The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsng

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Colourful prayer flags adorning a door in a Tibetan Buddhist monastery. A7r w/ Leica 19mm R

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

:cry: since I can't post in the "fun with A7" thread, I have to post my response to Michiel over here

In Singapore they have opponents as well :toocool:

NEX6 + Olympus OM 85/2

G43

Stunning transparency.... even at this resolutions and perhaps off color monitors we sometimes are forced to use.

pegelli

Color or Black and White?
Also B&W to me. The green OOF leaves are somewhat distracting in the color version since they're so bright/saturated and contrast with the other more muted tones in the image.

In the B&W they are less obtrusive.

Might even be better if they weren't there at all, I think they're too vague to help providing depth in the image.

Steve P.

I prefer the colour shot. The contrast between the bright leaves and the subtle hues of the stonework is pleasing. I like the b&w too but I feel the impact of the leaves in the foreground is lost.
The weathering of the elements on the bridge over time is rendered more gently in the colour image, which I feel suits the subject well.

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

For me colour. I like to see that this bridge in Heidelberg is made from that typical red limestone.
B&W works much better in your garage pictures especially with the Citroën Traction and the Deux Cheveaux which sort of are from the B&W era.

Barry Haines

Isn't it strange how we all differ as no clear winner.
If I had to choose - I would go with the B&W as G43 and pegelli have described my thoughts exactly.
Michiel...I think that bridge has been through a few era's of it's own...B&W, Colour and just a few others :)
Cheers Barry
PS. But then what do I know!....I can't spell and I'm colour blind :)

Barry Haines

First of all apologies to Doug for cash in on his "waves" idea...But since I'm surrounded by them!...They become hard to ignore...Cheers Barry

Original

W.Utsch

Thanks guys for the lively discussion. There are arguments for both sides. I agree that the oof leaves in the foreground are not the best in C or BW, not the greatest shot anyhow but it was part of the workshop for practice reasons.
Feedback is always welcome as is critics - we need more ,likes are pleasing but critics brings us foreword.

Lovely waves Barry, carry on! (i have only the waves of rivers Nekar and Rhein sometimes of Lake Lugano around me) Astonishing how many colors are in these waves...
Great museum shots Michiel with nice structures.

Here is one more in BW:

"Wunnenstein"

DSC09296_HDR-BW-sharp-2.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr​

BW conversion of 3 HDR shots.
The challenge in post was to get the moving ship sharp despite the 3 exposures of the HDR and i removed an ugly crane next to the Old Bridges right towers top.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Another one from Singapore, with the Double Helix Bridge, Marina Bay Sands and the Museum

NEX5 + E 10-18/4

Knorp

Take a guess: what are these contraptions ?

Yes you guessed it right: these are wind-violins !

Unfortunately as there was no favourable wind and I can't testify to what it sounds like or even if it produces sound at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.