The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Nice p/otographer!
I find my copy the Hexanon 28/3.5 quiet good. It is more a lens for overall sharp pictures and not very well suited for your shooting style.
With its low spead it is not particular a bokeh lens. No Biotar charms here :)

Last edited:

biglouis

This is sort-of in the spirit of the 'fun' part of the thread - last weekend London's famous thoroughfare, Regent's Street, was closed for a celebration called the 'London Bus Cavalcade' - which recognised 150 years of bus transport in the capital.

Two lenses were most of use to me on the A7 were the CV 15/4.5 and the FE 55/1.8. Here are three captures.

Deckchairs on Regent's Street - not something you see everyday (CV 15/4.5)

Inside a Routemaster cab - using the 15 is a real blast - you can get right into tight spaces and get a terrific angle of view

Toy Buses - I avoid photographing children in this day and age because of the public's obsession with the threat of child abuse by camera - however this kid walked into my photograph as I was taking it and probably created the best shot of the day. Afterwards I asked the parent if it was OK if I could use the photograph and she agreed. FE 55/1.8 (what a superb lens!).

f/otographer

Nice p/otographer!
I find my copy the Hexanon 28/3.5 quiet good. It is more a lens for overall sharp pictures and not very well suited for your shooting style.
With its low spead it is not particular a bokeh lens. No Biotar charms here :)
You are entirely correct Michiel, I was shooting the lens out of its 'comfort zone'. And to be fair it still performed acceptably. If I recall there are several versions of the 28/3.5, some I think with a different optical formula. I remember mine to be the last (and cheapest) version to be made after cost cutting effects when into play. It could be that yours is an earlier version or a better copy. Or you are just smart enough to play to the lenses strengths, while I force it to a style it is not particularly suited for and then criticize it. :)

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

@ Slingers: I don't mind the lighting at all. The first two are priceless, especially 2 where he seems to chimp on a film camera :). Cute boy!

Taylor Sherman

Some highlights from a road trip down through Oregon last weekend.

Leica 21/3.4 Super-Elmar

Voigtlander Super-Wide Heliar 15/4.5

Zeiss ZM50/2

Voigt 15/4.5

Leica 21/3.4

In-camera panorama w/ the Leica 21/3.4

Leica 21/3.4

D

Deleted member 7792

"R-G-B"
The Palouse, Washington

Werner, I couldn't resist. :D

Joe

Taylor Sherman

This is terrific!

G
Thanks! As I was driving I actually had no idea that ring was there, as the sun was behind me. I stopped at this wayside (the covered bridge is a historic site) just to stretch my legs and use the restroom! Then I got out of the car and noticed the weather was doing nice things.

Status
Not open for further replies.