The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

An evening shot with the Leica R 50 cron on the A7R.

jlm

Workshop Member

what are people using for an off-camera battery charger?

iiiNelson

what are people using for an off-camera battery charger?
I use the regular Sony charger for my batteries plus the one I already had for the NEX-5. I own about 6 or 7 batteries total as I find that's about what's needed for a full day of shooting 2 cameras (one having the grip attached and one without for smaller size.)

G43

Considering the A7R for my large print camera.
This question I am sure was asked a million times, so excuse me to ask again:

What did you do to avoid shutter shake except keeping the shutter out of the danger zone or using a tripod?
Heard that the camera is even sensible using long tele lenses + tripod.

If the question is too boring to answer here PM me please. Thanks.

tashley

Subscriber Member

there's no straight answer, and that's the problem: it seems to me, for example, that I rarely have problems with the 24-70 even as low as 1x focal length, but that there are some shutter speeds (between about an 80th and 160th) that are worse. However with the 70-200, especially at the longer end, you really do need at least 1/400th when handheld, even with OSS on. Tripod mounting makes it more complicated because you're setting up a new set of potential sympathetic frequencies which can be quite specific to individual tripods/heads/lens combinations and even seem to change as the height of the tripod is altered.

There is no rule. And that, as I said above, is the real problem. If in doubt, chimp.

Last edited:

G43

there's no straight answer, and that's the problem: it seems to me, for example, that I rarely have problems with the 24-70 even as low as 1x focal length, but that there are some shutter speeds (between about an 80th and 160th) that are worse. However with the 70-200, especially at the longer end, you really do need at least 1/400th when handheld, even with OSS on. Tripod mountain makes it more complicated because you're setting up a new set of potential sympathetic frequencies which can be quite specific to individual tripods/heads/lens combinations and seven seem to change as the height of the tripod is altered.

There is no rule. And that, as I said above, is the real problem. If in doubt, chimp.
Catched. Thanks Tim.

Shooting discipline is a deed.

D

Deleted member 7792

Collapsing grain elevator in the Palouse just south of Pullman, WA. Handheld using the WATE.

Joe

Last edited by a moderator:

scho

A few high res images taken today in Upper Treman gorge with the Sony A7R, Rhinocam, and Mamiya 645 150mm and 55mm lenses. Clicking "Original" will open the page where the original files can be downloaded. These files are between 150 -160 mp each.

Original

Original

Original

Godfrey

Carl's going for hyper-resolution, I'm going for pinholes. It figures. ;-)

Sony A7 + Skink pinhole (Zone Sieve disk, 24mm)
ISO 8000 @ f/71 @ 1/250 sec

Enjoy!

G

Barry Haines

One of my favorite coves here in Cornwall, just a few miles from Lands End...Cheers Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.