The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Abandoned house, a study in peeling paint. A7R+Rhinocam+Mamiya 645 55mm f/2.8 N. 8 shot stitch cropped.

Original

jaree

Excellent Bart :salute:...I am just guessing here that was taken with your Leica R 70-180mm lens...That's an amazing lens that I would love to own together with jaree's and Werner's Leica 100mm APO R.
Barry, apologies if this upsets your future budget projections, but that 100mm R APO is totally worth it - go for it. Seems like the A7 is made for it and vice versa. Get the Novoflex adapter as I did not have good luck with other brands for this lens.

Barry Haines

Barry, apologies if this upsets your future budget projections, but that 100mm R APO is totally worth it - go for it. Seems like the A7 is made for it and vice versa. Get the Novoflex adapter as I did not have good luck with other brands for this lens.

jaree...Many thanks for the thumbs up Re: Leica 100mm APO, I hear exactly what you are saying and it makes perfect sense to me (a lot less to the wife though I might just add). I need at least one longish lens which to be honest I wouldn't use very often, as my old 90mm Summicron (now sold) was in exactly the same perfect condition 4 years later after buying it new. My short list to date is the Leica 100mm APO macro, the Zeiss ZE MP100 (even with the LoCA) and the Zeiss ZE 135mm f/2 APO (I am still considering the Sony 135mm f1.8 as I know Guy loves it so much but I just can't abide the Sony LA-EA4 adapter, despite the plus benefits of AF), all 3 (4) lenses are superb and fairly heavy by my standards. I will wait like others until after Photokina just in case another alternative raises it's ugly head before pressing the button...BTW. Just a quick question how is the boke on the Leica 100mm APO wide open on portraits...Nervous, neutral or creamy soft?...Thanks again.
My line of thinking to date for a lightweight travel is 2 bodies and 2 lenses and adding a third lens for longer work when required...
A7R - WATE 16-21mm
A6000 - WATE 16-21mm (Circa equiv. 24-32mm)
A7R - FE 55mm
A6000 - FE 55mm (Circa equiv. 83mm)
+
A7R - ??? ZE APO 135mm
A6000 - ??? ZE APO 135mm (Circa equiv. 203mm)

This would then cover 16-203mm with excellent spacing of AoV's.

Cheers Barry
________

Bob...Really liked the Platinum toned shots also...Nice boke and subtle colors on the fish lures, speaking personally I would have preferred the inclusion of the lures mouth (A LARGER shot perhaps ?), as I somehow feel it's tucked away behind the frame mount. But I will add a TWIN/LARGE shot later on, that will then allow you to get your own back :D, or you may wish to scoll, scroll, scroll on by...I'm only teasing in a friendly way :):):).

_______

Bill...Love this shot I would have been well pleased had I taken that myself - Nature wins everytime reclaiming mans hardwork.

_______

Ashwin...Some excellent get together with friends and family shots, particularly like the sleeping baby (That's one for the album).

Cheers Barry

jfirneno

(I am still considering the Sony 135mm f1.8 as I know Guy loves it so much but I just can't abide the Sony LA-EA4 adapter, despite the plus benefits of AF)
Hi Barry:

I've only shot with the Sony 135 f1.8 so I wouldn't try and sway you between it and the 135 f2 but with respect to the LAEA4, if it's the "translucent mirror" that you dislike and if you don't care about the AF then I'd like to mention the LAEA3. It will give you aperture control and full lens registration and metadata but only manual focus for the screw drive 135 f1.8. I also wanted to avoid the LAEA4 and went with the LAEA3 for use with the 135 and a 200 macro that I like. But recently I rented an A7S and an LAEA4 for use during a family party. I actually didn't mind the translucent mirror with the 12 mp A7S use. Since that camera is a hi ISO monster I didn't mind giving up the 1/3 stop of light (especially for the kind of family photos I was taking) but I was surprised that the macro stuff I tried it on came out as well as it did. It's definitely made me reconsider not having an LAEA4 for occasions where I don't need all 35 mp.

Regards,
John

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Some stranded cats

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

1-4: NEX6 + Olympus OM 24/2.8
5: NEX6 + Olympus OM 135/2.8

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Here are a couple with the SAM 85 F2.8...

ILCE-7S Sony 85 F 2.8

Thanks,

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.