The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorkil

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

:) looking at it objectively, unfortunately one must state, religion kill's more people than it saves
:rolleyes:
thorkil

Barry Haines

What will you do if Sony announces that lens in native FE mount? It could happen within two weeks.
Dave...Good question.
Don't I know it, it's this thought alone that is holding me back.
If the FE turns out to be a MF Loxia 135mm f2.8 which I have a nagging feeling is what they will go with...I will be back to the ZA,ZE, ZF.2 choices...Cheers Barry

mjm6

You may be right with the HDR subject. It was as said a practice in the WS to do HDR and BW conversions with PS layers in further PP.

No i will not post that pic anymore HDR or not :)
No problem... I wouldn't normally even challenge a photographer on an issue like this, and is has absolutely nothing to do with the merits of the image at all (breasts or not), but when I saw it, I thought that it was surprising to me that the subject had enough contrast to show a real benefit from HDR.

Whatever the benefit on this image, I would say that the workshop you went to must have been a load of fun, and a great experience, judging by the excellent images you pulled out of the subjects.

---Michael

jlm

Workshop Member

actually, the 135/f1.8 is almost exactly the same size and weight as the 17mm and the 24mm canon TSE lenses, and they are all bigger/heavier than my SK and Rodie MF lenses!

i think the heaviest lens i have, per inch of length, is the Leica M 50/1.4. with maybe uranium glass!

jlm

Workshop Member

since the charged discussion about the display of nudity is interesting, maybe move all the associated posts to Graham's thread?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Yes it works just fine Guy...We are all still here, Bob hasn't closed us down (YET).
Try not to work to hard :ROTFL:
Well if did not know you could post images from your phone directly. This could be handy when we do workshops we can do do real time images as we go. Could be fun

Michiel Schierbeek

Some time ago I tried the Zeiss ZM Biogon on the A7r, a fantastic lens on the right camera, but not on this one as we all know. I had to try it once.
Still I somehow liked this image. If zeiss could start with something around this FL in their new Loxia line, I would be happy

Barry Haines

Some time ago I tried the Zeiss ZM Biogon on the A7r, a fantastic lens on the right camera, but not on this one as we all know. I had to try it once.
Still I somehow liked this image. If zeiss could start with something around this FL in their new Loxia line, I would be happy

Michiel...I also tried my 25/f2.8 and 35/f2 Biogon's on the A7R and was highly disappointed like others, ended up selling them both soon after...Although they both worked fantastic on the Nex6 and 5N.
I'm only guessing but was your image taken on a 35mm Biogon?...Hard to believe that IQ was squeezed out of the 25mm Biogon (If it was I am in awe :shocked: ).
The SAR is suggesting a 35mm and 50mm f2 (no mention of a 25mm unfortunately) (SR5) First Zeiss Loxia will be a 35mm f/2.0 and 50mm f/2.0 lens. | sonyalpharumors

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Dave...Good question.
Don't I know it, it's this thought alone that is holding me back.
If the FE turns out to be a MF Loxia 135mm f2.8 which I have a nagging feeling is what they will go with...I will be back to the ZA,ZE, ZF.2 choices...Cheers Barry

SO the ZA would still be high on my list...if not the 135 F 2 ZF.2

Bob

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

None of your "argument" would have any value in front of any US Human Resource department or local decency laws, and this us US based board with US based owners and mainly US based membership. Who is biggest consumers of what, or any other theatrics based "argument" is completely irrelevant, laws are laws, rules are rules, respect is respect. Until they are way they are you are obliged to abide by them. No amount of anything changes that.
I bow to no man on Vimeo

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

Werner and Georg....Please, please, please STOP posting 135mm f1.8 images...I'm currently logged into PAYPAL with a twitchy finger...Cheers Barry
Barry, if I am not mistaken, a SSM Version is supposed to come as well. Having said that, as Werner observed, it is focussing quick and accurate even without SSM, but I imagine on superfast cameras like the A77MKII or A6000 this could make a difference.

Guy Mancuso

The ZA 135 1.8 is a lens to reckon with. Just has a great look outside its resolving power.

Okay John we go back to old school to post from your phone. Write your post than go to the button go advanced than hit manage attachments and it can take you to your camera roll than pick image hit upload than submit.

Now I think you can even do from your streaming library as well. So let's as you have real shots that you loaded up to your streaming iCloud account than you could do one of those on the road.

This is a nice feature if your out in the field or location and reading the forum and maybe you want to add a comment and image to a thread that your reading. This could be a nice way to do that for everyone. Give it a go

For us workshop folks in the field it just might be a way to show a image your working on in main camera take a iPhone shot and post to the forum. This could be a nice trick for the forum .

Guy Mancuso

Barry, if I am not mistaken, a SSM Version is supposed to come as well. Having said that, as Werner observed, it is focussing quick and accurate even without SSM, but I imagine on superfast cameras like the A77MKII or A6000 this could make a difference.

Yea I heard this as well. It maybe a good upgrade for some, myself not sure just yet even though I shoot the A77Ii for AF and speed it's not bad as it is today. But certainly we can look at it. Case in point the 70-200 SSM is a rocket at AF. For current owners it will come down to a need issue. Unless they do a upgraded formula which I doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.