The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwood

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Many thanks Ben most appreciated.

I probably should have quit while I'm ahead...But I will sneak one more in. :D

Another great image, Barry! As an aside, while the photographer's artistic vision and skill are ultimately responsible for compelling pictures, I find it pretty exciting that a camera/lens combination like the a7r and FE 55/1.8 is so superbly capable, and yet doesn't cost ridiculous sums of money. Damn good time to be a photographer!

Barry Haines

excellent!
Many thanks Jim most appreciated.

Another great image, Barry! As an aside, while the photographer's artistic vision and skill are ultimately responsible for compelling pictures, I find it pretty exciting that a camera/lens combination like the a7r and FE 55/1.8 is so superbly capable, and yet doesn't cost ridiculous sums of money. Damn good time to be a photographer!
Many thanks Doug most appreciated.
I have overcooked this image a bit too much compared to the other two but I really don't care as I am having too much fun exploring different avenues at the moment with processing the A7R files, they are just so malleable. :D
Yes this is an exciting time for sure...Like you I really like the 55/1.8 lens in combination with the A7R it's pretty hard to beat in FF and certainly for the money it costs.
Cheers Barry

Slingers

Re: Fun With Sony _____

I received a cactus v5 wireless kit and tested it out on my NEX 7 with a manual flash. It worked well letting me get usable results at 1/200 over the 1/160 default in a NEX 7. By 1/500 the shutter was still in about a third of the frame but the images were ok with a crop. All with Sony NEX 7 + Zeiss Sonnar FE 35/2.8

darr

Female Viking / Carousel Art
Chase Palm Park Carousel (c.1916), Santa Barbara, CA

Sony NEX-7 + Zeiss 16-70mm

benroy

Subscriber Member

Paul's place: reviving interest in Minolta Maxxum lenses/ a57 body.

Pic #1: 70-210...pic #2: 28-135...Pics 3 and 4: 50/1.4...why a57 body? Testing for my grandson. Very nice little camera.

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member

Minolta Maxxum 135/2.8 w/ Sony a57 body. Lens is short, light, well constructed, with built-in hood...and SHARP!

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member

I am having better luck autofocusing with the a57 than with the a7...is it the adapter that is causing this? It's not a question of speed...trees and flowers aren't running down the sideline...it's a question of accuracy. I'm getting more winners with the a57...BTW: the a57 is a very good little camera...plasticky...but very pleased with the results.

Roy Benson

Barry Haines

I was considering "CROW ON THE MENU" as the title but preferred in the end "QUEUING FOR CANDY FLOSS".
Cheers Barry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.