The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Jlm: like that setup but the tripod is definitively way to big :)
Barry: Tin Mines is gorgeous!
Michiel: #162, i like it very much.

A nice weekend to everybody!
Just turned the heating on in our house, great august!
Thank you Werner! We did exactly the same thing yesterday evening. Freezing cold. Global cooling :D

Barry Haines

And me too. Frustratingly; I'm an exiled Cornishman.

…………….. Chris
Sorry about that Chris, I should have included you...I have also probably missed out one or two others as well from Cornwall. So apologies up front if I have missed anybody else out.

Many thanks Werner...It’s definitely turned a bit chilly tonight here in Blighty...Likewise have a great weekend.

Excellent HiredArm, lovely images, will look forward to seeing some more of your safari shots in due course when you get around to doing them. Hope the surgery went well and you are making a full recovery.

Godfrey, I’m sure a print of that image would look just wonderful on the wall framed.

Taken this evening, a stroll up on Helman Tor...I couldn’t make my mind up which I preferred the colour image or the selenium toned - So I uploaded both of them :D ...Barry

Original

Original

Godfrey

Godfrey, I’m sure a print of that image would look just wonderful on the wall framed.

Taken this evening, a stroll up on Helman Tor...I couldn’t make my mind up which I preferred the colour image or the selenium toned - So I uploaded both of them :D ...Barry

Original
Thanks Barry!
In this case, I like the color rendering.

G

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

Seems to be a quite tight fit of the magnetic rings all the way around on both ends. No visible gaps. There is also a short index pin on the forward side of the bellows ring and corresponding indent hole on the back of the lens plate ring where it attaches and insures alignment.

One issue I did have was that the bottom rail does not fit tightly in my RRS QR clamp so you will need either a RRS screw type clamp or an arca swiss QR clamp for the tripod head.
Thanks very much for sharing Carl. This is encouraging, I was really concerned about the magnetic solution, but it looks like cambo covered that nicely. I see they offer more than only the standard bellow, having a shorter one for wide angle as well.

What a dream of a travel system that really is! My partner and I started to think about traveling for one year and naturally I am thinking about a camera system to take along. The cambo actus is very high on my short list already.

Michiel Schierbeek

'Heart Island, study 1' - a7r / Samyang 14/2.8

Nice! How do you like this lens on the A7r. I recently bought this lens and I will pick it up in at a friend's place in New York soon. Look forward to using it.

Hope they get my camera repared before then. It doesn't look promising; after a week they didn't even know if my camera arrived at the repair center! :loco:
I am on top of it now.

Last edited:

Barry Haines

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Thanks Barry! It was a spontaneous idea to shoot only the sky when I saw some rather spectecular light and cloud settings.

Your tin mines are jaw dropping!!
Likewise thanks Georg.

BTW. The sheep in this part of Cornwall do like to spend more time on their backs than on all 4's.
My (vegetarian) wife can't stand to see it, so we spend less time taking photos and more time trying to find out which field belongs to which farmer so they can be righted...Farmers seem to take a dim view if strangers do it for them...Cheers Barry

W.Utsch

"Garage Classic"

DSC08877_HDR-BW-sharp-2.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr​

Worked hard on this one during the workshop good practice in HDR and PP in PS

This does not sound to good Michiel, hope you get the cam back in time (want to see shots from NYC from you) and we will not be hit by this defect!

dwood

Nice! How do you like this lens on the A7r. I recently bought this lens and I will pick it up in at a friend's place in New York soon. Look forward to using it.

Hope they get my camera repared before then. It doesn't look promising; after a week they didn't even know if my camera errived at the repair center! :loco:
I am on top of it now.
Hi Michiel - I've used the Samyang for a few images now, and it's pretty impressive. It has a fair amount of distortion but it's very sharp and has nice micro-contrast. I haven't looked around for a lens profile yet, but I'd guess someone has built one to tame the barrel/mustache stuff. I've also heard that PTLens handles that pretty well but I haven't messed with that either. Even wide-open, it's quite good. It's manual focus only, of course, but that's fine by me. In terms of price/performance/value, it's kind of a no-brainer. I think they could charge 2-3x the price and it would still be a 'buy'.

Sorry to hear about your camera repair issues and hope that gets resolved soon.

-Doug

Ben Rubinstein

funny how our eye is drawn to certain parts of an image :D
I scrolled past it quickly and my wife leans over and says 'was that a girl or a guy?'. Calling up the optician. Never seen a guy with that much silicone in my life! :D

Saxbike

A few from our trip to Glacier National Park back in July:

Glacier National Park #1

Camera Model: ILCE-7
Lens: FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
Aperture: f/8.0
Exposure Time: 0.008 sec (1/125)
ISO: 320

Glacier National Park #2

Exposure Time: 0.003 sec (1/320)

Glacier National Park #3

Exposure Time: 0.004 sec (1/250)

jfirneno

Been away a few weeks recovering from surgery but al is getting better. Here's a few I took before surgery. I haven't gone through them all yet and they were all taken with the A7r + Zeiss Contax/Yashica 180/2.8 Sonnar FLE. There's still another 500+ photos to go through but here were some of my immediate favorites.
Hired Arm:
That trip must have been some experience. How close were the antelope? Their coats look so detailed.

Regards,
John

Godfrey

Animated GIF experiment ...

Crossing - San Jose 2014
Sony A7 + Color-Skopar 28mm f/3.5
ISO 200 @ f/5.6 @ 1/640 second

A bit large maybe. I'll kill it if it slows the page down too much.

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

G

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.