The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Feedback is always welcome as is critics - we need more ,likes are pleasing but critics brings us foreword.
Let's try:

@ Super Angulon, lovely suspense in that picture
@ Barry Haines, great lines and rolls in the waves, only the saturation feels a bit over the top (matter of taste I think)
@ Michiel Schierbeek, the first one doesn't do much for me (too many lines which don't go anywhere particular) but the second is excellent. I love the symmetry broken by the faint reflection of the floor with the structure's own shadow
@ W.Utsch, great processing and I understand the ship must have been the hardest. I think the composition screams "square crop" to me, there isn't too much in the foreground water anyway and it will give a great old hassy look.
@ Knorp, first is a bit busy, but gives good context, I like the second better, it's a less distracting background and better positioned violins.

He, that wasn't too hard :)

Now I only need an a7 to participate in this thread, but I guess that will take some time.

Barry Haines

Let's try:

@ Super Angulon, lovely suspense in that picture
@ Barry Haines, great lines and rolls in the waves, only the saturation feels a bit over the top (matter of taste I think)
@ Michiel Schierbeek, the first one doesn't do much for me (too many lines which don't go anywhere particular) but the second is excellent. I love the symmetry broken by the faint reflection of the floor with the structure's own shadow
@ W.Utsch, great processing and I understand the ship must have been the hardest. I think the composition screams "square crop" to me, there isn't too much in the foreground water anyway and it will give a great old hassy look.
@ Knorp, first is a bit busy, but gives good context, I like the second better, it's a less distracting background and better positioned violins.

He, that wasn't too hard :)

Now I only need an a7 to participate in this thread, but I guess that will take some time.

pegelli...Looking forward to you getting your A7....But beware of the critiques though :D
Must admit you were spot on with my assessment though;)
_________

I would just add that I thought that the last 2 pages were of a pretty high standard overall IMO from everybody - I would go as far as saying that each member has pushed themselves and others to try just that little bit harder, which is great!
Speaking personally many thanks everybody for all my likes and comments most appreciated...I really enjoy being here and sharing with all of you.

Cheers Barry

Last edited:

f 10

a7r | Leitz Elmar 3,5/65 mm and Short Mount,
with Visoflex to Sony E-Mount Adapter

Barry Haines

Taken this evening...Blended colour with monochrome.

I know my opinion is not shared by everybody but these are ”Blots on the Landscape” IMHO...Cheers Barry

Original

Barry Haines

overexposed about a stop

Boy oh boy!...You workshop members are hard to please. :ROTFL:
SAME EXPOSURE...But improved highlight detail raw processing.
(Yes, I had to start all over again with the Mk2 version...No requests this is the final version as I have a busy day ahead looking after my parents).
Cheers Barry

PS. If that still looks overexposed by a stop, please recalibrate your monitor as mine was done only yesterday.

jlm

Workshop Member

definitely shows more detail in the hot spot of the bun, but i could use even more. not so much a monitor calibration as blown highlights. (I use a well calibrated Eizo CG 241, by the way)

but i'm one of those guys who likes his toast dark;)

Barry Haines

definitely shows more detail in the hot spot of the bun, but i could use even more. not so much a monitor calibration as blown highlights. (I use a well calibrated Eizo CG 241, by the way)

but i'm one of those guys who likes his toast dark;)
Looks perfect to me jlm, nothing blown in the highlights whatsoever! :confused:
How do others perceive it I am very interested in knowing now?
Is my bun to light, OK or to dark.

PS. I like my toast burnt too but no more than this.
As I said busy day will look in later...Cheers Barry
Not a Mk3 roll just a Mk2a (same bun/roll) with pure white in the highlights...I see a clear difference jlm on my cheap monitor.

JMaher

The pure white looks very different but I have too agree the hot spot still looks blown to me, not that it would have mattered in real life but since you asked :)
Jim

G43

One stop lover and the white plate drowns in noise.
Exposure for the highlights. Spot metering, small spot. Then let the darks fall where they fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.