The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoranC

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

I don't know if that is to be taken serious, if yes:

For sure, i did not want to offend someone with this post. I think that should be clear to everyone.

IMO the pic is inoffensive. Its public everyday life at least where i live.

It shows a calendar hanging on a wall in a public garage, people come and bring their cars to get repaired and bring their kids. During the shooting with all garage doors wide open kids where playing in the yard...
Step outside and look at the commercials everywhere or switch on TV...
Yes, this is to be taken seriously. Did it sound like I was joking?

If you are not capable of realizing that what might be fine for you in your corner of the world is not fine everywhere (I don't need to look around me to know that in United States bare breasts are not being shown in public commercials / TV) then at least you should realize you are not noob on the net, that you do know what NSFW (not safe for work) netiquette says and why, and respect that. Thank you in advance!

W.Utsch

Sorry, Zoran!

I dont shoot normally stuff that would offend somebody and will not post it.

This was just coincidence on location and i did not think about it when posting.

I don't live on an island, i know the world and the net (lived for 17 years in California).
It is OK if you complain and i can take critics but you should not write about what i am capable......or not.
If you felt insulted, again sorry, but do not the same then.

Best regards
Werner

PS: Don't want to spread this but i would like to hear others opinion on this matter and my posted pic.

pfigen

Zoran - Would you object as vociferously to, say, a poster of a topless Richard Gere by Gorman as you do to this rather common sight in every mechanic's garage in all corners of the world. Just want to know how you feel about the ubiquitous double standard. Wow - ubiquitous and vociferous in the same post. I'm impressed.

fotografz

Sorry, Zoran!

This was just coincidence on location and i did not think about it when posting.

I don't live on an island, i know the world and the net (lived for 17 years in California).
It is OK if you complain and i can take critics but you should not write about what i am capable......or not.
If you felt insulted, again sorry, but do not the same then.

Best regards
Werner

PS: Don't want to spread this but i would like to hear others opinion on this matter and my posted pic.
I think it is a bit funny, maybe even ironic.

A "Not Safe For Work" image shown in a … place of work;)

So, I guess it depends on where you work.

All that aside, I find the whole concept of "NSFW" to be a little odd. If you are at work, why are you wasting time looking at photography sites?

In a way, ALL non-work related web cruising is "NSFW" … because technically, you are screwing off on company time.

For shame, for shame.

Now stop reading this nonsense, and get back to work:ROTFL:

- Marc

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

Good morning Ladies and Gents,
Hi Werner,

by no means I find this picture offensive. Not a sausage!

Honestly Zoran, when I read your post, I seriously thought you were joking, and only by reading further it became clear that you mean it.

Personally, what I do find offensive in deed is a certain aggressive political correctness that spreads wherever I look.

Where does all this end then?

Bare legs no good either, or is this dependant on how much legs can be seen? Bare breasts no good, or dependant whether you can see nipples? Bare face no good until you can see nothing but two eyes anymore, because otherwise it is not accepted in other parts of the world, and we all have to be political correct?

Here is a compromise Werner, cover the nipples with some strawberries. ;) Just kidding of course.

Steve P.

I wouldn't open a photography forum in a public area, workplace or otherwise, without first taking note of the people around me. I think taking personal responsibility for one's actions is eminently preferable to expecting someone else to do it for you. Common sense goes a long way.
As to the photograph itself, it is a depiction to be found in industrial workplaces all over the western world and will be familiar to just about anyone who's ever taken a car in for repair or service. Whether the calendar image itself is artistic or merely exploitative is a different debate, and one which can usefully be stimulated by photographs such as Werner's.
Werner, I hope you won't allow your future contributions to be self-censored out of consideration for the misplaced sensibilities of others. I for one enjoy your work here very much.

Michiel Schierbeek

Sorry, Zoran!

So, the shots you don't post are the shots you shoot not normally. :ROTFL::ROTFL:

A bit of humor because a discussion about political correctness will not be very fruitful.

Barry Haines

Dirty window with scratches.

Michiel...I'm not so sure if that "Bust" in the window is PC or not?
or whether or not Bart's 100 naked sheep and one naked dog in a field is really safe for public viewing.
So I will refrain from commenting on your Garage/Calendar shot Werner as in fear of any reprisals.
But then who am I to judge when I have seemingly over exposed my buns (NSTE) not safe to eat.

All I do know is that I am retired and I am enjoying my crisps :watch:

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

You gotta be kiddin me!

Well, I take offence on all the hidden and unsolicited advertising in the picture, please cover details of company names, phone number, address etc. accordingly.

Good Lord.... :ROTFL:

P.S. quick... she is still on page 50! LOL

iiiNelson

In all fairness I did work in a maintenance shop in my youth in USA and pictures (even in the Men's locker room/ bathroom) were forbidden except if they were posted inside your locked locker. They couldn't be readily seen by anyone to include the cleaning crew just in case someone was offended by seeing a lady in a bathing suit much less nude in anyway.

I know it's quite a bit different in the parts of Europe I've been to where you can see it on regular TV. Unfortunately people are more apt to sue for money before talking to a business to correct an issue in USA. So with that being the case people tend to err more on the side of caution - especially with the Internet and people getting fired for voicing their opinions on their personal social media pages. I think it's all just a cultural difference though.

Barry Haines

Time for reflection...Times change together with attitudes...Barry

The poignant hangman’s handle and trapdoor.

Lovely safari shots HiredArm. :thumbup:

W.Utsch

Back to normal nothing offensive (i hope so):
My newest acquisition: Got a very good deal on this lens about 1/2 the regular price.

"New Kid On The Block"

DSC05183.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr​

And a first test shot with it. Funny, in some way it fits to the previous discussion.

"Caution"

DSC09608.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr​

Barry Haines

Back to normal nothing offensive (i hope so):
My newest acquisition: Got a very good deal on this lens about 1/2 the regular price.
Werner, I didn't personally see anything offensive. ;)
But I must admit I'm feeling just a wee bit envious . :D
Congratulations on getting your fast 135mm (B4 me) :clap::clap::clap:
Cheers Barry

dwood

Congrats on your new 135/1.8, Werner! I rented that when I was shooting the a99 and it's one special piece of glass. I've thought about looking for one for the a7r too, but it's HUGE and wondered how it would feel in hand, especially since you need to add the adapter. Looks pretty darn nice attached to your a7r though.

Status
Not open for further replies.