The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiiNelson

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

St Andrews Church, Greensted, near Ongar in Essex - a unique wooden structured church, claimed as the oldest wooden building in Europe. Built approximately 1060AD (just before the Norman conquest).

Sony A7+CV 21/1.8 - tripod shot.

You can see a comparison shot taken with my DP2M here.
I think this is a case of where gear CAN and DOES make a difference.

Both are great shots of the same subject. I like the A7 version a whole lot more though. The color and warmth of the image seem a lot more settled than the Sigma shot IMO.

Barry Haines

You mean you don't want bleeding eyes from pixel peeping two images layered on top of each other at 100%, clicking the little eye icon on the layers tab again and again and again till it gets to the point where you would happily conclude that a spoon is sharper than a knife? :D
Ben, I would be only to delighted if you could screw up my eyesight :poke: by sending me one of those Canon 24mm FD f2 images :LOL: ...Cheers Barry

Last edited:

dwood

chrisd - I'd say that Canon 16-35/f4 is a winner on the a7r. Impressive.

chrisd

chrisd - I'd say that Canon 16-35/f4 is a winner on the a7r. Impressive.
Thanks Douglas. It is quite impressive - my 17mm and 24mm TS-E lenses are starting to collect dust since the 16-35 f/4 arrived.

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

Right Georg. It's called Cheltenham Badlands, and it's about an hour drive northwest of Toronto, Canada.
Yeah thanks Chris! Now I remembered the full name again. It's been six years
that I shot there for an hour or so. Geeze time flies.... :)

" Trees on Mars?"

Last edited:

Barry Haines

Barry, marvellous memory about your camera. Yes, saw the lepers squint or 'eag-thyrel' according to the guidebook (don't you just love old English). This is a seriously worthwhile destination for anyone who is in London or comes to London. You won't see anything quite like it anywhere else (obviously).

LouisB
Agree Louis, it’s pretty unique and well worthy of a visit if anybody is in that neck of the woods...Honey and preserves are a tasty bonus.
Seeing that picture of yours somehow still reminded me of this Church that I photographed in Wales a couple of months ago (probably because of the stark contrast between the two of them).
Technically it’s not as good as yours or Werner’s (Handheld / non HDR with blown out highlighted windows etc...).
None the less I still felt it worthy enough to upload because it was so unorthodox in it’s decoration; the origins I believe go back to the 12th century...Cheers Barry

Original

jlm

Workshop Member

4 shot pano with the ContaxG90, handheld poking through a hole in a fence (nice tiny lens barrel)

Status
Not open for further replies.