The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

+ Another with a different slant!...Cheers Barry
Tilted = absolutely brilliant, also the way you presented it with the background colour filled triangles. Every forum it's own version based on the background colour ;)

Steve P.

Two more from the park:

all: Sony A7 + Skink Zone Sieve f/71
ISO 25600 @ f/71

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.
I love the atmosphere in these, Godfrey. I see you live in California. Is that the beginnings of an earthquake in #2?:)

Barry Haines

Tilted = absolutely brilliant, also the way you presented it with the background colour filled triangles. Every forum it's own version based on the background colour ;)
Many thanks pegelli - Most appreciated. :thumbup:
I expect possibly one or two here just see it as a bit of a gimmick...Personally I think that there is some potential to be explored here for different creative ideas, rather than just sticking with the traditional convention of square/rectangular presentations (Although personally I am more than happy to follow convention 99% of the time myself :D).
For instance putting images side by side (using the forum background colour as a separator) or circular/oval frames or bleeding the images into the background as I showed earlier in this thread.

If anybody is interested, the forum background colour on GetDPI (currently) is #393939 and it's important not to colour manage (Not- sRGB) otherwise it will not perfectly blend in....Cheers Barry

Godfrey

I love the atmosphere in these, Godfrey. I see you live in California. Is that the beginnings of an earthquake in #2?:)
:) Thanks!

More likely, its the result of poor maintenance and the many floodings these paths in the park have been through. This was once a residential area which was abandoned after many floods, and then they built the airport just to the north. The Guadalupe River would overflow its banks twice, three times a year until they built a huge water management system to maintain and divert the river in times of high flood conditions ... Now it rarely hits the top of the banks.

I just hope they don't set on "improving" the whole park. They've cordoned off a couple of acres of it now to build a "children's play area" which has already destroyed some of the lovely views I once had of the snaky path. I'm glad I photographed it when I could.

G

dave92029

Re: Fun With Sony _____

A Isotta Fraschini - restored 1930's inline 8 roadster at a recent Encinitas Car night. I was trying to shoot the emblem on the dash. A7 + 55mm f11

Ben Rubinstein

A7r, Pentax 50mm Super Tak 1.4 @f2.8

My wife looking so happy in her sleep that her precious son is cuddling up to her. First time the loud thunk of the shutter has been a real problem on my A7r. He was looking round for the next shot!

johnnygoesdigital

Deep in the forest...
I liked the subtle light that filtered through the canopy.

A7 35mm FE

Last edited:

Barry Haines

My wife looking so happy in her sleep that her precious son is cuddling up to her. First time the loud thunk of the shutter has been a real problem on my A7r. He was looking round for the next shot!

Ben...The loudness of the shutter is the A7/R's Achilles heal - Don't you think?
Hopefully it will be the "Numero Uno" thing to fix on the Mk. II version.

My mistake I took this on the 55mm FE looking at the Exif - So much for trusting to my aging memory!

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

The typical daily view of the road warrior. Too many air miles. :facesmack:

A7r 55/1.8

Last edited:

Ben Rubinstein

Ben...The loudness of the shutter is the A7/R's Achilles heal - Don't you think?
Hopefully it will be the "Numero Uno" thing to fix on the Mk. II version.
Not sure if you could describe it as that, it's there and sometimes can be problematic, I don't think it's an achilles heel, i.e. the thing which kills the camera. We know the new version will have an electronic shutter (with the problems that can bring of course) but I do hope they fix the ergonomics which for so many really did stop them buying the camera.

Barry Haines

Not sure if you could describe it as that, it's there and sometimes can be problematic, I don't think it's an achilles heel, i.e. the thing which kills the camera. We know the new version will have an electronic shutter (with the problems that can bring of course) but I do hope they fix the ergonomics which for so many really did stop them buying the camera.
Many thanks Ben :) ... I suspect the Achilles heel of any camera would end up meaning different things to different folks, depending upon their own particular desires and needs...No wonder the perfect camera doesn't exist for all of us.

Rawfa

Got an awesome super ultra deal by trading some equipment I had no use for for a sealed and 3 years ensured A99. Here are some ultra quick tests I did.

Self portrait on both photos...so be kind

Sony 50mm f1.4

Tamron 28-70mm f2.8 (candle lit shot at iso 6400)

Annna T

Got an awesome super ultra deal by trading some equipment I had no use for for a sealed and 3 years ensured A99. Here are some ultra quick tests I did.

Self portrait on both photos...so be kind

Tamron 28-70mm f2.8 (candle lit shot at iso 6400)
That 28-70mm F2.8 Tamron zoom is a great although compact lens. I have the Canon EOS version and it fits well on the A7r.

I prefer the second portrait to the first : I like the warmer tones and you have a stronger presence and a somewhat mysterious look. The way the light build an ellipse around your right eye is not very conventional and some won't like it, but I find it adds something to the portrait together with your tilted head. There is a particular mood in thus portrait.

Status
Not open for further replies.