7, one of my favorite Rokkors that I havent been giving enough shoot time on my A7. That needs to change. The next two are from my venerable ML 50/1.7 and the last is 'lens unremembered'.

alll to soon the ravages of time (steals from us our youth)

stompey stomp (I think every child everywhere makes a beeline for every puddle ever)

the fairy queen holds court

cutting a rug in the golden years

Electro

epiphany (a sudden understanding as to the basic nature of things)
Haven't been following this thread for a while. These are just fantastic. Absolutely love them.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Some very nice macros on this page Georg. I find the quadcopter a bit liberal on "clarity" or "local contrast enhancement" but other than that I like them, especially the last two.

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun With Sony _____

Some very nice macros on this page Georg. I find the quadcopter a bit liberal on "clarity" or "local contrast enhancement" but other than that I like them, especially the last two.
Thanks Pegelli. Agreed on the quad, it was too much from my detail extractor layer. I just picked up photography again after 1.5 years absence and I am totally new to Lightroom 5 , Photoshop CC and the - amazing - NIK collection. Just have it all installed since yesterday and I suppose my experimentation goes a bit through with me at times. LOL

Btw. They were all handheld shots with the Zeiss 135mm, beyond doubts, the finest piece of glass I ever owned.... mhhh... so far that is. :)

P.S. Used to live in Belgium myself llong time ago when I studied Musik in Aix la Chappelle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.