The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglouis

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

St Andrews Church, Greensted, near Ongar in Essex - a unique wooden structured church, claimed as the oldest wooden building in Europe. Built approximately 1060AD (just before the Norman conquest).

Sony A7+CV 21/1.8 - tripod shot.

You can see a comparison shot taken with my DP2M here.

W.Utsch

Sorry for you Michiel!
Louis, nice shot - the DP2M is still extremely good.

biglouis

Sorry for you Michiel!
Louis, nice shot - the DP2M is still extremely good.
Werner

Thanks!

Whenever I do a comparison between the DP2M and the A7, I start preferring the DP2M and end up preferring the A7. The A7 is not as sharp or detailed but you can't beat the 'look'. Although, some of that may be the excellent CV 21/1.8 Ultron.

LouisB

G43

St Andrews Church, Greensted, near Ongar in Essex - a unique wooden structured church, claimed as the oldest wooden building in Europe. Built approximately 1060AD (just before the Norman conquest).

Sony A7+CV 21/1.8 - tripod shot.

You can see a comparison shot taken with my DP2M here.
Louis

This image is far better than the DP2M :thumbup:

W.Utsch

Werner

Thanks!

Whenever I do a comparison between the DP2M and the A7, I start preferring the DP2M and end up preferring the A7. The A7 is not as sharp or detailed but you can't beat the 'look'. Although, some of that may be the excellent CV 21/1.8 Ultron.

LouisB
Have the same impression, when i look at my Merrill files they are really special, but as a cam the A7 is so much better and much more fun to use with all my glass.
Resolution wise i would rate the 7R and the Merrill about even.

Have a nice weekend
Werner

dwood

'Plymouth' - a7r / FE 55

I was recently on a scouting trip to look at an area I've been meaning to shoot, and came across this old Plymouth on the side of the road. I couldn't resist its lines, contours, and curves. Turned out that this was the most fun I had shooting the entire day. Go figure.

Barry Haines

Louis Re: Greensted Church...Before I moved to Cornwall I used to live very, very close to this Church...Every month I would buy my honey just 10ft behind your left shoulder. :LOL:

Doug...Love the Plymouth and the treatment.

Taken this afternoon.

Original

biglouis

Louis Re: Greensted Church...Before I moved to Cornwall I used to live very, very close to this Church...Every month I would buy my honey just 10ft behind your left shoulder. :LOL:
Barry, you mean - here? :D

I couldn't resist purchasing some pickled shallots.

Barry Haines

jlm - barry: fantastic!

Thank you John, most appreciated. :)

fotografz - Absolutely LOVE this! - Marc

Thank you Marc, most appreciated ...Perhaps we should meet up? ;) :LOL:

Barry, you mean - here? I couldn't resist purchasing some pickled shallots.

Louis you have an uncanny habit of taking images of places that I have been 2B4...Amazing that you thought to capture the preserves as well!
Did you spot the tiny little lepers squint 6ft to the left of you?
I digress a moment - I remember many years ago having ordered (and then later received) my beautiful new 10x8 Traditional Gandolfi from Fred Gandolfi (Fred and Arthur lovely guys sadly passed away now many years ago, from Peckham). of rushing straight around to this church and knocking out a contact print on the newly then released Oriental Seagull paper (It was a beautiful camera and lovely paper)....Happy days...Enjoy you pickled shallots.

Cheers one and all...Barry

biglouis

jlm - barry: fantastic!

Thank you John, most appreciated. :)

fotografz - Absolutely LOVE this! - Marc

Thank you Marc, most appreciated ...Perhaps we should meet up? ;) :LOL:

Barry, you mean - here? I couldn't resist purchasing some pickled shallots.

Louis you have an uncanny habit of taking images of places that I have been 2B4...Amazing that you thought to capture the preserves as well!
Did you spot the tiny little lepers squint 6ft to the left of you?
I digress a moment - I remember many years ago having ordered (and then later received) my beautiful new 10x8 Traditional Gandolfi from Fred Gandolfi (Fred and Arthur lovely guys sadly passed away now many years ago, from Peckham). of rushing straight around to this church and knocking out a contact print on the newly then released Oriental Seagull paper (It was a beautiful camera and lovely paper)....Happy days...Enjoy you pickled shallots.

Cheers one and all...Barry
Barry, marvellous memory about your camera. Yes, saw the lepers squint or 'eag-thyrel' according to the guidebook (don't you just love old English). This is a seriously worthwhile destination for anyone who is in London or comes to London. You won't see anything quite like it anywhere else (obviously).

LouisB

Status
Not open for further replies.