The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slingers

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Testing my Contax G 21/2.8 around my house after cutting the feet off.

NEX 7 + Contax G 21/2.8

pegelli

We had a European Green Woodpecker visit our yard.
Very shy birds, this is close to a 1:1 crop with my A850 and the Minolta 100-400 APO @ 400 mm.

Not the greatest resolution and sharpness, but still I like the pose I caught him (or her) here

Annna T

Testing my Contax G 21/2.8 around my house after cutting the feet off.

NEX 7 + Contax G 21/2.8
Thanks for sharing that. I own that lens too. How did you proceed to cut the wings in the back ? and did you shoot wide open ? The results aren't too convincing alas.. It was such a wonderful lens on my Contax G2 : extremely sharp and very few distorsion. I bet it would be even worse on the A7r. May be better with the A7s ?

I'm still hesitating whether I should trim those plastic feet in the rear.. After achieving it, do you think it is worth it ?

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

Failed Experiment: gentle breeze

-18 stops, without shooting dark frame. Exposure time 464 seconds. Stacking ND3.0. + 1.8 +circ.Pol, causes extreme vignetting with wide-angle. Forgot to lower ISO too. File is crapola.

Ah well, live and learn.

Slingers

Thanks for sharing that. I own that lens too. How did you proceed to cut the wings in the back ? and did you shoot wide open ? The results aren't too convincing alas.. It was such a wonderful lens on my Contax G2 : extremely sharp and very few distorsion. I bet it would be even worse on the A7r. May be better with the A7s ?

I'm still hesitating whether I should trim those plastic feet in the rear.. After achieving it, do you think it is worth it ?
It was nerve racking cutting them. I researched a bit on the internet before I did it, the most common methods I read about said to use a jigsaw or a file with lots of painters tape. In the end I went with a very sharp craft knife I had tested on thick plastic before using on the feet.

The shot was wide open and I used deo tech af adapter. The NEX 7 sensor is as tough as the A7R on RF wides and the magenta corners from this lens are some of the worst I have seen on my camera.

I have used the lens previously on my NEX as another poster here told me to put the adapter on the camera then the lens. It works but over time I noticed little marks from the feet. The marks, the fact you can't use the lens on a A7 with the feet, and then reading the purpose of the feet are to be able to stand the lens without damaging the glass made me make the decision to cut. I would do it again.

Annna T

It was nerve racking cutting them. I researched a bit on the internet before I did it, the most common methods I read about said to use a jigsaw or a file with lots of painters tape. In the end I went with a very sharp craft knife I had tested on thick plastic before using on the feet.

The shot was wide open and I used deo tech af adapter. The NEX 7 sensor is as tough as the A7R on RF wides and the magenta corners from this lens are some of the worst I have seen on my camera.

I have used the lens previously on my NEX as another poster here told me to put the adapter on the camera then the lens. It works but over time I noticed little marks from the feet. The marks, the fact you can't use the lens on a A7 with the feet, and then reading the purpose of the feet are to be able to stand the lens without damaging the glass made me make the decision to cut. I would do it again.
Many thanks, I appreciated reading about your experience. Was it hard to cut ? How many mm did you take off ?

Slingers

Many thanks, I appreciated reading about your experience. Was it hard to cut ? How many mm did you take off ?
It was very tough plastic and took a couple of slices. I see why people recommend a jigsaw. I removed 5mm so that if I made a mistake I would not hit the glass.

Annna T

It was very tough plastic and took a couple of slices. I see why people recommend a jigsaw. I removed 5mm so that if I made a mistake I would not hit the glass.
Forgive my many questions : did you use something to hold the lens firmly while cutting ?

Thanks again..

Godfrey

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Pinholery continues!

All: Sony A7 + Skink pinhole (Zone Sieve, f/71)
ISO 16000 @ f/71

The Sony A7 and Skink Pinhole with Zone Sieve f/71 disk just works so well together! These are still from last week. I took it out for the walk again yesterday ... More goodness!

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

G

Last edited:

pegelli

Two from the agapanthus in our garden inbetween todays showers.

I just had to test my new (to me) Sigma 180/3.5.
Well, I'm not disappointed :)

Barry Haines

Indeed! It's a good thing my eyes are closed when I am asleep!

G
Who knows Godfrey, perhaps they are still closed when you are awake!
As UFO’s seem to be flying straight past you and your f/71, heading directly towards your sensor (163 - Park). :p:p:p

Slingers

Forgive my many questions : did you use something to hold the lens firmly while cutting ?

Thanks again..
I just held it in my hand. I couldn't find anything so that I could make sure the lens was upside down so all debris would fall onto the bench. I don't mind the questions as I probably had all the same questions.

Godfrey

Who knows Godfrey, perhaps they are still closed when you are awake!
As UFO’s seem to be flying straight past you and your f/71, heading directly towards your sensor (163 - Park). :p:p:p
Thanks for letting me know. Posted the wrong (unspotted) version! :)
Fixed now.

G

Barry Haines

:salute:The best team won!:salute:

Hey steady on Michiel...I thought England were great a couple of weeks ago!
Especially as we now have 3 new sponsors.....TOTAL...fcuk...ups...:D

Being serious for a moment...Congratulations Germany...Both teams worked really hard - I for one was glad it didn’t end up with a penalty shootout.
Likewise congratulations Netherlands on your win over Brazil.

Especially for Beni and Godfrey...No more aspirin or sleeping tablets!:bugeyes::bugeyes::bugeyes:
Sleep tight Guys...Cheers Barry

JimCollum

A7r

Pier 39, early (early) morning

Zeiss 21mm f2.8

Zeiss 21mm f2.8

Leica 35mm Lux (preasph)

Status
Not open for further replies.