The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Apologies for keep on changing my frame as I am still playing around with Morgify 2 in LR5...Cheers Barry

The "UPS" & "DOWNS" in life.

gurtch

My wife and I went to the local outside bar for happy hour last night, and she noticed this neat still life...."tells a story" she said. I had a camera kit in the car. A7R, 55mm FE Zeiss lens, f5.6. The actual pixels of the hat are amazingly sharp.
Dave in NJ

f 10

unknown photographer :D

a7r | Leica Summilux 1,4/75mm | ISO 2.500 | 1/90 | f1,4

Barry Haines

unknown photographer :D

a7r | Leica Summilux 1,4/75mm | ISO 2.500 | 1/90 | f1,4
Nice lens unknown photographer (ie. Carsten :D )...I wouldn't say no to it in my small but slow growing collection.

My as new 28mm f2.8 Distagon C/Y has just turned up after weeks sitting in customs!
It's really nice on the A7R (fairly light compared to the other Zeiss Distagons), a little soft in the very extreme corners - Would be my only niggle.

With Werner and Michiel's marvelous architectural images on this page I thought I would add one from Bodmin :D:D:D

Chapel an Gansblydhen was once a Wesleyan Methodist chapel, known as the Centenary Chapel, built in 1840 to mark the 100th anniversary of the birth of Methodism. 'Chapel an Gansblydhen' is the Cornish translation of Centenary Chapel...Today it belongs to the JD Wetherspoon group of pubs dotted about the UK.

This image has been through about 4 photo editors including the Tone-mapping mangle, so don't expect an accurate depiction of what was in front of me!...Cheers Barry

seakayaker

A friend at work brought in a A7 with an M adaptor. I had my M9 with the 24/3.8 so he asked me if I would like to take a few photographs with the A7. So I did and I will post a few below. The electronic view finder is the most noticeable change when using this camera for the first time. Any way I thought the 24mm worked well on the A7.

ILCE-7R + Leica Elmar 24mm f3.8 ASPH

iiiNelson

A friend at work brought in a A7 with an M adaptor. I had my M9 with the 24/3.8 so he asked me if I would like to take a few photographs with the A7. So I did and I will post a few below. The electronic view finder is the most noticeable change when using this camera for the first time. Any way I thought the 24mm worked well on the A7.

ILCE-7R + Leica Elmar 24mm f3.8 ASPH
I agree that the 24 Elmar works very well on the A7 but it's hard to avoid color casts on the edges usually on the A7r. I think the 21 Ultron is slightly better on the A7 series though as it applies to M-mount lenses and the WATE is amazing (I don't have one of those though.)

philber

I agree that the 24 Elmar works very well on the A7 but it's hard to avoid color casts on the edges usually on the A7r.
I had a 24 Elmar and tried it on my -then- new A7R. My own opinion is a lot harsher than yours. Not only colour casts, but also bad smearing in the corners, even stopped down quite a bit. So, as I wanted to keep the camera, I sold it off.

Saxbike

Knorp-- Very nice tonal rendering in your Cary Grant shot. I admire the way you have achieved the separation in the mid-tones. Overall a sweet composition as well. Thanks for posting it.
Henry

dwood

We have a large Rhododendron in our front yard. Shooting flowers isn't my thing but my wife asked that I take some pics of the blooms. When she 'asks' me to do something, well, you know :D

With this one, I decided to have some fun. A7R FE 55/1.8

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

@ f/otographer: Not bad stuff to find in the dusty corners of your hard drive ;)

A small series from Fort 2 in Wommelgem, built between 1859 and 1864 as part of the defense circle around Antwerp.

1: Entrance Tunnel

2: Derelict door

3: Reduit

4: Entrance to the shell storage

All A850 + MinO 35/2 (one of my favourite old Minolta lenses)

Knorp

Odd, I don't need encouragement shooting flowers .. :p

| PENTAX 1:1.2/50mm |

Barry Haines

Nativity (Bodmin) shop window display in June?
Well it hasn't changed that I can remember in the last 5 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.